- Hourly rate $120
- Response Time 13h
- Number of students 27
PhD Academically Trained Tutor in Economics, Econometrics Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Economical Analysis (+coding)
- By webcam
About the lesson
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- PhD Candidate, current research focused in Machine Learning for Asset Pricing (Finance).
- Financial Management University Teaching Assistant.
- Academically trained to teach.
- Strong Analytical background with extensive classroom and online teaching experience.
- MSc in Quantitative Finance, Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance.
- 4 years of experience as a Financial Analyst in a Fintech company.
- For the last 2.5 years I have tutored, in Hong Kong and online, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analysis and Italian language, both with private face-to-face tutoring as well as small groups, with students ranging from 5 years old to adult learners.
- Excellent material available including slides, videos, tutorials and reading material. Extensive experience in research methods and software including Python, Jupyter notebook, Matlab, Sas, Stata, R, Sql/Oracle and Excel.
- I thoroughly enjoy helping others, as my patience and friendly nature makes it easier to be in an educational environment.
- I have learnt to adapt to different needs and learning styles according to the student, in order to optimise their success in turning their weaknesses into strengths.
- Since my academic background is Economics and Finance, I would be more than happy to assist you with substantive work too in that field.
- I'm patient, friendly and understanding. I am proficient in research and development and it’s my day to day work. I am a photography enthusiast and an insatiable learner.
- Management Accounting
- All Levels
I can offer my assistance with Economics, Econometrics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and related subjects (with coding and programming if you are interested in it).
I understand that there are different kinds of learning methods, so as long as you can find your style and the appropriate method, I believe that you can get twice the result with half the effort. I have been told to be good at breaking down complex scientific concepts, explaining them in diagrams, and also relating them to their uses in our daily lives. I can help you to understand Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Investments and Business-related subjects (Financial Management, Financial Analysis, Investments, Portfolio Theory and Management, Budgeting, Asset Pricing, Forecasting Models and many more) as well as introducing you to the fast-growing field of Data Analysis and Data Science.
- International Economics
- General Economics
- Forecasting Financial Series and Data
- Fundamental Financial Concepts
- International Finance
- Portfolio Theory and Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Economic Methodology
- Economic Theory
- Political Economy
- Mathematical Economics
I found Andrea to be a helpful, patient, and encouraging tutor. Thanks Andrea, your help was much appreciated.
Andrea is an excellent teacher! He is knowledgeable and got back to me quickly when I reached out to plan a lesson. I required a lot of help working with Excel for a school project and Andrea was able to teach me everything I needed to know during our session. He provided very clear explanations and allowed me to record the zoom call so that I could return to it for future reference which will be extremely helpful.
Very knowledgeable, can help with university-level statistics courses.
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $600
- 10 h: $1200
- $ 120/h