I base my classes on the needs of the client (You!). We can discuss what you are looking for in your sessions (weight loss, muscle toning, increase cardiovascular, injury management or prevention). I love working with individuals or group and sharing my passion of yoga to keep you moving and feeling fantastic!
I graduated with honours in the Health, Wellness & Fitness program at mohawk College. I am a certified 200hr Hatha Yoga instructor from the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre Montreal, as well as a certified Booty Barre Instructor. I have also taught Pole Dance and Flexibility Classes for 6 years.
Last minute cancellations will receive a cancellation fee.
Please keep communication with me open so we can re-schedule your class according to your availability to avoid cancellation fees.
I am flexible with my timing and happy to work any issues out together. Your health and well-being is my top priority :)
Group Fitness and Instructor with the knowledge and drive to apply education and enthusiasm in supporting clients in their wellness journeys particularly in the areas of Yoga and Barre. Promotes activities that transform unhealthy habits and fuel healthy minds and bodies. Enjoys inspiring others to commit to long-term health and fitness goals.
• Exercise modification / injury prevention
• Group exercise leadership
• Community Building
• Develop comprehensive and engaging classes
• Social and outgoing interpersonal skills
• Compassionate, intuitive, and non-judgmental teaching style.
• Trustworthy, reliable and punctual
• Possess the ability to monitor students progression and make any necessary modifications
• Confidently lead group parties of up to 15 participants
• Lead Barre Instructor for teacher training programs at Brass Bombshells Pole Dance Studio
• Designed and implemented a Ballet Barre Training Manual for Brass Bombshells Pole Dance Studio
• Develop comprehensive class formats to ensure clients leave class feeling energized and inspired
• Offer a compassionate, intuitive, and non judgmental teaching style
-Independent Yoga and Barre Instructor Mar 2017 – Present
-Prime Times Studio: Studio Manager / Yoga & Pole Dance Instructor June 2017 – Aug 2017
-Shakti Yoga Byron Bay: Yoga Instructor / Personal Assistant Dec 2016 – Mar 2017
-Yoga Corner: Yoga Teacher Volunteer Apr 2016 – June 2016
-Brass Bombshells: Yoga, Barre & Pole Fitness Instructor Nov 2012 – Nov 2015
-Yoga Shala: Yoga & Barre Instructor Mar 2015 – Nov 2015
Health, Wellness & Fitness April 2014
Mohawk College Faculty of Justice & Wellness
Pole Spotting & Safety Course
• A 1.5 hour practical training course to enhance proper spotting and safety techniques designed to assist students in a safe and confident environment
Booty Barre Instructor Training Course
• An 18 hour practical training program designed to develop safe and proper technique execution as well as program design
Fly Gym Aerial Fitness Instructor Training Course
• A 6 hour practical training course on how to use wraps and holds in the fabric slings to leverage one’s body off the ground, how to properly progress exercises using these different wraps and body positions plus a variety of Fly Gym aerial exercises, and how to structure an aerial fitness class.
Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course 200hr
• Certified by the Worldwide Yoga Alliance for the 200 hours standard for Registered Yoga Schools (RYS)
Emergency First Aid CPR Level A
10 Day Vicharana Retreat in the Himalayas
• Opportunity to integrate and practice Neti Neti meditation techniques while submersed in a silent environment to explore and journey within the Self.
Acro Yoga Workshops
• Workshops focus on the fundamentals of Acro Yoga, where students practice easy to advanced partner asanas, basic alignment principles, and entry techniques.
10 Day Handstand Intensive Training Course
• A 40 hour intensive course designed to introduce theory, technique, and practical experience on the art of circus inspired hand balancing
Perfect! Jess provides Yoga instruction that is clear, motivating, friendly, and fun. Highly recommended.
Gershon is very open to trying new movement patterns and has great communication skills to ensure his exercise programs deliver optimal performance! He is a pleasure to work with and makes teaching online classes feel just as comfortable as in person!
Jess is an awesome teacher, her trainings helped me in so many ways, she has a deep understanding of yoga and stretching that can help any athelte.
Jess is so knowledgeable in her trainings. She explained why each move helps each muscle group so I could focus on my hips specifically. She's calm, patient and can answer all your questions!
I had never tried yoga before I met Jess back in 2016. From there we did daily yoga classes together. She was a fantastic teacher and was extremely knowledgable. Jess has a wonderful ability in being able to explain every move, its benefits and the areas it is targeting. She explained everything very well and I found myself really progressing and developing my skills. As soon as I met Jess I found her passion and drive very inspiring and I was very lucky to not only learn yoga skills but also build a beautiful friendship with her. Jess is a very kind and patient person with a beautiful soul.
Jess is a strong beautiful soul! I've know her for a few years now and she's motivated, driven and highly skilled in what she does. She gives me motivation to live a healthier lifestyle everyday, her knowledge and experience in all she does is truly amazing ! Definitely would recommend her to anyone!! ️
Jess’s compassion for Yoga along with her positive energy and caring personality are qualities that make Jess a wonderful Yoga Teacher.
I have had the pleasure of training with Jess.
She is the most caring and genuine person you will meet.
She has worked hard to be where she is today and only wants to see yiu successful in your journey.
After you spend one class with her you will always look forward to the next.
She had a light hearted, free spirit attitude that will make you feel comfortable!
She wants to help you achieve your goals! Try a class and I guarantee you will go back for more!
She has been a tremendous inspiration to me and has helped me to achieve my fitness goals.
You won't be sorry.
Light and love!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking vinyasa yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$33|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$165|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$330|