Firstly, I want to know what the student knows and what I need to teach. I will ask my students to explain their understanding of the topic in the most basic level to me. By doing this I am able to quickly uncover gaps in my student's knowledge and fill them in quickly. Next, I emphasize in doing practice questions with my students to deepen their understanding of the material and test their ability to apply what I have taught. Being a student myself who has excelled through the British Columbian and advanced placement education system, I know exactly what the student must know in order to succeed. As a result, my students have an advantage and are able to excel in their classes and save time they would have wasted studying irrelevant information. I work towards supporting each of my students individually to ensure each and every one of them reaches their personal academic goal!
I am a UBC Science student studying Microbiology and Immunology who graduated from Burnaby Central Secondary with an academic scholarship. After I complete my undergraduate degree, I intend to study Medicine. I have been tutoring for three years and in that time, I have helped many students do well in high school and receive admission to top universities including UBC and UofT. Having been accepted to a prestigious university myself, alongside helping younger students, I have learned that efficient systems and proper studying methods are key to success. I will help improve your personal studying strategies and help you succeed in courses you currently find challenging!
I'm confident in providing help for:
Math (Grade 8 - University Calculus)
Biology (Grade 11-University)
Chemistry (Grade 11- University)
Economics (Grade 12- AP)
Study Tips From a UBC Science Student:
1) PRACTICE QUESTIONS, PRACTICE QUESTIONS, PRACTICE QUESITONS! (Old exams and assigned problems are the best way to prepare for a test!)
2) Focus on active learning methods. Use sites such as Quizlet or apps such as Anki to create our own questions surrounding the material or to memorize information in the most efficient way.
*Never study by just rereading notes! It is not an efficient use of your time!
3) Use the pomodoro technique while studying. Concentrate on a task for 25 minutes followed by a 5-minute break. (50 minutes of work followed by 10 minutes of a break is also a great!) This will make studying more enjoyable and will lead to decrease in fatigue/exhaustion for students studying for majority of the day.
4) NEVER SKIP SLEEP!!! A good night’s rest before an exam can make all the difference and sleep is scientifically proven to enhance learning ability alongside increase cognitive abilities.
5) Take breaks for exercise. Even a 30-minute walk or 10-minute stretch can improve your mood and reduce stress/anxiety surrounding studying!
6) Try to avoid music while studying. This is a personal preference but for the vast majority of people, music leads to distraction and lower productivity. Try instrumental music with no lyrics instead!
Bhavin is a very patient and kind tutor. He worked with me throughout high school and walked me through various math and science courses including Chemistry 12, Calculus 12 and AP Biology. I was able to gain acceptance to my dream school University of Toronto because of all his help. He is very smart and explains concepts extremely clearly. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help without a doubt!
Bahvin is a selfless and dedicated person who has a passion for helping other students in their struggles academically. One year ago I was devastated by the wrath of chemistry 12 and it's intensity from the course. My grade was plummeting, and I was at the brink of failing and dropping out. Then one day Bahvin noticed I was falling behind and becoming anxious so he introduced himself kindly and offered a helping hand. Then for the rest of the semester he tutored me very patiently and catered to my pace of study. Eventually I ended up with an amazing score that I could never have achieved with out his helping hand. His patience and selflessness really shines in his personality making him an amazing tutor!
Bhavin is a fantastic teacher. He explains concepts very clearly and knows how to adjust his pace based on your comfort with the material. With something like math, which is based heavily on logic and equations, he will walk-through the relevant foundations that you need to know and describe the types of patterns you should watch out for in figuring out how to solve problems.
Bhavin is a fantastic leader and teacher. I was struggling with economics in my first year at UBC and after a couple days of tutor, I started to understand the course material more clearly. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs extra help especially in any science, business, and math related courses.
Very good teacher! Finds a way to explain every question I have in a way that I can understand! Also has very flexible hours! He will bring the class material for you so you don’t need to worry about buying books!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|