Conversation based learning techniques with thematic units that are supported by reading and writing assignments. I won't take up our face to face time with silly exercises that waste time we will get the most of our time together with REAL teaching.
I owned an ESL school in Mexico for many years and have taught many professional adults by creating modules that were specific for their needs with great success! If you are a native Spanish speaker I can teach you even faster as we don't have to look up words as I am fluent in Spanish and can speed up your process to learn English.
Classes that are canceled with at least 2 hours notice can be made up at an agreed upon time but will not be refunded.
Experienced teacher & educational manager with a high level of competency and organizational excellence. Experienced teacher of all levels of English language training from beginners to advanced students. Experienced substitute teacher K – 12.
My classroom is a place where students feel safe, secure, challenged yet relaxed. The students know that have my support and expertise working on their behalf. I take a personal interest in truly knowing my students in order to provide them with as many individualized opportunities as possible in order for them to pursue their interests and goals within the context of a group learning situation. I have years of choosing well-written curriculum, writing and creating curriculum and designing many project-based learning experiences which power up the authenticity of students learning heightening interest and engagement.
August 2016 – June 2018
Teacher Grade 1
Alruwad International School
Alberta Certified Bilingual School
January 2015 – August 2016
Esperanza Educational Consulting
Calgary Board of Education – Substitute teacher K – 12
Christ the Redeemer – Substitute teacher K – 12
(Clearwater Academy Spanish sub – reference available)
August 2002 – June 2014
Owner/Manager and Teacher
Responsible for business development including overall customer satisfaction. Captured 50% of the market share with a new product that was quickly brought to market and in the first three years took the lead spot in the city and held that position and grew from there. Recruited, trained, and mentored by a large team of foreign teachers from Canada, U.S, and Europe. Marketed and developed the leading program in the city and trained the leaders of the internationally owned companies English and Leadership. Teacher for advanced levels of the program for the owners and managers of companies. (Letters of reference available in Spanish for many leading internationally owned companies)
Esperanza Educational Consulting
Educational Consultant, Teacher and Conference Speaker
1995 – 2002
• Responsible for supervision of approximately 200 K – 12 students that were home educating across the province of Alberta. Planned, prepared, and created curriculum appropriate activities and support materials for parents and students. Investigated and researched curriculums in order to match with Alberta curriculum expectations and also the best fit for students and families. Completed two yearly visits and kept accurate reports for each student as well as year-round support to families. Provided help throughout the year to parents regarding teaching tips, subject by subject resources, unit study support and assessment guidance for students who were struggling.
• Conference speaker for Educational conferences across Canada and the United States.
• PowerGlide representative - Provided workshops and training to potential clients and sold a language learning program, sole Canadian representative.
• ESL Program development including home-stay coordinator, program development, orientations, student placement, student recruiting, tours, teacher hiring and training for TESOL certification, teacher and lead teacher for summer camps
• Created and taught intensive Spanish program to College students and private groups
• Canadian/Alaska representative for international language program – TOP SALES 5 years. Worked as a liaison between schools and parents
• Substitute teacher from K – 12 various subjects for Elk Island Public and Catholic Schools
Education & Certifications
Alberta permanent professional certificate # 236368Z
Child Development Supervisor - Child Care Staff Qualification Certificate #820363
University of Alberta 1992 – 1997 Bachelor of Education, Adult & Intercultural Specialization including Linguistics, Cultural Anthropology and Latin America studies and Spanish.
Color Spectrums Certified Facilitator
Basic and Conflict Resolution and Negotiation November 2012
World Congress for Families Representative March 2004
Parent Effectiveness Trainer Sept 1994
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$115|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$230|