Growing up in a Suzuki string school, my teaching methods are based on the Suzuki method, particularly for younger students. That being said, I have lots of exposure with University-level teaching and I believe on tailoring lessons based on the individual's needs and strengths.
I am entering my second year in music at Western University with a focus in Music Research. I have been playing violin for over 13 years and have over 5 years of experience working with young violin beginners. If you are from Kingston, you may have seen me over the years playing with the Kingston Symphony, at Providence Care, Agnes Etherington Art Centre, weddings, hospitals, private parties, and more.
I require 24 hours notice for lesson cancellation.
Bachelor degrees, with scholars - Western University (2020-2025)
Music Research, Violin, Psychology
High School Diploma - Kingston C.V.I.
IB, French Immersion
Awards and Certifications:
Western Scholarship of Excellence
Gordon Jeffrey Endowment Strings and Chamber Music
Delf B2 Certification
Immersion French Language Proficiency Award
Subject excellence awards in Biology, Calculus and Vectors, Chemistry, English, French Immersion, Human Growth & Development, Science
IB certificates in HL Biology, HL French, SL Mathematics, SL Psychology
Summer Student Concert Coordinator - Canta Arya/Providence Manor (2020)
• Arranging and communicating program order and player attendance
• Creating and displaying outdoor decorations.
• Communicating and enforcing social distancing guidelines.
• Coordinating and hosting safe concert rehearsals.
• Gathering testimonials and media.
• Assisting in media documentary project development.
• Using Microsoft Word to compile data for activity report and create documents.
• Demonstrating discretion when working with confidential information related to ongoing documentary project.
Student Volunteer - Canta Arya (2015-2020)
• Developed and assisted with lessons and activities to promote children’s musical development in beginner group class.
• Worked with children individually and in group to teach Suzuki group violin playing etiquette and create a productive, fun environment.
• Demonstrated flexibility in organizing and leading performances with many community organizations in a variety of professional, charitable, and/or private venues.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest violin lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|