In my classes you learn the FUN-damentals of ROLLER SKATING:
Fall down - Get up & Safety
March and Coast
• Basic Beginner:
Steer quarter circles
• Intermediate Beginner:
Steer half circles
Two beat steps
• Advance Beginner:
Shoot the duck
Three beat steps
WHAT YOU LEARN IN MY ROLLER DANCING CLASSES
---> Jam Skating ----> It's a Vibe!
Heels & Toes Tapping
Step & Split
One of our best! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and responds during the day. MARI will plan your first lesson with care.
• Skating since 1988! Started as a figure skater in Italy and now passionate about street skating and roller dance in New York City.
• Skate Love Barcelona: Managing Funding & Sponsorship for the annual roller skate festival in Spain
• Skating is magic so contact me if you are a beginner and want to rock - bounce - roll- skate!
- 5 lessons of 1 hour/each $250
- 10 lessons of 1 hour/each $480
LIC ---> 41-15 Skillman Ave, Long Island City, NY 11104
Woodside ---> 52nd street and 39 Drive, Woodside, NY 11377
Virtual classes ---> Zoom or FaceTime
24h ---> cancellation policy
Class packages ---> To be used within 2 months of the date of purchase
WORKSHOP: Roller Skate Gear Maintenance $35
- Gear Anatomy: Learn the 5 parts of your roller skate that you should know to ensure that your skates are operating properly.
- Types of wheels: Learn how to select a roller skate wheel, what wheel to skate on for different surfaces, and how the right wheel can aid in performance.
- How to adjust new roller skates before putting them on
- How to change: Wheels, bearings, toe stops, and cushions
- Maintenance: Understand wheels, bearings, cushions, plates: how they can enhance both your comfort level and performance.
- Cleaning: How to clean bearings and wheels
- Tools: Allen Wrench, Bearing press and puller, Y3, Y4
- What to bring with you in your skate bag
• Teaching in-person and virtual classes: Vinyasa, Restorative, Chair Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda, Roller Skating & Roller Dancing
• Certified Yoga Teacher 200-RYT. Yoga Alliance Member ID# 338693.
• Practicing: Roller Skate since 1988 and Yoga since 2007
• Interests: Wellness, Philosophy, Meditation, Ayurveda, Crystals & Metaphysics, Hoop Flow Dance, Jam Skating.
• Private and group classes. In-person and virtual. Adults and Kids.
• Roller Skating & Roller Dancing: Proficient in teaching techniques for beginner & intermediate levels.
• Hula Hoop & Hoop Dance: Group classes. Tricks, Transitions, and Technique. Flow Sessions.
• Workshops: Roller Skate Gear Maintenance. How to make your own Hula Hoop.
PROJECTS & OTHER ACTIVITIES
• 2020 - present Skate Love Barcelona: Fundraising & Partnerships Director, Barcelona Spain
• 2020 - present: Member of NYC Hoop Troupe
• 2020 The Get Down NYC: Consent Culture Crew
• 2019 Circus Fabulae: Interactive Art Installation, Black Rock City, Nevada
• 2021 Certified Ayurveda Specialist
• 2020 Certified Chair Yoga Teacher
• 2020 Certified Yoga Teacher RYT-200, Yoga & Ayurveda Center
• First Aid / CPR / AED: Adult, Child and Baby Red Cross CPR Certification
• 2011 Studied Meditation @The School of Practical Philosophy, NY
• Bilingual English, Italian, French.
Perfect! I’ve searched high and low for a Rollerskating instructor and I’m so very happy I found Mari. She is wonderful teacher! Very knowledgeable and very patient. I’m looking forward to building my skills with her.
Perfect! Mari is a superb rollerskating instructor! She is very skilled, patient, and great at guiding you through bespoke lessons to help you achieve your skating goals. Learning how to skate with Mari brings even more joy to skating!
Perfect! Mari was really great. She helped me with certain things I am trying to work on and she gave me other suggestions to practice. Right away it helped a lot with things I was struggling with. I definitely want to continue the virtual lessons and have some in person lessons as well. Very pleased with my lesson with Mari :-)
Great connection - even if the class was virtual over zoom - we covered so much! I am glad the drills I suggest helped you nailing down backward crossover and pivoting.
Perfect! Started out as an absolute beginner and I'm so happy I chose Mari! She has very kind and encouraging energy to make me feel more confident in my skates.
Great teaching you how to roll :-) and happy you decided to start this new practice!
Perfect! So sweet and talented! An amazing instructor, I learned so much in one hour!
Always a pleasure having students like Elisha and Arielle. They are committed to learning while having fun. The best attitude!
Perfect! Mari was very patient and encouraging! I could hear her well, she showed me how to do things as many times as I needed, and watched as I practiced over and over, giving me great feedback. I look forward to my next lesson with her!
Great virtual class! I enjoy your enthusiasm and motivation in taking your skills to the next level.
Perfect! Mari is an excellent instructor. She helped me feel more confident in my skates and within the first fifteen minutes of our first lesson I had already learned a few techniques. I had so much fun and can't wait for our next lesson!
Great teaching you how to go downhill on inline skates and different breaking techniques. I am glad I had the opportunity to add a little rolling dance move at the end of the lesson. That was fun!
Perfect! Super kind person,and really good teacher.I absolutally enjoyed the lessons.And we are continuing...:)
A pleasure teaching you how to skate. Hope you had fun rolling!
Perfect! Mari is an excellent teacher! She's very patient and friendly to beginners and has a really good rink for skating, where there are few people to worry about running over! 10/10 recommended!!!
Great introducing you to roller skating! I'm glad you had fun.
Perfect! Mari is a phenomenal teacher! I haven’t gone roller skating since I was a kid and I was never very good at it but I’m absolutely amazed by how quickly I’m learning. She studies your movements and coaches you on how to improve your technique. I was able to learn the crossover turn and other tricks because Mari is very patient and encouraging.
I am happy you enjoyed the lessons!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest figure skating lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$62||Not available||$62|
|5 hours||$312||Not available||$312|
|10 hours||$600||Not available||$625|