The toughest part about math is that a lot of concepts build on previous ones. So if you missed something about the previous material, you may find it difficult to understand the new concepts at times.
When I teach, I help the student determine what they *do* know. And from there I build on that knowledge, bit by bit. I help them discover the solutions and this way my students feel that they actually understand the material. I prefer this instead of just telling my students how to do a question and having them watch me work out a problem.
I have a Master's Degree in Math and I am an Ontario Certified Teacher for Secondary School. I've tutored students one-on-one and I was a Teaching Assistant in University for 1st year math courses.
Currently I tutor students for a living and I absolutely enjoy it! The best part about my job is seeing my students achieve the goals they had set for themselves at the beginning of the term. At the same time I make math fun to learn - the proof? My students' testimonies!!
1) Any sessions cancelled within 12 hours of the start of the session - the student/parent must pay the full fee of the session
2) If the student is late for a session, I will not be able to extend beyond the original finish time. However I will take the fee for the full session
3) If I am late, the student will be able to choose one of the following:
-I will extend the session to make up for the missed time OR
-I will make up the time at the next session OR
-I will prorate the fee so that I only get paid for the time I tutored the student
**I will never take money for time that I did not work**
Brock University, Hamilton, ON 2011
Bachelor of Education
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON 2010
Master of Science (Pure Mathematics)
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON 2008
Bachelor of Science, Honours
• Mathematics Specialization, Minor in French
Self-Employed, Hamilton, ON 2015 - 2019
Private Math Tutor
• Thoroughly reviewed course content with students from middle school to university by applying various teaching strategies to suit each student’s learning style
• Coached students in stress and time management to better prepare for exams
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Hamilton, ON 2014 - 2015
• Collected relevant information by phone/written correspondence from workplace parties and health care practitioners in order to adjudicate claims
• Used the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and established policies to make accurate decisions in work-related accident claims
• Communicated decisions to the workplace parties in a timely and professional manner
Reliable Life Insurance Company, Hamilton, ON 2012 - 2014
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
• Responded to customer inquiries about travel insurance in a fast paced call centre in both English and French
• Relayed accurate information on eligibility of benefits using various sources of information
• Initiated claims using MS Office and other software, and sent out correspondence to customers via mail/e-mail
• Used problem solving skills to effectively resolve customer disputes and to avoid escalation
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON 2005 - 2009
• Used effective teaching techniques to run weekly tutorials for first year calculus and linear algebra classes
• Held weekly office hours in the Math Help Centre to assist students in completing homework
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Halton District School Board, Burlington, ON 2010-2011
Teacher Candidate – Grade 9-12 Math and French Courses
• Completed over 140 hours of teaching in the classroom in three secondary schools throughout the Board as part of the Teacher’s College program
• Implemented cooperative learning strategies to enhance students’ interpersonal skills
• Integrated a range of assessment techniques to actively track student progress
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||Not available|