I believe that every student has the potential to succeed and with some one on one tutoring, students are better able to understand the subjects and curriculum being taught. I sincerely try to develop a rapport with my students so that they feel comfortable working with me.
If you are looking for a tutor that helps you understand math and science concepts, I am the one. Recently, a retired teacher with 34 years experience and over 10 years of tutoring high school students in all areas. I enjoy working one on one with students and explaining ideas so that you understand and remember concepts. I will help build your confidence and prepare you for finals.
ELIZABETH R. SWENSON
o Extensive experience teaching for 34 years (1985 to 2017) from Kindergarten to Grade 6
o Knowledge in curriculum development and implementation
o Passionate in the Fine Arts Program, Visual Art and Drama Specialist for 12 years in the Fine Arts Program at White Rock Elementary
o Widespread experience working with individuals of various ages, cultural, economic, and social backgrounds
o Taught at a variety of schools in Surrey
o “Fun with Composers” Musical Educator
o Surrey Elementary Athletic Association, President, Vice President, Volleyball and Ultimate Convenor, Special Events Coordinator
o School Associate for Simon Fraser University
Elementary School Teacher with Surrey School District #36
- Manage, oversee and plan day to day programing needs for students
- Developing lessons and unit plans according to new curriculum
- Teaching, implementing and assessing curriculum lessons
- Organize school wide Visual Art Shows
- Member of the Elementary Dance Festival Team
- Mentoring teachers in the; Fine Arts, Physical Education and Career and Health Education Post Baccalaureate Programs for Simon Fraser University
- Drama and Movement Faculty Instructor for Simon Fraser University in the Post Baccalaureate Programs
- Mentoring teachers in the Surrey School District Mentoring Program
- Math, Drama, Visual Arts, Physical Education Workshop Presenter at Professional Development Workshops in Surrey, Langley and Richmond.
- Coached numerous teams in Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Ultimate and Track and Field
- High School Math, Science and English tutor, Grade 8 to 10
Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Education Simon Fraser University 1998-2000
Fine Arts Stream
Pre-Masters Degree University of Manitoba 1987-1988
Patterns of Study – Counseling
Bachelor of Education Degree University of Winnipeg and Manitoba
British Columbia Certification #: L121048
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT for the last 12 years
September 2005 to December 2017
White Rock Elementary, Grade 3 Fine Arts Teacher in the Intensive Fine Arts Program, Visual Art Teacher for Grade 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Drama teacher for Grade 2,3,4. Coached, Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Field.Organized school wide events; Terry Fox Run, Jump Rope for Heart, Zumba, Monthly School Wide Runs, Healthy Buddies. Professional Development team.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||$40||Not available|