My teaching methods are designed around a set of subjects that act as a building block to the overall understanding and activities that allow the student to work at their own pace there is a Q/A for each part of the course that tests the students understanding and skill in the subject also there are qualification scores that need to be completed before the next part of the subject can be obtained, in this way the student obtains a continuous understanding of subject matter.
I am an IT specialist who was working with IBM, CIBC and a number of other Solution Providers. I have instructed classes in Web design, Server and computer installations updating and adding security and applications on Windows and Linux
TECHNICAL SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
MCSE 2000 & 2003 Certified
MS Windows Servers 2000/2003/2008
Active Directory (ADS 2000/2003/2008)
Unix, Solaris Administrator
BEA WebLogic Administration
Novell Analyst Specialist
Altiris IT Management Suite
Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer
Symantec Ghost Imaging
Group policy creation on Win2000, 2003 2008
Protocols TCP/IP, NIS, LDAP, NFS
SQL , Sybase and Oracle Administration
HEAT REMEDY CMR Administration
Network Switch and Router Configuration
Solaris10 and Unix Administration
Sun Solaris, IBM Blade Servers
CCA and CCEA Citrix Certified
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Implementation
VMWARE and ESX server configuration
Citrix VPN Administration
Novell OES2 and SUSE Linux 10
Veritas Volume Manager
NetBackup Administration & Clustering
Shell Scripting, & MQ messaging
Network Root Cause Analysis
Citrix Access Gateway
Citrix Application Gateway
Citrix Password Manager
Network Security Monitoring
CRM ticketing system
VMware vSphere,Microsoft Hyper‐V,Citrix XenServer
2010 Diploma Web Technologist Specialist GPA 3.7 (Honors)
Everest College, Younge & Eglinton Campus, Toronto, Ontario
2005 Diploma, Applied Information Technology, MCSE GPA 3.5
ComTech Insituate of Information Technology, Mississauga , Ontario
1998, Degree , Computer Information Systems GPA 3.8
DeVry Insituate of Technology, North Yor,k Toronto, Canada
1985, Bachelor of Science, Applied Computer Studies GPA 3.5
Belfast University of Technology ,Belfast, Northern Ireland
Applications/Frameworks: Databases/Servers: Tools/Misc:
• Java • DB2/DAS/SAN/NAS storage • Altiris Management Console
• ITIL best practice framework • BEA Weblogic • RDP, Dameware
• Microsoft .NET Framework • ESX VMware • 2008 Server Specialist
• Clarion • Oracle DMBS • WLST Scriptings
• Struts • Solaris10, UNIX • Citrix VPN /SSL
• Cognos • Server2003/2008 • Novel Network Utilities
• XML/XSL • Windows Visa,XP,2000,98 • SQL Query Language
• Filenet Content Manager • Citrix Presentation Server • SAP Portals/Netweaver
• Novell OES2/ SUSE Linux 10 • Sybase • Veritas Netbackup
• SQL • Non Stop Unix Administration • Active Directory Specialist
IBM , Markham, Ontario Contract Date June 2013 - At Present
Position Tivoli Financial Monitoring Specialist
Specializing in the analyses of ITM6 specific events and alerts generated by Envision, and Global Notication Manager for IBM ESXi, HP, AIX, Windows and SUN servers regarding different IBM clients.
Creating customer monitoring reports using Tivoli Common Reporting, SQL/Data base( Sybase or Oracle or MS SQL server), Unix , Application Support (trade floor) for Bank of Nova Scotia . Involved in the Tivoli On Demand, IBM Steady State, On Call rotation for many different IBM clients on a monthly basis. Administrating and creating LDS filtering, for Trade Floor Support application support for Prime Brokerage Business for CIBC, TD and BNS
etting up situations using Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server, adding new LDAP users and groups with Netcool/OMNibus, also adding customized alerting via Blue Care for OS, SQL, ITCAM, and Sharepoint agents.
