- Hourly rate $24
- Response Time 12h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson is free!
Profesor de francés diplomado de la universidad de Concordia y la universidad de Toronto para inmigrantes recién llegados a Montreal
- By webcam
One of our best tutors. They have a quality profile, experience in their field, verified qualifications and a great response time. Jose will be happy to arrange your first lesson
About the lesson
Mis métodos de enseñanza varían según mis alumnos, pero todos son dinámicos, atractivos y divertidos. Mi primera clase es identificar todos los defectos que un estudiante o un grupo pueda tener, y a partir de ahí aplico un método de enseñanza que integra los cuatro pilares de un idioma que son la audición, la escritura, la oralidad y la gramática.
- French speaking
- French listening
- All Levels
Soy estudiante de traducción de la Universidad de Concordia, contador de la Universidad libre de Colombia y profesor certificado de inglés de la Universidad de Toronto que ha enseñado inglés, portugués y español en Canadá, Colombia, China y Brasil, puedo enseñar desde niños pequeños hasta adultos aplicando diferentes métodos de enseñanza.
Perfect! Creates a comfortable/fun environment to learn in
- See the response Jose : Great!
Perfect! Jose is an excellent tutor. He is very receptive and patient and always encouraging that you can reach your goal. I highly enjoy my french classes with him.
- See the response Jose : Although we have so many complications to meet that day we finally managed to have our meeting class today.
Perfect! Patient and willing to go over things multiple times
- See the response Jose : We booked some sessions
Perfect! Jose is by far one of the best teachers I've had, period. He's fun to conversate with, an expert in the French language, and the method he goes about to teach you is perfect for my type of learning. He puts a high importance on immersersing you in the very beginning, and he's great at explaining what's being said and very VERY patient with mistakes. He checks to make sure you're pronunciations are correct and he is great at explaining in a very personal and helpful manner when you really don't understand something. I really look forward to my next classes with him because he's just an overall good dude and a really fun to learn from.
Highly, HIGHLY recommended. If I could give 6 stars, I would!
- See the response Jose : Adam is a great student, he seems to be very hardworking and curious about new languages. We had two classes already and I am looking forward the third one.
Perfect! Learning French with Jose is a great experience! He is super patient and keeps the lessons extremely entertaining.
- See the response Jose : Muy bien , Sofia decidió tomar un paquete de 5 horas y está gustando mucho de sus clases.
Perfect! Jose is extremely patient and encouraging with one’s pace. He's organized and follows a plan as he is teaching. I can not wait to see how my French journey unfolds with his help.
- See the response Jose : she says she will try the online lessons and see if she likes it.
Excellent! Jose, good, too early to comment.
- See the response Jose : She decided to go with a 10 hour package.
Perfect! Very good and friendly instruction. Very strong/helpful knowledge of language structure.
- See the response Jose : I didn't hear from him.
Perfect! Very patient and has a guided approach to teaching.
- See the response Jose : It went well Peter seems to be really committed yo learn French. We will have our first class Saturday. Hopefully, he will decide to take more classes after this lesson.
Perfect! My daughter felt comfortable and interested to peruse the lessons. Looking forward to the coming lessons.
- See the response Jose : Everything went pretty well, we got our first discussion about the classes and we're starting next week. The little girl seems to be an intelligent nice girl.
Perfect! He is very kind and understand the student’s need. My son is happy to learn with him.
- See the response Jose : Everything went well! We are going to start this week our classes , her son seems really a really good student. Looking forward to start.
Perfect! Very patient, pleasant, and understanding.
- See the response Jose : He is very patient and committed to learn french no matter what
Perfect! Classes with my son started today and he was happy the way it went. Mr.Jose tried to understand our requirement in the introduction class and he is working out a strategy to achieve our goal.
- See the response Jose : Prashanth and his son were really easy to talk to. He is looking forward to starting his classes as soon as possible so as me.
Perfect! He’s very easy going and clear. Also very knowledgeable regarding different cultures and languages
- See the response Jose : it went so good! we already started with our french classes. He seems to be really smart and determined to learn.
