My teaching methods involve emphasis on oral communication, as practice makes perfect. I find that younger students tend to be less reserved with a younger tutor than with teachers. Overall I am flexible and patient and willing to change the way I teach to accommodate the student. I have worked with elementary school students in the past and I always enjoyed giving them one-on-one help.
I am currently an undergraduate student at Queen's University living at home in Ottawa during the pandemic. I have 2 years of assistant teaching in an elementary school French immersion program (grades four and one). I have been in French immersion for 14 years as well as continuing in university. I achieved my DELF B2 in December 2019.
Responsible, open-minded student seeking employment opportunities in the form of a part-time
Queen’s University Concurrent Education Kingston, ON
2020 - Present
Expected Graduation: 2024
Sir Wilfrid Laurier Secondary School
● Honour Society, 2016-2020
● Cooperative Education Award, 2019
● Music Award, 2019
● Drama Award, 2017
● Proficient in Maths, Sciences, and Arts
2016 - 2020
Academic: ● Bilingual; French (B2 certified), English and Russian, spoken and written
● Computer literate; (MS Office, Google Apps, Apple Apps,
● Basic Emergency; CPR (May 2016)
Personal Management: ● Punctual, responsible and hard-working
● Excellent at problem solving and multitasking
Teamwork: ● Collaborates well with others
● Excels in conflict-resolution
Hostess, Taproom 260 JUN 2020 - AUG 2020
● Maximized efficiency and public safety concerning
sanitation protocols surrounding COVID-19.
Cashier, Value Village Orleans APR 2019 - JUN 2020
● Developed reputation for prompt, efficient service by
engaging in a positive manner with customers.
Cooperative Education Student, Dunning Foubert Elementary
FEB 2020 - JUNE 2020
● Administered problem-solving skills when faced with
issues between young students (i.e. Physical, verbal and
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES, AWARDS, AND INTERESTS
● Sir Wilfrid Laurier Band, 2014 - 2020
● Student Council, 2018 - 2020
● Relay for Life organizer, 2019-2020
● Leadership Camp organizer, 2019-2020
● Virtual WHMIS certified
● Ministry of Labour Training
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|