Maintenance and upgrading Tivoli Monitoring Environmental Architecture for IBM client`s using such products as ITM RTEMS, ITM Hub, Omnibus, TIPS, Netcool/ObjectServer and Tivoli Netcool/Webtop, ITM, ITCAM.
Providing client support working with administrators to deploy ITM, SQL, BlueCare and ITCAM agents understanding and working with different protocols such as SNMP v2c and v3, UPD, and TCP and how they are deployed within different environments.
Working with EIF probes, including Ping Probe setup and administration. Creation of actionable reports to allow for quick managerial decisions using TCR. Creating an auto script and using the Blue Care agent to change thresholds including minimum and maximum alert notifications including ticketing and paging on Unix, Windows, and SQL servers
H& H Solutions, Georgetown, Ontario Date July 2012 - At Present
Position Senior Systems Financial Administrator Specialist
Performing consulting work , regarding the Systems Development Life Cycle, testing and developing methodologies, including database administration for different Financial businesses. Trading Floor experience for CIBC, Merrill Lynch and Bank of Nova Scotia. I have completed the following projects Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity. Manage backup, security and user help systems. Advanced skill-sets as it relates to Anti-virus products, Enterprise Systems Management, Storage Area Networks, Active Directory, Network and Enterprise backup and systems monitoring and Event Management, Windows 2008 Clustering,. Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures. Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements concerning the following. Unix, Windows, and SQL servers ,Windows Server 2008 Support , Messaging Experience (Exchange, Active Directory, BES, Vsphere version 4 or 5. Citrix (XenApp and XenDesktop, VMware and HyperV
Stay abreast of advances in technology Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems. Provide users with technical support for computer problems. Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
H& H Solutions, contracted to City of Toronto Water, Toronto Date Nov 2011 - July 2012 Present
Position Server Support /Deployment / Acronis Sytem Recovery Specialist
• Deployment and decommissioning of older HP Servers , using Acronis, TSM, and Ultrabac utilities. Developed and completion of Bare Metal Recovery of existing older HP servers and transferring updated images to newer Dell Power Edge R710 and R510 servers. This involved updating, configuring and administration of physical and virtualization technologies such as VMWare, XenServer. Windows server 2008 deployment ,upgrades, Strong working knowledge of network security and ability to find solutions and create policies for security challenges.
• Implementation and documentation, i networking concepts, including LAN/WAN infrastructure and TCP/IP routing involving migrations and upgrades of server hardware, BIOS and firmware updates with Windows Server 2008 , 2003 , operating systems. Extensive ability to troubleshoot highly complex technical issues in a fast paced dynamic, online environment. . Specialized skills with Security and application procedures
Active Directory, Administration including , Experience with Microsoft server technologies, including Active Directory, Windows 2008 and clustering applications Emergency Restore Procedures, Back up ,Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus Solutions, Using Network diagnostic tools, that involved HTTP, TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, DNS, Web Proxies, Firewalls . Excellent networking technologies VPN, SMTP,SNMP routing, firewalls, clustering, and server optimization
Maintain and trouble shoot any performance issues using Dell Open Manage. Creation of Teaming Network Load Balancing and the installation of iFIX application software on Windows 2008 and 2003 servers. extensive hardware, network and Microsoft Security upgrade procedures.
H& H Solutions, contracted to CIBC, Toronto Date Jan 2011 - Nov 2011
Position Trading Floor and VMWare Support Specialist Ability to communicate complex technical trading applications for the Prime Brokerage Business, including detailed knowledge of Global Equity Finance and Investment Banking business.
• Desk top engineering support including (backend/Front End support), Network/Security, ITIL practices, application integration. Good understanding of Microsoft windows architecture and system level resources•Extensive experience with deep understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and designing/maintaining Group Policies. Experience in automation and scripting.Proven experience designing, implementing, and supporting Hyper V and VMware infrastructure
• Design, implementation and documentation, of various CIBC applications. Specialized skills with Security and application procedures performance of CIBC workstation image building for different clients within CIBC including the Trading floor.
