My students tell me I'm a patient teacher. I love what I do and I want them to (re)discover my native language. I have materials that I can gladly share. I have experience with teaching kids, teenagers and adults. I'm sure I will make you appreciate French!
I have a master's degree in teaching English as a Second Language. I taught for 3 years in France to teenagers in a high school.
I have a master's degree in teaching French as a foreign Language. I taught for a year in the USA (Amherst College, MA), one year in Dijon (Ecole Suisse Internationale) and then at the Alliance Française of Toronto to kids (5 to 11 years old), teenagers and adults and now I'm teaching to Canadian government employees in Vancouver.
I teach online or face-to-face.
Adults : $45
French as a Foreign Language Instructor 2019
Collège Educacentre, Vancouver, Canada
- Teaching French as a Foreign Language to adults (group courses and private lessons)
French as a Foreign Language Teacher 2018
Alliance Française de Toronto, Canada and Blessed Sacrament Catholic School, Toronto, Canada
- Teaching French as a Foreign Language to kids (5 to 11 years-old), teenagers (15 years-old) and adults (group courses and private lessons)
Examiner and scorer (TEF Canada, DELF and DALF) 2018
Alliance Française de Toronto, Canada
- Examiner and scorer for the oral production tests of the TEF Canada, DELF (adults: level B2 – juniors: levels A2, B1, B2) and DALF (adults: level C1) and scorer for the written tests of the DELF (level B2)
French as a Foreign Language Teacher 2017 – 2018
École Suisse Internationale, Dijon, France (French private school)
- Teaching French as a Foreign Language to Swiss German students (group courses | 35h/week | A2-B2 levels) visiting Dijon for two weeks as part of a linguistic trip
- Preparing students to DELF B1 and B2. Examining and correcting DELF B1 and B2 mock exams
- Involved in the cultural outings and guided tours
- Teaching FSL in private lessons to adults (A1-B1 levels)
DELF Examiner and scorer 2018
Centre International d’Études Françaises (CIEF), Dijon, France
- Examiner and scorer for the oral production test of the DELF (B1 and B2 levels)
French Course Leader 2015 – 2016
Education First (International education company to learn English abroad through linguistic trips)
- Managed and supervised for two weeks a group of teenagers from different countries (14-18 years old) in Oxford, England
- Managed and supervised for two weeks a group of French children (11-14 years old) in St Paul’s Bay, Malta
English teacher (intern then substitute) 2014 – 2016
Lycée Montchapet, Dijon, France (French public high school)
- Teaching English to Grade 12 and College students (group courses | B1-C1 levels)
French Teaching Assistant 2013 – 2014
Amherst College, Amherst, MA, United States
- Taught French as a Foreign Language to American students (group courses | A2-B1 levels)
- Promoted French language and culture through events (movie night, karaoke night, group conversations)
French as a Foreign Language teacher (volunteer and intern) 2017
Alliance Française of Burgundy, Dijon, France
- Organized the International Day of the French Language (conference, games, contest, dinner and movie night) (volunteer)
- Observed group courses and taught FSL to international students (A1-A2 levels) (intern)
University of Burgundy, Dijon, France :
Masters in teaching French as a Foreign Language 2016 – 2017
Masters in teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) 2014 – 2016
Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor in English Language and Literature 2010 – 2013
Océane and I went to University together and I've seen her become a caring teacher, very patient, always wanting to help her students do their best and achieve their goals. She adapts to the students level which allows them to improve at their own pace. She is also creative, when we worked on projects she always had great ideas to stimulate the kids.
I met Océane in September 2018 at Alliance Française. She was my french teacher for 4 month. She had just arrived from France. In that short space of time, her ability to teach and impart knowledge in a very efficient, effective, and enjoyable way was immediately noticed. Her years of post-graduate english studies allowed her to convey the subtleties in translations and how to best get your point across. She created a great teaching environment where students were given the confidence to speak, make mistakes and learn. She is sorely missed. I would definitely recommend Océane to any teaching organization.
Océane is a patient, dedicated and kind person who loves teaching. She has a passion for languages and her different experiences as a teacher in different contexts show that she can adapt to all public. I highly recommend Océane as a tutor.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|