My teaching methodology is communicative. I create activities in order to use the language in realistic situations. The grammar and the vocabulary is only a tool. I don't focused only on these aspects. It is more relevant to practice and use the language.
Hola I'm from Morelia, Mexico, I have been teaching Spanish as a second language in Canada since 1995. I'm a certified DELE examiner for levels A1 to B2. I love to motivate my students to use and love the language. I have prepared students for AP and SAT Tests as well.
OBJECTIVE: Spanish Teacher
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Official DELE examiner for level A1, A2, B1 and B2 in May 2018 at the University of Victoria.
• Certified as DELE examiner for level A1, A2, B1 and B2 by Cervantes Institute
• Over 30 years experience teaching in different settings such as group, one on one, while traveling, online, and immerse in a Spanish country.
• 22 years of experience teaching Spanish as an additional language in Canada.
• 5 years of experience teaching Spanish online.
• BA in Education with emphasis in Educational Psychology.
• Extensive experience designing Spanish Language Programs for corporations,
Not for profit organizations and schools.
• Skilled at working in multicultural environments and dealing with stressed students and parents.
• Knowledgeable in assessing new students needs in order to design an individualized Spanish Program.
• Proficient in teaching up to 35 students in one classroom in different levels at the same time.
• Founder and owner of Spanish Teaching Services Since 1997, now Hola Easy Spanish.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Actively interested in keeping up to date in teaching methodology and techniques.
RELATED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Designing, planning and supervising skills
• Preparing lesson plans for different programs adapted to the needs of the student and the size of the class.
• Organizing and planning individual and group classes.
• Coordinating, assisting and supervising a team of teachers in using different teaching techniques.
• Preparing students for the Spanish Challenging Exam, AP Spanish, SAT and DELE.
• Successfully created a Communicative Spanish Program for Spanish Teaching Services.
• Highly interested in leaning and applying new language teaching techniques
• Able to accommodate facilitation techniques depending on the specific needs of groups and individuals.
• Excels at creating specific language exercises.
• Skilled at being creative, patient, energetic, and organized.
• Skilled to sense the student’s individual needs.
• Ability to convey confidence and respect for each student, respecting their individuality.
Business Administration Skills
• Strong computer skills, experienced using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, preparing electronic invoices, reports, letters, financial statements, etc.
• Meeting with clients, handling business and administration details
• Experienced with marketing campaigns for general and specific services such as leaning Spanish in Mexico, online classes, offering course content to specific professions (legal, medical, mining, tourism, etc.)
Founder and Owner
Hola Easy Spanish previously known as Spanish Teaching Services,
Vancouver, BC, 1997
Spanish Tutor 2014 - present
The Arbutus Club, Vancouver BC, 2010 - 2011
On Call Spanish instructor
Saint Patrick Secondary School, Vancouver BC, 2009 - 2010
Summer Course Spanish instructor
Stratford Hall Elementary School, Vancouver, BC, 2002
Spanish Teacher Coordinator
Vancouver Spanish Language Society, Vancouver BC, 1995 - 1997
NEW GOLD (Mining industry), Spanish Teacher, Vancouver, BC and online services, 2010 – present
OCEAN TRAILER (Transportation), Spanish teacher, Vancouver, BC, 2015
BORDEN LADNER GERVAIS
BLG 2005 - 2013
Private Spanish Instructor for one of Mexico NAFTA Lawyers
Spanish Group teacher 2012 - 2014
Spanish Group teacher 2012 - 2013
Private Spanish teacher for one of the owner 2001 - 2010
Specific Spanish Program for Beginner and Intermediate level 2008
Spanish Program for Beginner and intermediate level 2008
Special Spanish Program for managers 2005
RELATED EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
The Cervantes Institute Spain, 2016
DELE Examiner for B1 and B2 Level
The Cervantes Institute Spain, 2015
DELE Examiner for A1 and A2 Level
Children Development Specialist
University Vasco de Quiroga Morelia, Mexico, 1990
Higher Teachers Training College Jose Maria Morelos, Morelia, Mexico,
1985 – 1989
Bachelor in Education
The Federal Urban Teachers Training School, J. Jesus Romero Flores, Morelia, Mexico 1981 – 1985
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$290||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$575||$300|