Windows XP Office 2003, 2007 and Exchange implementation and configuration for various clients. Active Directory ,Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus Solutions, Network diagnostic tools, Thorough understanding of networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SMTP,SNMP routing, firewalls, clustering, and server optimization. working with different support teams installation of BEA WebLogic 9, IBM WebSphere 6.2 Administration Microsoft IIS, SQL server 6.5, 7.0, CA-7, MKS, Solve and USD
Administration and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software, monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and co-ordinate access and use of computer networks Maintain and trouble shoot procedures that involves disaster recovery operations including hardware management and implementation procedures.
Altiris IT Management Suite Using it for ITIL-based key functions such as incident and problem management and change management. Using using the following components Symantec Management Console, Altiris Agent for Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac, Monitor Solution, Network Discovery, Reports, Software Management Framework, Implementation of a single management framework for distributed, CIBC client environment. Managing Application implementations with confidence by driving predictable and repeatable day-to-day operations.Drive innovation by automating common IT processes and adopting new technologies without adding new tools, people or methodologies
H& H Solutions, contracted to CTI Solutions, Georgetown, Ontario Date Nov 2008 - Jan 2011
Position Trading Floor and VMWare Support Specialist
• Working with Financial Clients CIBC, TD, Merrill Lynch to supply IT network services and financial application support in a very busy and demanding environment which includes Front, Middle and Back Office users. Addressing concerns of the management regarding Trading floor problems and issues and resolving and escalation to Traders and others Veritas products (Volume Manager, File System, Netbackup, Clustering), MQ messaging, monitoring tools, shell scripting, schedulers (TES). Messaging and Blackberry Enterprise Server experience (Exchange , Active Directory, Vsphere version 4 and 5, Windows Sever 2008 Support Configuration and administration with HP Tandem Non Stop and Solaris 10
• Symantec Altiris IT Management Suite using CMD to manage assets more efficiently. Creation of information reports and developing methodologies, including database administration for different Financial businesses. Trading Floor experience for CIBC, Merrill Lynch and Bank of Nova Scotia, network visibility and track metrics on the assets within the environment. Investigation of what software is installed, for incident management and resolution solutions ITIL-based key functions such as solutions, planning, and testing applications for problem management and change management.
• Design, implementation and documentation , working with network security and ability to find solutions and create policies for security challenges. Experience with networking equipment, including switches, routers, servers and firewalls (i.e. CheckPoint). Experience with Microsoft server technologies, including Active Directory, Windows 2008 and clustering applications. Administration, operation, and troubleshooting application processes,• Workflow design and custom workflow coding. Python Scripting for specific customized end user requirements, concerning financial applications as they relate to client needs .
Providing BEA WebLogic 8, 9, 10 and IBM WebSphere 6.2 Administration Microsoft IIS, SQL server 6.5, 7.0, CA-7, MKS, Solve and USD
Unix Shell, Powershell Scripting WebSphere, JCL, CVS, PrimeCode Completed BEA Weblogic Server advance for versions 8,9, 10 System Administration
• Creating multible instances of Solaris 10 using Logical Domains (LDoms) Distributing I/O across multiple paths between the Solaris servers and SAN storage.Using Veritas Foundation Suite Configuration of Virtual servers using ESX console load balancing and memory management allocation
including web portal, including clustering IBM , Tivoli monitoring, DB2/UDB, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2/zOS
Strong end user troubleshooting skills including IBM X series and Blade Center servers including firmware & driver upgrades, monitor and perform hardware analysis Using Hypervisor + sun4v interface to create Logical Domain Channels (LDCs) so that domains can communicate with each other.
Configuration of Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) to eliminate downtime, and facilitates server consolidation.
Citrix Cerified CCEA and CCA Metaframe Presentation Server
H& H Solutions, contracted to CIBC, Toronto Date April 2008 - Nov 2008
Position Trading Floor Application Support Specialist
• Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of Hardware & Software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues , testing and developing methodologies, including database administration for Investment Banking and the. Trading Floor for CIBC, participate in system related upgrades of financial applications and corporate Change Management process .
