I facilitate learning by focusing on the needs of the students first and I structure my lessons and activities according to their level of comprehension. As a former teacher, I offer a structured approach to learning with the necessary scaffolding and supports required for students to progress and internalize the material they are studying. I have always believed that hands on, activity based learning is the most beneficial and effective for students and I believe the same can be said for private tutoring.
I am a former high school teacher specializing in English as well as Social Sciences and I am a current graduate student at Carleton University where I work as a teachers assistant. I have experience working with students of all ages and I have designed my own teaching units and worked with multiple curriculums. I place the needs of my students first and make sure to design lessons that will help them progress and learn.
M.A Sociology, specialization in Digital Humanities
Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario September 2017 – Present
• Current thesis is concerned with digital literacy and emerging trends in information and learning.
• Current GPA is 11.33
B.Ed. Secondary English
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec 2012 – April 15th, 2016
• Second Teachable; History and Citizenship
Diploma of College Studies; Liberal Arts Honors Program
Dawson College, Montreal, Quebec 2010 - 2012
• Graduated on honors list.
Teaching Assistant – Carleton University September 2017
• Responsibilities include grading assignments and communicating with students.
• Additional tasks included offering feedback to the instructor and communicating the course requirements
Teaching Contract – St. Lambert International High School
• Contract consisting of ELA, drama, and integrative project courses.
• Worked with international exchange students from China, Germany, and Brazil.
• Responsible for assessment of exams, production of report cards, and IB unit planning.
• Managed and directed the school’s senior production of Be My Baby by Amanda Whittington.
• Worked cooperatively with the staff and parents to ensure student success.
Replacement Contract - St. Lambert International High School
• Designed, implemented, and assessed assignments for two grade eleven ELA classes.
• Design a unit focused on student narratives, culminating in the production of student memoirs.
• Corrected the provincial ELA exam and produced report cards.
Substitute Teaching– Riverside School Board
• Experience subbing at the secondary and primary levels.
• In addition to specialization subjects, other courses include; physical education, French, and fine arts.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$25||Not available|
|5 hours||$20||$20||Not available|
|10 hours||$18||$18||Not available|