Perfect! I approached Jose to tutor my daughter who is 11. I must say that I appreciate the methodology he follows, to promply identify the weak area of students and work on it. Also, he is very gentle in teaching and knows his way around teaching kids ( I have seen many teachers who are good at teaching grownups, but can't find their way around kids). We hope to reserve more sessions with Jose , for my daughter to help her with French writing and Grammar. Best wishes Jose!
- See the response Jose : I think it went well! I hope they decide to start asap.
Looking forward to meeting them soon.
Perfect! He is a very kind and patient teacher that goes through all the activities step by step with you. I definitely recommend him as a teacher!
- See the response Jose : She seems really determined to improve her French
Perfect! Teaching techniques are good.
- See the response Jose : it went well!! He decided to take the classes.
Perfect! Jose is very friendly and easy to speak with. I recommend him!! Jose est très sympathique et il est facile de parler avec lui. Je le recommande !!
- See the response Jose : I missed our first trial lesson for technical issues but we were able to reschedule same day . Michele seems a nice motivated lady who is hungry for knowledge, I hope she gets what she wants and we will be able to speak french the way she wants. I will be more than happy to help her out .
Hope to see her soon
Perfect! Jose is very nice and friendly. He tries to speak slowly and to ask me questions to make sure that I understand.
- See the response Jose : Maneerat is a nice , friendly and smiling person who is really determined to improve her French .
I will be more than happy to help her out.
Perfect! Joes is really good teacher. He not just prepare different way to teach you, but also considering your attention, level, and interest. He make me more confident to use my French in daliy life. He did a lot of work, not just in the class. After class, he still help me with homework an so on. Thank you so much, Jose!
- See the response Jose : Alex is pretty smiling and kind. He seems a determined person who really wants to integrate to the Quebecer society. looking forward to see him once again and help them him out with his personal endeavors.
Perfect! Tiene mucha paciencia, una persona muy pacifico, puntual y educado
- See the response Jose : Jose was a really kind and engaged student. He wants to learn French so bad to integrate fast in Quebec, and he is going in the right track! Looking forward to continue teaching him French in order to achieve his personal goals.
Excellent! Very well
- See the response Jose : Nesrin seems to be a nice hardworking woman, and she is pretty committed to her family, I am looking forward to teach her French.
Perfect! Had my first French learning session with Jose today. His methodology is spot on. He mixes different ideas and techniques to keep the session interesting and also engages all aspects of the language - Speaking, Writing, Reading, Listening. The first hour flew by. Looking forward to the next session and further learning !
- See the response Jose : Vishal seems to be a focused professional person who know what he wants, he is well spoken and determined to learn French. His motivation is inspiring, looking forward to start teaching him French.
View more reviews
Jose is a great teacher. He was able to work around my busy schedule and was always punctual in our appointments. He focused on making sure I learned not only to express myself but also how the correct pronunciation of words and grammar!
José était mon professeur d’espagnol niveau 10 à L’école internationale de langues du YMCA Montréal. Il est un excellent professeur, parle très clairement et explique très bien les subtilités de la langue de Cervantes. Mais par dessus tout je l’ai apprécié pour son ouverture d’esprit, pour son franc parler et pour son respect envers tous et chacun. Il nous écoute attentivement et répond avec beaucoup d’empressement et de détails à toutes nos questions. A chaque classe il arrive avec de petits extras, comme des chanson, des blagues, des jeux de mots en espagnol, ce qui rend la classe tellement agréable que nous ne voyions pas le temps passé. Je recommande J’ose comme professeur, vous ne seriez pas déçus.
In Spring 2022 Jose was my profesor for a Spanish advanced class (small group of 4 students) for 21 hours. I was delighted with Jose's enthusiasm and professional attitude in teaching us. He was keen to have everyone participate and the class was most enjoyable. Specifically Jose helped me a lot with pronunciation. I recommend him highly and i could just imagine how wonderful a private class with him would be.
José Alejandro é um excelente professor de idiomas, gosto muito das aulas dele.
Melhorei minha escrita de espanhol e agora vamos começar com o francês.
