I intend to give lessons to any student from primary school up until GCSE level. I teach Mathematics, Oral English, Accounting and Finance and am also able to give lessons for students that need help with CFA Level 1 excluding Fixed Income and Economics and ACCA papers F7 and F9.
Lessons will include overview of topics to be covered, teaching session, review session and practice questions where applicable. Any questions a student may have can be answered during the tutorial or by e-mail.
Students may also decide the structure they want the lesson to take if they'd like.
I was the Accounting and Statistics for Business tutor for a study group (12 people) while an undergraduate and those that attended my tutorials and revision classes made tremendous improvement from that semester onwards most notably a student who had carried over the previous semester (F) got a B the very next semester. Also taught Oral English to my fellow students (almost 60) while in secondary school and more than 80% passed the external exam.
UNIVERSITY OF EXETER, Exeter, Devon 2016-present
MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management (Distinction)
• Highly technical and analytical degree which has allowed me to improve my numerical, logical reasoning, team work and report writing skills as well as my understanding of financial markets
• Member of the Business and Finance Society, Exeter Student Volunteers and Nooma Christian Society
Core modules studied:
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Financial Modelling
• Investment Instruments
• Investment Research Methods
• Topics in Financial Economics
• Investment Analysis /Equity Valuation
COVENANT UNIVERSITY, Ota, Nigeria 2011-2015
BSc (Honours) Accounting (Second Class Upper Division – 4.43/5)
• Member of the Nigerian Universities Accounting Students Association (NUASA): Covenant University Chapter, Volleyball team, Swim team and School Chaplaincy
• Participated in the CIMA Global Business Challenge (2015) which required a team of four to act as consultants and present a report providing solutions to problems faced by a fictitious company
• 30,000-word dissertation examining the roles of auditing and investigation in the reduction of fraudulent government activities
Core modules studied:
• Advanced Financial Accounting
• Corporate Finance
• Strategic Financial Management
• International Accounting
• Advanced Cost and Management Accounting
• Quantitative Analysis for Financial Decisions
• Business and Company Law
• Forensic Accounting
• Statistics for Business and Social Science
MEA MATER ELIZABETH HIGH SCHOOL, Enugu, Nigeria 2005-2011
• 9 SSCEs (Grades A1, B2 & B3 including Mathematics (A1) and English Language(B2))
CFA INSTITUTE - CFA Level 3 Candidate
ASSOCIATION OF CHARTERED CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS (ACCA) - Student Member (F5, F7 & F9 passed)
BLOOMBERG LP – Bloomberg Market Concepts
C&I LEASING PLC (NGSE: CILEASING), Lagos, Nigeria September 2015-August 2016
Treasury Officer Intern
• Processed payments and bank transfers for all departments in the company.
• Posted the transactions of the different company departments using the accounting software Sage ERP X3.
• Reconciled the company’s cash book and bank statements which included over 60 bank accounts.
AURORA WORLDWIDE, London, Greater London June 2014-July 2014
Field Sales Representative
• Developed negotiation skills allowing me to secure donors for the British Red Cross, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO), with donations ranging from 1-5 years in duration.
• Responsible for customers’ awareness of clients’ products/services and verification of customer details.
• Participated in daily sales, marketing and customer service training meetings.
JUHEL NIGERIA LTD, Enugu, Nigeria June 2013-July 2013
• Posted the company’s transactions using the accounting software QuickBooks.
• Recorded and monitored inventory at the various depots around the country.
• Managed the company’s fixed assets ledger.
• Vetted and recorded customer receipts and company’s petty cash transactions.
LEADERSHIP ROLES AND AWARDS
National Youth Service Corps Camp
• Captain of my platoon’s volleyball team (2015)
• Editor (NUASA) (2014-2015)- Managed the association’s website, magazine and past questions and was awarded for excellent service
• Sportswoman of the Year (NUASA) (2013, 2014 & 2015)
• Wing Chaplain (2013-2014)- Supervised floor chaplains of the wing and oversaw the floor devotions
• Tutorial Group Leader (2012)
Mea Mater Elizabeth High School
• Deputy Secretary-General, Model United Nations (MEAMUN) (2010-2011)
• Assistant House Prefect (2010-2011)
• House Handball Captain (2010-2011)
• President of the Security Council, Model United Nations (MEAMUN) (2009)
SKILLS AND OTHER INFORMATION
• Currently volunteer under Exeter Food Action by taking leftovers from various university food outlets to homeless shelters Safe Sleep and Gabriel House
• Experienced in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS), Sage ERP, Peachtree, QuickBooks and Tally ERP
• Interests include golf, volleyball, snooker, table tennis, netball, playing card games, liar’s poker, solving kriss kross and Sudoku puzzles, watching movies and experiencing new things
She loves inspiring children and students alike. Also, being a postgraduate student herself, she is quite knowledgeable academically and knows the challenges faced by students at all levels.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking financial management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$34|