EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- PhD Candidate, current research focused in Machine Learning for Asset Pricing (Finance)
- 4 years extensive experience with Database interrogation, designing, data integration and data analysis
- 4 years of experience as a Financial Analyst in a Fintech company
- Financial Management University Teaching Assistant
- Strong Analytical background with extensive classroom and online teaching experience.
- MSc in Quantitative Finance, Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance
- For the last 2.5 years I have tutored, in Hong Kong and online, Database, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analysis and Italian language, both with private face-to-face tutoring as well as small groups, with students ranging from 5 years old to adult learners
- Excellent material available including slides, videos, tutorials and reading material. Extensive experience in research methods and software including SQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, DB2, DB, Python, Jupyter notebook, Matlab, Sas, Stata and Excel.
- I thoroughly enjoy helping others, as my patience and friendly nature makes it easier to be in an educational environment.
- I have learnt to adapt to different needs and learning styles according to the student, in order to optimise their success in turning their weaknesses into strengths.
- I'm patient, friendly and understanding. I am proficient in research and development and it’s my day to day work. I am a photography enthusiast and an insatiable learner.
I can offer my assistance with Database languages, querying, designing, prototyping, normalization and data mining, as well as data integration and ETL. I have extensive experience tutoring students in Database and Data Science courses, with a focus on databases, mainly from UK, Canada and Hong Kong universities, besides many other countries and professionals.
I understand that there are different kinds of learning methods, so as long as you can find your style and the appropriate method, I believe that you can get twice the result with half the effort. I have been told to be good at breaking down complex statistical and modelling concepts, explaining them in diagrams, and also relating them to their uses in our daily lives. I can help you to understand and design from scratch a relational database and answer interesting Data Science questions.
I have extensive professional knowledge of SQL, Oracle and related languages such, MySQL, SQLite, DB2, as well as database functions and database packages in Python.
- Data Analysis/Science
Andrea is an excellent teacher! He is knowledgeable and got back to me quickly when I reached out to plan a lesson. I required a lot of help working with Excel for a school project and Andrea was able to teach me everything I needed to know during our session. He provided very clear explanations and allowed me to record the zoom call so that I could return to it for future reference which will be extremely helpful.
Very knowledgeable, can help with university-level statistics courses.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest SQL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, mysql lessons for all!
Taking oracle lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$70|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$700|