Today was my first class with Jose and I loved it, he could immediately identify my weaknesses in the language and we set a goal, his classes are very pleasant and interactive.. looking forward to next class for me and my son
Jose is a good Teacher, i usually dont like attending language classes i find them boring, but with Jose it was fun. I like his method of teaching
My experience learning portuguese with Alejandro was great , he is very knowledgeable and organized. He knows how to evaluate your language skills and designs a great curriculum. I 100% recommend him for sure.
Learning Spanish with Alejandro was great and easy. He knows what he is doing. I will recommend him 100%.
Learning English with jose was a great experience, he is very enthusiastic and passionate about teaching languages.
I am glad to recommend Jose to anybody wanting to learn language! More than anything, I admire his passion and dedication towards his craft as well as his motivating personality. He is also very amiable, thoughtful and just an excellent tutor, putting his heart in whatever he does. You would want to be his student.
Jose m'a tellement aidé en améliorant mon espagnol et anglais. Lui, il maîtrise très bien ces langues et sa méthodologie et vraiment encourageante et amusante.
Jose has been of great help teaching me Spanish! He is a very passionate and patient guy, and will always keep me entertained with a great sense of humor. Highly recommended!!!
Jose has been very helpful for the many lessons for spanish we've had together. He takes the time to explain and makes sure I understand the material thoroughly. I highly recommend him
José is a great teacher. He explains really well, he is patient and he adapts well to his students. His Spanish is clear (no accent) and he is good for all levels. My Spanish was very basic.
Mi español ha mejorado mucho! :)
I would recommend him.
Skills and experience that has Jose shows the great hability as a ateacher. Also with his personality becames easier the lessons
Jose is highly trained in languages, I met him long time ago and he has help me a lot in my English studies , his skills in several idioms are very impressive, I only have positive things to say about Jose Cotes, he is very pacient at the moment of explaining grammary and he makes sure you have understood how to pronounce every verb and phrase, I recommend him a lot
Jose is a very friendly person who creates the perfect environment for you to learn and develop the skills and knowledge you need in languages, he has the advantage of knowing different cultures from the trips he has made and this allows him to be open-minded, I recommend Jose as an excellent tutor.
My English lessons with Jose where nothing but amazing!
It´s great since I learned so much in such a short period of time he was really flexible and could adapt his teaching according to my needs!
He is not only a great teacher but also such a lovely person. I had a great time and now I feel pretty confident of English after only 4 weeks!
All in all, best learning experience so far! Highly recommend!
I highly recommend Jose. He is a driven and organized teacher. His ability to connect with his students and his talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advance topics, are both truly superior. He is patient with great initiative a with a positive attitude! Thank you for helping me improve my English! :)
I personally know Jose one years ago. He's a great human being. He's very smart. He has a Lot of skills and knowledge teaching English to other people with patience.
Jose has traveled around the world wich has allowed him to develop many skills in the English lenguage.
Blessing for you...
His passion are the languages and teach them
Jose is an excellent teacher with greats teaching skills... He is innovative, enthusiastic, open to the student's questions and always with a motivated attitude! I recommend!
View more recommendations
- 5 h: $110
- 10 h: $200
- $ 24/h
no se reembolsará después de 24 horas, pago por adelantado de la clase, 50 % de reembolso del cargo por cancelación.
Find out more about Jose
When and why did you develop an interest in your chosen field?
I developed an interest in teaching once I came back from my backpacking trip in Asia in 2019. I always wanted to be a teacher, but my dad had a different opinion. Once I emancipated from my parents I decided to study the careers I always wanted which are teaching and translation.
What makes you passionate about your subject?
What makes me passionate about teaching languages is the capacity to witness your student's progress with your own eyes and makes you feel so proud of yourself.
What do you like about tutoring? What makes you a "Superprof"?
Interacting with people from different languages and cultures, and learning from my students as well.
Do you have any role models; a teacher that inspired you? Please explain.
The teacher who inspired me to follow this field was my Father; he was a social science tutor. He was so intelligent and he taught me a lot. He had a library in his bedroom and I remembered I spent hours seeing and learning more about his maps, his encyclopedias and other books.
What are your keys to success?
Be kind and patient, customized homework and class activities, best materials which are tailored to my student's needs and focus on my students' interests and goals.