My teaching methods are student-centered and focuses on your learning needs and interests. What makes me different from the rest of the tutors is my positive and caring personality, but also the effort and time I put into when planning lessons or tutoring since it is customized to what students want to focus on.
I currently teach Academic English & ESL at a College and I have been giving private ESL lessons since 2015.
I have a Master's degree in Education and a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education. Not only is my specialization in Education, I have my TESOL certification as well, which I completed at the University of Toronto.
Rate vary depending on the tutoring service needed.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend a lesson, only 1 lesson can be rescheduled within a week. If a class/lesson cancellation exceeds 1 lesson, there will be no refunds or rescheduling.
EAP Instructor November 2017 – Present
• Teaches and plans for both the Integrated Core Skills and Communication courses which focuses on students’ academic skills for reading, writing, listening and speaking with the use of PPT and other technological tools
• Uses the Learning Management System (LMS) to evaluate and assess students’ assignments by using rubrics that follow the grading system the College has in place
• Works collaboratively with the Lead Teacher by communicating with her and providing feedback on adaptations or adjustments needed for course materials or assignments
• Assesses candidates by using standardized rubrics and materials provided by the test center
• Administers and scores full speaking test to candidates and evaluates them according to English proficiency standards
• Trained to evaluate candidates for the speaking test using standard procedures
IELTS Instructor April 2016 – April 2017
Academic Center of International Learning (ACIL), Phnom Penh
• Developed and implemented task-based English lessons to utilize and practice all four skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing), using IELTS course book as a guide
• Consistently provided individualized feedback and consultation for each student on specific skills he/she needs further improvement on for IELTS
• Created and established an engaging and comfortable environment for students to practice their English skills relevant to IELTS
ESL Instructor – College/University Preparation June 2013 – March 2016
• Facilitated and adapted Academic English lessons to provide international students the skills needed to succeed in a post-secondary institute
• Taught TOEFL and IELTS skills to prepare students for the leveling test administered at the end of each month
• Assessed and evaluated students on their research essays and citations, presentations, vocabulary quizzes and participation in class
Guest English Teacher, Grades 3 - 6 April 2012 – April 2013
• Designed and modified task-based English lessons for students to focus on speaking skills, by practicing common expressions and listening to audio files
• Lead English classes and worked collaboratively with Korean English teachers to discuss and plan lessons for intended objectives
• Created fun and engaging activities for Summer and Winter Camps for students to practice their English skills using relatable themes such as Family, School and Animals
EQAO Marker, Literacy Test April 2012
• Trained by EQAO on how to use the rubric to accurately score literacy test according to the descriptors provided
• Assessed and scored literacy test by using the rubric as a tool and inputted the scores into the PDAs to be recorded and uploaded into the system
• Consulted with training leader to ensure the accuracy of scores for literacy and ensured that they were assessed fairly and with no bias
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||$200||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||$450||Not available||$400|