I ensure that I am patient and kind, yet engaging with my students. It is important that I get to know the students and what they like/are good at and what we can work on. I like to encourage asking question and believe that it is important that students think critically about concepts. Organization is important to me thus the tutor time will be spent diligently, and I will strive to plan how the sessions are organized (for instance; first working on review, then homework, lastly something to complete for next session or a fun activity).
I am a first-year university nursing student. I have excelled in academic English and have a great passion for writing, reading, and teaching. Throughout high school, I was a four-year honor-roll student. Besides academics, I love volunteering and helping others. I have volunteered as a tutor for a not-for-profit organization and taught a diverse range of students in high-school. Furthermore, I was a youth volunteer in my community and assisted kids with reading, art, and writing. I care deeply about education and enjoy learning new things.
Please notify me 24 hrs in advance if you would like to cancel a tutoring session.
To obtain a teaching position where I will be able to efficiently use my skills and knowledge to gain experience and help students.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluent in speaking, writing, reading, and translating Tamil and English
- Able to efficiently use the Internet, Zoom, Google Meet, Email, Adobe, Microsoft Office Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Well-rounded, pro-active, diligent, punctual, creative, independent, leadership skills and intellectual
- Certified in CPR/First Aid (Canadian Red Cross March 2018)
- WHMIS Training (March 2018)
- Child Abuse Awareness Training (February 2018)
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS: 2017-2020
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (2020)
- Received Honor Roll 2016-2020 (all four years of high school)
- Pathways Tutoring Attendance certificate (2019)
- Won $5000 for BOOST charity in Youth and Philanthropy Initiative competition (2018)
EXTRA-CURRICULAR INVOLVEMENT: 2016-2019
- Youth Advisory Group member at Woodside Library (2018-2019)
- Super Care Pharmacy volunteer (August 2019)
- Pathways Tutor for grade 9-10 students (2017-December 2019)
- Heart Beatz/Cliffcrest Youth Engagement Volunteer/Placement Student (2018)
- Youth Volunteer – HA Halbert Childcare Centre, assist kids with art crafts, reading, homework, and
interact and play with them (May 2018 to present day)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|