• Escalation procedures that developed a Governance of solutions concerning Shell and python language programs also dealing with HBA’s multidisc and Clustering configurations on UNIX / Windows networks including Root Cause Analysis for bank application and web components including security access points.
• Schedule patch/service pack installation on Weblogic servers within a production environment to minimize impact on servers
• Coordination and installation, of a Windows 2008 server, Active Directory , Exchange Server scripts which involved configuration and upgrades to specific business applications. Administrate cross–platform networks using advance features of Windows, Active Directory enterprise administration, Active Directory process automation using VBS and PowerShell scripting. This includes development and institution of Enterprise-wide group policies, Active Directory consolidation
• Accountable for the day-to-day administration of IBM p690/p575 servers and related network infrastructure
• Build Windows Clusters and servers in Windows 2003. 2008R2 & 2012 environment,
• Create message bridge components including different security providers, configuration of SAML ( (Security Assertion Markup Language) and PKI ( Public Key Infrastructure)
• Symantec Altiris IT Management Suite for problem management and change management.
• Problem solving and root cause analysis related to Program code error correction involving Shell Scripting Analysis Program Logic Control using CVS Server.
• Experience with Unix and Solaris systems including Microsoft Products Server 2003, Windows XP (Server and workstation versions), Active Directory, Office 2003
The following positions were with the same company I was by Metafore IT Solutions located at 1550 Enterprise Road, Suite 305, Mississauga ON L4W 4P4, and subcontracted to various companies for different periods of time my employment started, May 1999 until April 2008
IBM, Contracted to ManuLife , Markham Contract Date April 2006 - Nov 2007
Position Financial Application Support Specialist
Trading floor and application support specialist. Ability to communicate complex technical trading applications for the Prime Brokerage Business, including detailed knowledge of Global Equity Finance and Investment Banking business.
• Desk top engineering support including (backend/Front End support), Network/Security, ITIL practicesitrix server farm administration within a Windows 2003 domain. Workstation and client testing and configuration on applications mostly around the VMWare environment. Creating , Virtual Servers, remotely connecting to PCs using DameWare and RDP Deploying Blade server and SAN storage, technology for client development projects.
• Capacity Management, which included Server and Workstation planning, using Windows Server2003 and Windows XP upgrading and patching. Network analysis, configuration and reporting, using Active Directory, ISS, ISA, , SMS, Oracle, SQL and MOM, Servers, this allowed for server consolidation. Investigating Root Cause Analysis technology, on applications and client servers using virtualization Platespin technologies P2V and V2V conversions’
IBM AIX, including IBM WebSphere, IBM WEBSphere Portal, IBM DB2, IBM CommonStore, and IBM DB2 Content Manager including FileNet configuration and implementation, conversion and migrations . Linux and Windows environment Microsoft 2003, SUN, Solaris, and Oracle administration the management of computer network, standards, and procedures, using configuration of ESX Blade servers installations Fibre Channel SAN server consolidation. Disaster Recovery, using managed local web based console SCSI drives in a RAID1 Mirrored configuration for redundancy Veritas experience (Volume Manager and NetBackup) Other desirable skills will include: -Dell/EMC SAN Experience -LAN/WAN networking equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. -Understanding UNIX and Microsoft integration issues
• Building Exchange, SQL, IIS, servers with specific customer recommendations. Shell scripting, system communication protocols, and information security standards, DNS, DHCP, domains, Microsoft Active Directory and other services. Vault, Global Data Manager and VERITAS clustering under AIX. Implementing and working with the following PlatSpin, and Aurema technology and ALTIRIS software.
• Installed and maintained company internal DNS, NIS servers, Managed databases such as Oracle -Experience with enterprise level backup system - -Experience with Job scheduling programs such as Control-M, or AutoSys -Omniback II experience -Bind - DNS service for Unix
• Building Exchange Server 2003 applying service packs and hot fixes, managing the outlook web access features, defragmenting and establishing clean drive technology by using the Estutil.exe utility,
• Citrix server builds use the Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) snap-in interface for disaster recovery management and backup migration to Exchange server 2000 from the Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 using the migration component of the enhanced within Migration Wizard
Aegon Canada , North York Contract Date April 2005 - April 2006
Position Financial Application Support Specialist
• Application and Service Administration, end user support, Trading floor and application support specialist. Ability to communicate complex technical trading applications for the Prime Brokerage Business, including detailed knowledge of Global Finance and banking and insurance applications.
