I would be able to teach course content of certain History, Economics, Politics and Business courses, and offer valuable skills in essay writing and how to effectively organise and revise for exams. I have experience tutoring English up until GCSE level.
I am currently an undergraduate at the Univerisity of Manchester. I completed A levels in History, Economics, Politics and Business Studies to a high standard. I have experience in tutoring, especially English, and I am a very skilled essay writer and would be able to offer great advice and tutoring for many subjects.
2015 – 2017: Congleton High School Sixth Form Honours Student
Completed the following qualifications:
A2 History - A
A2 Government & Politics - A
A2 Economics - C
AS Business Studies - C
2012 – 2015: Biddulph High School
Achieved the following grades at GSCE:
Further Mathematics A
English Literature A
English Language B
Additional Science A
Core Science B
Graphic Design A*
Business Studies A
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award; including 3-day expedition involved:
• 3 months of sporting activity (completed Kayaking level 3).
• 3 months of skills (cooking skills).
• 6 months of voluntary experience (helped at brownies, continued this after award achieved).
NCS (National Citizens Service)
• 2-week residential course, involving outdoor activities and team building exercise.
• 1-week social action project: volunteering at a retirement village.
December 2015: Siemens Christmas Retirement Party
• Waitressing staff.
• One-off events.
• Duties include table setting, waiting on, serving drinks, and cleaning up.
January 2015 – August 2015: Congleton Golf Club
• Waitress and kitchen staff.
• Flexible hours as required, usually weekends.
• Duties include table setting, waiting on, food preparation, and washing up.
Sept 2013 – August 2015: Gillow Heath Brownies
• Voluntary helper at Brownies, Kingsfield 1st School, Biddulph.
• Involved attending weekly meeting and assisting in the running of the activities and supervision of children.
• Also attended several residential events, staying overnight with the Brownies and helping with supervision and running of the event.
Feb 2016 – June 2016: English Tutoring at Congleton High School
• English/reading and writing skills/homework assistance.
• Weekly, evening hours.
• Involved attending weekly afterschool sessions.
September 2016 – December 2016: Astbury Garden Centre Topiary Coffee Shop
• Making hot drinks including use of industrial coffee machine.
• Serving customers, taking food out and clearing tables.
• Working the till and handling cash.
• Working the sandwich bar, preparing food.
December 2016 – August 2017: Tesco plc.
• Stock control/product management
• Flexible shifts with 9.5 set hours.
• Training in retail laws.
• Working as part of a close team with high level of responsibility.
Hobbies and Interests
Reading and Politics: I loved reading from a young age, and this has continued through my teenage years. Throughout Sixth Form this progressed into reading around my areas of study, particularly politics, which I hope to study at university at some point.
Volunteering: I first got involved with Volunteering through my Duke of Edinburgh award in High School, continuing my work past the required 6 month period and until my GCSE’s. I also regularly volunteered with fund-raising and school events as part of my role on the Student Leadership Team during my time at Sixth Form.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$127|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$255|