My teaching methods are to break down complex ideas into simple blocks. Coding is all about working with the simplest blocks of information, which we all understand like a number or a message, and doing it simply and efficiently. In a typical class, we'll go through a series of short readings followed by coding problems. This can be in any coding language you want to learn. I can also help with your homework/assignments. I'm open to teaching anyone 13 and older.
I'm a recent graduate in Software Engineering from Western University.
In the past year, I've been working with RBC on my Senior Capstone Project to create a community simulator by combining RBC's daily transactions with Canada's demographic and business profile data.
I also have experience teaching at Digital Media Academy at their University of Toronto campus in a variety of courses:
• Intro to Java
• VR & AR App Design
• Machine Learning
My rate will be cheaper for group lessons and vary by student's experience as well.
Bachelor of Engineering Science, Software Engineering - Western University
Sept 2017 - Apr 2021
Royal Bank of Canada
Software Engineer (Senior Capstone Project)
Sept 2020 - Apr 2021
• Developed the back-end of a web app with Flask that simulates community characteristics in Canada and predicts total merchant transactions for the next 20 years
• Used Spark in a Linux virtual machine to query and preprocess over 1.5TB of daily banking transactions with Python and SQL
• Modelled the total transactions of dissemination areas (DAs) in Canada with a Decision Tree Regressor using demographic data, business profiles, and RBC’s clients’ transactions
• Grouped DAs with Agglomerative Clustering using demographic data and merchant transactions to predict monthly transaction volumes for merchants
• Collaborated in a team of 4 with Git as a version control system
Digital Media Academy
July 2019 - Aug 2019
• Taught over 60 youths in a variety of introductory courses: Intro to Java, VR & AR App Design, and Machine Learning, by breaking down complex ideas into simpler and straightforward steps
• Communicate with hundreds of parents weekly regarding their child’s accomplishments
Mentor, Women in Technology Society
Sept 2020 - Mar 2021
• Mentored a team of 5 undergrads through the full process of launching a successful web app
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest java lessons to help you.
Taking web development lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|