• Managing testing and developing methodologies, including database administration for different Financial businesses applications in a financial environment. Design, implementation and documentation for specific customized end user requirements, concerning financial applications as they relate to client needs .
• Using Altirus Management Solutions which includes many tools for incident management and resolution solutions Service Desk capabilities including ITIL-based key functions such as problem and change management work flows. Using the service catalog to create best-practice self-service mechanisms. Which helps users to safely and easily resolve common issues and requests. Automation of system error reporting and solutions to complete many of the sequential tasks that are required for efficient service management.
• Application and Server configuration, IBM TSM and WebSphere, and FileNet Responsible for the development and deployment of the eforms, Filenet Business Process Manager 4.5.1 configuration of Oracle DMBS and Cognos
• Administratoion TSM, Application Server including eForms design and custom coding:
• IBM TSM, Portal, IBM DB2, IBM Common Store, and IBM DB2 Content Manager in both a Linux and Windows environment as well as image creation including data base and backup administration Trouble shooting business application and user environments Clustering with VMS, Windows, and AIX.
• The Microsoft Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) provided a single solution for managing all Group Policy–related tasks. GPMC lets administrators manage Group Policy for multiple domains and sites within a given forest, all in a simplified user interface (UI) with drag-and-drop support. Highlights include new functionality such as backup, restore, import, copy, and reporting of Group Policy objects (GPOs).
• These operations are fully scriptable, which allowed me to customize and automate management tasks. Together these advantages enhanced Group Policy made it much easier to use and help manage the enterprise more cost-effectively.
• Producing daily and weekly reports of activities and operational status, Support internal and external audits as required Maintain infrastructure including upgrades of Hardware & Software technologies, monitoring the environment to detect any hardware or software issues , participate in system related changes and follows corporate Change Management process.
• Monitoring the LAN network , Helpdesk solutions obtain by using Windows error resolution techniques. Web testing local firewalls and Proxy servers. Implementing and testing network components including cabling, power, software and other appliances affecting network performance and reliability.
• Performing LAN security Administration for users and network resources to ensure compliance with lifecycle modules which consisted of Service Strategy, Service Design , Service Transition , and Service Operation
• Continual Service Improvement with domain ISS , backup and restore plus security policies and procedures. Implementing audit trail for exception reporting Remote management administration using RDP and Dameware tools within Active Directory console for the purpose of physically configuring installing business applications on servers and client workstations
• Trouble shooting hardware and software problems on client workstation and servers. Using customer service skills to perform front and backend web application installations, and then monitoring network activity for any errors that might occur.
Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board Contract Date May 1999 - April 2005
Position Citrix / Unix Windows AD Support Specialist
Altiris IT Management Suite Management to perform workflow management which lets you automate human and system interactions to help complete various sequential tasks required for efficient services such as imaging, deployment, including remote control features such as a central catalog, software library, IT Analytics capabilities
Administered DNS/NIS/NFS Experience with migrating physical servers to VMware environment •Experience with IBM X series and Blade Center servers including firmware & driver upgrades, monitor and perform hardware analysis to proactively identify any hardware failure and resolve it. Prioritize and work on Infrastructure support and project implementations
Installed and maintained company internal DNS, NIS servers Assisted in maintaining CISCO Routers and Switches
Installed and administrated Net backup Datacenter solution, Backup of Unix Servers and Clients using Veritas Netbackup and Legato Networker on IBM LTO Tape Library & DLT Tape Devices HP Blade and SAN deployment using RDP and Integration Manager, Technical Resource and Helpdesk Solutions, using Citrix VPN administration
• Provided 7x24 second level on-call support in a rotation schedule with the other members of the Novell Team managing School Connect, and HEAT ticketing and management interface, Citrix and Network Administration for Citrix and Win 2003 servers Helpdesk communication including customer service skills.
