I begin each course by gauging students' skills so I can develop a personalized plan that suits individual needs. Students will engage in stimulating and engaging activities to improve their English skills. I believe in patience, compassion, and granting my students the utmost attention and care geared towards their success. Once a lesson ends, the learning does not stop there. I assign homework assignments and will address any questions or issues students may have.
Hello! I am a Pre-Law graduate from the world-renowned University of Toronto. Throughout my university experience, I developed strong English skills and tutoring experience by leading study groups to assist a group of diverse peers to succeed on topics they struggled with. Currently, I manage a multi-million dollar marketing portfolio where I leverage my English abilities to succeed in a real-life setting.
Education Jan 2016 – Dec 2019
University of Toronto
Honours Bachelor of Arts, Pre-Law, Political Science, History
Account Manager: Yep Ads Aug 2020 – Present
- Utilized English fluency to communicate routinely in person and via Skype with 24 clients, management, and the finance department with professionalism to identify and resolve complex issues to ensure daily operations function smoothly and prevent similar recurring problems.
- Conducted one-on-one training to help onboard new employees and created instruction sheets for daily tasks.
- Read and explained contracts to new clients during the onboarding process to ensure they understand the company’s terms and conditions.
-Guided new clients through the process of signing up for digital marketing services Guided new clients through the process of signing up for digital marketing services and upsold additional services to existing customers to a portfolio generating $250,000+ monthly revenue.
Store Manager: Art Palace Nov 2016 – Dec 2020
- Responsible for managerial and customer service duties within a service setting, such as communicating and serving with clients with English fluency and professionalism – assisting in driving revenue up to $800,000 annually.
- Conducted group and one-on-one training for new employees to ensure they understand and adhere to policies.
- Led a team of up to 6 employees to meet or exceed daily sales quotas of $2000+.
- Created an e-commerce website and wrote blog posts with Squarespace - increasing monthly earnings by 10% and decreased monthly operational costs between 20% - 30%.
Research Coordinator: Safe City Mississauga Oct 2019 – June 2020
- Created an informative Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow about company programs and presented it at the University of Toronto to educate the public about crime prevention initiatives.
Project Manager: Gizmo Sharks June 2015 – Aug 2019
- Performed project management tasks such as serving international clients utilizing English skills and translation tools, developing digital marketing campaigns for 10 clients based on their unique business goals, and organizing documents to maintain a safe and accessible filing system.
- Produced 3-4 weekly sales reports using Microsoft Excel to identify changing trends and adjusted sales plans accordingly – saving operational time by 30 minutes daily.
- Evaluated and recommended solutions for problems with critical thinking and problem-solving skills in a timely manner while promoting superior products and services – resulting in increased monthly revenue by 10%.
Note-Taker: University of Toronto Jan 2017 – Dec 2019
- Wrote and edited comprehensive lecture notes with Microsoft Word and submitted them 4-6 times weekly to help students with learning impairments achieve academic excellence – accumulating 200+ volunteer hours.
Tian's a consistent hard worker. I've done a statistics course with him back in university and any topics that he would struggle on he would spend enough time to not just understand it but also explain it to me.
Tian has good grammatical expertise.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$80||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$160||Not available||$200|