My teaching methods are focused on the appreciation of literature, music, and the cultures of Latin America. In my classes my students learn to express their personal feelings and acquire an extended vocabulary to engage in a coherent conversation. Students between the ages of 11 and 60 are welcome in my classes, and my students have the confidence that with my methods they are learning, practicing, and improving their language skills.
I am a published novelist from Mexico living in Canada. I have published two novels and several short stories and urban chronicles in magazines in the US and Mexico. I have an Associate's Degree majored in Liberal Arts: Latin American Studies. I have also taken courses focused on Spanish Literature, Latin American history and arts, and Creative Writing. I have experience organizing cultural events, and I am a cultural activist. I am currently working on the translation of one of my novels into English, and fisnishing my fourth novel.
Cancellation of a class must be notified 24 hours before the class for a 30 minute make up class.
Cancellation of a class by the tutor will be fully recovered.
Cancellation of a class not notified within the 24 hour period will not be recovered.
B.A. City University of New York, Hunter College. Concentration: Spanish and Latin American Literature.
A.A. City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College. Concentration: Latin American Studies. Diploma 2013
Manhattan Comprehensive High School. Diploma 2000
• SPEAKYA – Canada/ USA • Tutor (2018 – Present)
• Institute Cumbres-Rosedal – Mexico City • ESL Teacher (2019 – 2020)
• Yeshiva Keter Tora – Mexico City • ESL Teacher (2015 – 2019)
• UTECA. Instructor CPE – Mexico City • CPE Tutor (2018 – 2019)
• NSMH - Mexico City • ESL Teacher (2016 – 2018)
• Institute Jesus de Urquiaga – Mexico City •ESL Teacher (2017 – 2018)
• Institute Pasteur – Mexico City •ESL Teacher (2016 – 2017)
• Alliant University – Mexico City • ESL Teacher (2015 – 2017)
• CALE. English Teacher – Mexico • ESL Teacher (2015 – 2016)
• Institute Tepeyac of NY – New York City • ESL/Writing Tutor(2009 – 2015)
• Somosvoz Periódico Urbano – New York City • Founder/ Writer (2008 – 2015)
• English Language Learning Teaching
• Business English
• English As a Second Language
• Creative Writing (Spanish)
• Online Tutoring/ Teaching
• Spanish As a Foreign Language
Printed and Digital Publications
• ViceVersa Magazine. Cronicas Urbanas. (Present)
• El hombre de tinta negra. Novel. Porrúa (2016)
• El árbol en mi pecho. Novel. Editorial MAPorrúa (2014)
• El árbol en mi pecho. Novel (1st Edition). Voces de Hoy (2011)
•English: writing, reading, speaking • Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word/PowerPoint • Final-Draft9 • ELT •Business English • ESL • Public Speaking • Creative Writing • Lesson Planning • Multitasking • Group Supervision • Spanish Fluency • Exam Elaboration • Continuous Evaluation • Document translation • Literary Translation
• TKT Module 1 (Band 3) 2016
• TKT Module 2 (Band 3) 2017
• Teaching Strategies for Learning Groups. 2016
• TOEFL 2015
Perfect! Abraham is always well prepared for our classes and is extremely able to cater and accommodate to exactly where you are on your learning journey. Although all of the classes have been done through Zoom, he has been able to make them extremely interactive.
Abraham was my english teacher in Mexico City. His clases are very interesting and with a lot of sense of humor. Besides His a writer. I have read His two books wiche are very interesting.
I do highly recomend him because His a big pationer on the matter of teaching. He loves His profession.
I have known Abraham for 5 years. During 3 years we worked together at the same school, where I was the class coordinator and Abraham taught English in grades 7 to 12. During that time he always showed a high sense of responsibility, as was clearly seen by his practically impeccable attendance and punctuality records through all this time. He always prepared his classes and materials and delivered all pertinent school documents on time. Abraham is a person who loves to teach and puts a lot of passion and enthusiasm in everything he does. I would strongly recommend him for this job or any other one which he wishes to pursue.
I've known Abraham for about four years. We were working together for a community college and he was always committed to work, proactive and very aware of the students performance. I remember we shared everyday experiences to get feedback from each other.
Abraham is an enthusiastic and passionate teacher who loves to see his students succeed. He is committed to ensuring that his students progress in both their written and verbal communications. As a fellow teacher, I recommended him to one of my colleagues and he has excelled as a teacher working with their China-based company. Abraham is a confident and capable teacher; I highly recommend him as an ESL teacher.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$28||$18|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$180|