I believe that students need to be excited by their learning. If there is something that they are not enjoying I believe that there is always a way to make learning exciting.
Learning and school should be fun, exciting and should meet the student's needs.
I have been teaching K-8 for two years full-time. I have taught in classrooms, in museums and have worked with students with varying learning disabilities. I would love to help you/your child close any learning gaps or to assist with homework.
If lessons are cancelled less than 24 hours prior the full rate will still apply.
Bachelor of Education May 2015 – August 2016
Queen’s University, Kingston, ON
Honors Bachelor of Child and Youth Studies September 2011-April 2015
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON
Primary Classroom Teacher
Impact Teachers, London, United Kingdom August 2016-July 2018
• Full time classroom teacher (Year 4 and Year 5)– planning and teaching literacy, mathematics, history, geography, physical education, music, religion, guided reading as well as individualized interventions for mathematics and literacy
• Supply teacher – Reception to year 6, taught mathematics, literacy, guided reading, science, social and emotional wellbeing
Grade 5/6 – Teacher Candidate May 2016 (4 weeks)
• Planning and preparing to teach 100% of core curriculum courses.
Science and History – Teaching Volunteer March-April 2016 (3 weeks)
American Museum of Natural History, New York City, USA
• Taught hands-on science to students K-12 through interactive manipulatives and applications
• Information was presented to students at their level and developed an understanding of the science behind each exhibit throughout the museum.
Grade 7/8 – Teacher Candidate February-March 2016 (4 weeks)
• Taught Language Arts, Visual Art and Science lessons for 100% of the day to two classes of grade 7/8 students.
• Started to develop a program for a student struggling in reading to ensure they are able to succeed at their level while still being challenged.
• Developed two units; recycling systems around the world, public service announcements.
Grade One – Teacher Candidate October-November 2015 (6 weeks)
• Taught mathematics unit on numerical relationships, Remembrance Day social studies lesson and morning calendar.
• In order to assess students learning assessments for learning were done daily using mathematics worksheets. The summative assessment for mathematics was done in a test format.
• Differentiation was done through one on one assistance for many students, working on important activities at different times of the day, oral communication instead of written, tracing sentences for those who struggled with fine motor skills
TEACHING RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Classroom Volunteer September 2014 – April 2015
• Worked one on one with a child with low vision and cerebral palsy.
• Worked with educators to develop a program, in partnership with their IEP (statement), tailored to a specific student to learn strategies to help integrate into a regular classroom.
• Developed an understanding of the specific needs of different disabilities and the tools they need in order to successfully navigate public schools.
Tutor September 2012 – April 2015
Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara, St. Catharines, ON
• Taught and helped students to develop their reading skills.
• Developed a lesson through play for bi-weekly sessions in order for students to reach their goals.
• Designed activities that were both educational and enjoyable for students in order to foster learning at their level.
I worked closely with Katie in two different primary schools and I am very confident that she could provide high quality teaching and a safe and positive learning environment anywhere she goes! Katie’s passion and enthusiasm for learning is contagious and she truly cares deeply for the safety, progression, and success of each and every one of her students.
I had the pleasure to work with Katie in a primary Setting based in London for a year. She has a six year degree and a range of practice gained from teaching in a range of schools.
Katie is an energetic, enthusiastic teacher who caters to all needs and interests. She goes above and beyond her duties to do the best for her students.
I would highly recommend her!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$28||$22|