• Strong end user troubleshooting skills. Software documentation and application support. Independent thinking including problem solving root cause analysis. and the responsibility to take direct action. Experience with all Microsoft Products including Outlook, Exchange, Microsoft Office Server 2003, Citrix Windows 95 to Windows XP (Server and workstation versions), Active Directory, Office 2003 and Apple computers. Excellent knowledge and experience with firewalls and proxy settings, TCPIP, DNS, Internet. Certified technician with PC Hardware and all server components .
• Network Hardware including Cisco Switches, Routers and SAN storage systems.
• Experience with Network Printers and data servers. Cluster Administrator for Network Load Balancing within Active Directory and Citrix Applications ,installation of Citrix XP including Citrix, Access Gateway, Application Gateway, ICA Clients, Password Manager, performing Root Cause Analysis, configuration of school applications using Thin Clients , Centralization and upgrading Citrix XP to Presentation Server 4.0
• Implement System HW/SW Components. Use of System Analysis Tools, Systems Monitor Tools, System Performance Tuning, and Administrator-Systems Management
• Implementing ODBC Data Source Administrator, together with Terminal Server Licensing using the Terminal Services Manager within school classrooms, and at the board office. Creating and deployment of Ghost images to Thin clients, and PCs. School and Library Application support including School Connect, and other educational software. Improved and assisted School network to fiber optics, monitoring and repairing School LAN and WAN bottleneck problems caused by large increases in network traffic. Addressing problem issues and resolving them on Novell and Windows 2000 networks. Active Directory Network Administration, Security and Remote Network Management, logon procedures and Authentication Administration. Administrated and managed Microsoft Exchange front and backend account issues
• Performed LAN security Administration for users and network resources to ensure compliance with existing security policies and procedures. Implementing audit trail for exception reporting together with reports from Event Viewer
• Monitoring for reliability, involving new threats and escalating alerts and concerns to the Incident Response Team ,Checking the health of critical resources using Active Directory Domains and Trusts, on the servers Performing emergency and disaster recovery of user profiles within the Citrix School Connect environment. Monitoring and administering server file quotas and profiles, performing internal and external testing of networked applications from the client workstations and on the servers
• Managing and Supporting different Operating Systems, Microsoft Windows Servers NT4/2000, 2003, workstations Windows NT4/2000/XP, and Apple computers. Setting up and maintaining users, groups, group policy, network profiles and security
• Providing configuration support for various protocols: IPX/SPX ,TCP/IP, SMTP, and services: DHCP, DNS, WINS. Maintaining ,and running reliable scripts to manage new accounts, and app restrictions Centralized and Decentralized Domains, Designing and Creating automated VB scripts to purge unwanted applications from the servers, and student profiles
• Creating The OU Structure, using the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. Setting up and creating Group Polices for users and printers. Security and Network Administration of domain servers. Use of terminal services via Citix Presentation Server by connecting to the Console Root within Active Directory, all schools are within separate Domains inside a Central Domain (Trees, Forests Structure)
• Restoring Active Directory Components, Domain Name Service for AD, Forward and Reverse lookup zones, Microsoft Management Console with DNS snap-in, AD integrated zones
• Administration concerning restores and backup using VERITAs BACKUP EXEC configuration and management of MARK BOOK, TEACHER TOOLS, and other special specific Teacher and School applications.
• DNS Counters Using the Performance Console. NSLOOKUP, DNS Event Log
• Implementing and Troubleshooting GPOs Creating a Group Policy Object, Linking an Existing GPO, Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policies, Modifying Group Policy Inheritance, Filtering Group Policy Inheritance, Controlling User Environments, Using
References and Certifications given upon requests
Prior to May 1999 I attended Devry Institute of Technology From Sept 1994 to Sept 1998 full-time
I took my degree in Computer Information Systems
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, information technology lessons for all!
Taking microsoft word lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$160|