My teaching techniques vary depending on the student's age, level and style of learning. So in some cases there would be more oral work and in others more visual and yet others a combination. I facilitate critical thinking and analysis on the student's part and ALWAYS bring a high level of creativity and fun activities into each session, again depending on the particular student's personality and preferences.
I am a qualified professional English Teacher with over 20 years experience. Hold Bachelors Degree in Mass Communications, over 5 yeas in this field, public relations and marketing and am a professional published author but I have experience in all genres of writing including for film, radio and television. I am also a public speaker/motivational/inspirational and spiritual.
NAME: Debbie Ashmeed-Ali
DATE OF BIRTH: 05 / 12 / 1975
EDUCATION: Grant Memorial Presbyterian Primary School
San Fernando Government Secondary School
Maths I English B II
English A I Typing II
History I P.O.A. III
P.O.B. I Biology B+
A’ Levels @ same institution
Corinth Teachers’ Training College
Principles and Practice of Education (Distinction)
Practical Teaching (Distinction)
English Literature (Distinction)
English Language (Distinction) Drama (Distinction)
Counselling Grade A
University of Washington
BA in Mass Communications B +
WORK EXPERIENCE AS A TEACHER:
1. Teacher for 10 years. I was employed at a Professional and certified teacher at the elementary level for ten years before resigning due to domestic issues. As a qualified teacher I interfaced with a class of thirty every day, worked with a school staff every day and interfaced with parents on a regular basis. All of this whilst delivering a packed curriculum of academics, sporting activities and extracurricular events. Often I would organize and coordinate environmental projects as well as school fund raising projects. In addition I took pride and still do in instilling the proper morals, values and spiritual virtues that is much needed in today’s society. It was this personal touch that served to inspire my students and thus became the school counselor in several of the institutions with which I worked. I served as a mentor to my pupils both during and after school hours and taught English Language, English Literature and History to many high school children who required extra attention. This was several years after I resigned my official position as an elementary school teacher. This was a natural progression for me as my qualifications and work experience equipped me with the knowledge and patience along with my naturally nurturing personality to be a competent and effective teacher at any level. My main stay is and will continue to be teaching despite my extensive work experience and qualifications in several other related fields.
2. Radio Broadcasting / Production of my own radio program. This included the sourcing of advertisers and funding for the said program. The writing, editing and production of the said program. The hosting of this half hour radio program with other guests being interviewed. Interfacing with the public on the phone on a national level. This was also done with many television interviews I conduction on air.
3. Chaguaramas Military History and Aerospace Museum Magazine. My duties at this organization included:
Initiating and managing the magazine itself.
Sourcing of funding and advertising to support the publication of this quarterly magazine.
Interfacing with financial supporters of same as well as advertising clients.
Hosting and coordinating functions in support of same including the official launch of same.
Generating public interest and promotion of same using electronic, print and radio media.
Writing, editing and proofing the material before publication.
Managing the finances of produced by the magazine as well as payment of wages.
Managing records of all financial transactions with regard to same.
Managing and working with a production team for the magazine, including the Curator of the Museum and other well-known public figures.
4. Editor of Caribbean Connections. This quarterly magazine was circulated throughout the region and North America. I functioned as a main writer as well as Chief Editor for same for 1 year. My tasks involved in-depth research and writing
5. A published author of ‘Bare Feet’ which was launched in April of 2010.
Extensive research was conducted into obtaining the contents of the said book. I was solely responsible for the writing, re-writing, editing, proofing, designed and publication of the aforementioned book. The marketing and distribution of same was handled solely by me and is ongoing.
6. Preparing and delivering seminars on Personal Safety for presentation at Point Lisas Industries e.g. Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited, private institutions, companies, functions and religious bodies. Engaging mass meetings with interactive sessions on safety and crime. This was also conducted at the Port of Spain Chamber of Commerce.
7. Petrotrin’s Corporate Communications Office. My duties at the office included:
Interfacing with persons from the public desirous of receiving assistance.
Maintaining electronic communication with clients and management.
Conducting extensive research in various projects for management and then producing reports and documents reflecting same for management.
Ensuring that same is completed on tight deadlines.
Initiating and spearheading an internet news bulletin for all Petrotrin employees on their website.
Conducting interviews on film on a weekly basis for production as an internet program.
Producing segments for the Petrotrin website.
Scripting of segments for the Petrotrin website.
Conducting small educational segments within the Corporate Communications body in script writing and production.
Working with teams in the production of same.
Conducting site visits and interviews on the plants themselves which required the observation of Health and Safety practices.
Interviewing top management officials at Petrotrin as well as other employees.
Writing articles and initiating new segments for the Petrotrin magazine.
Obtaining training on Health and Safety as well as First Aid.
8. Communications Officer for Congress of the People in 2007 General Elections. My duties included:
Assistance in the overall running of the unit for the General Elections.
Producing film segments for projections as a part of ad campaigns.
Transcribing radio interviews and programs into text for posting on the internet.
Making additions to the website.
Writing and distributing written material for internal distribution.
Field work which involved interviewing persons in the public on their complaints and appraisals.
Field work which involved interviewing officials of the said party and other political parties on their projects.
Extensive research into various specific projects with a view to producing daily articles and reports for the newspaper, television and radio.
Maintaining all contacts within the news, radio and television media.
Interfacing with the media on a daily basis for reports, articles and updates.
Turning over articles, stories, features and press releases on a daily basis with extremely tight timelines.
Ensuring that stories are published.
Conducting phone interviews.
Interfacing with all members of the public and political party for functions and meetings.
Coordinating political meetings and sub-meetings at the head office as well as in public locations
Working with a team to ensure the success of all ventures.
Writing of speeches for political leaders, figures and other officials as well as delivering personal speeches.
9. Communications Director at Super Industrial Services Limited. My duties at this company included:
Organizing a Corporate Communications department which would handle dealings with the public and internal communication needs.
Coordinate all correspondence with the public, clients, employees and other interests.
Design and write advertisements for internal and public purposes.
Maintain records of all work done, activities and expenditures.
Interface with the media using personal contacts for the purpose of public relations and promotion of the company and its activities.
Writing of speeches, programs and reports.
Research into specific projects with the view to generating data, speeches and reports.
Interfacing with all employees of all departments while attending to their needs.
10. Other competencies include:
Lecturing at Private Production Companies on script and screenplay writing as well as Principles of Production.
Writing of a half hour thriller entitled ‘The Wrath’ which was produced locally and premiered at Movie Towne. The said screenplay is being used as study material at U.W.I.
Assisted in successful television productions and advertisements.
Wrote and edited several screenplays for television and as feature film.
Wrote a full length novel entitled ‘The Sun God’ and was approached for publication.
Published a novel entitled “Bare Feet” in 2010.
Extensive experience in dealing with the public and the media.
Extensive research experience in all areas including press, electronic and other.
Ample experience interfacing with dignitaries and persons holding high public office.
Excellent computer skills.
Creative, a self-starter, team player and strong independent worker.
Punctual and regular in attendance.
Always willing to go the extra mile.
Heavily involved in the development of young people, women, sports, communities and the environment.
Mr. Winston Dookeran
Mr. Stephen Cadiz and others
Reading, Writing, Movies, Music and soccer
Mrs. Debbie Ali
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||$90||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||$175||Not available||$200|