My classes are geared towards a hands on approach to learning the fundamentals of Fine Art, including but not limited to: drawing, painting, sculpture and printmaking.
My goal is to provide structured lessons which will allow you to find your own preferred style and medium. All skill levels welcome!
My classes contain a short but engaging art history lesson in order to provide a historical basis to the skills we are learning. I am passionate about teaching, and my classes are built on inclusion, accessibility, creativity and fun!
Additionally, I also offer portfolio building classes during which we work to craft a competitive portfolio which will give you the upper hand if you are planning to apply to a studio art university or college program.
My name is Dominika. I am a current Teacher's College Candidate at Queen's University. I completed my undergraduate degree in Fine Art and Art History in 2019. I have been teaching art in a studio setting for 5 years. I am very passionate about teaching and art, and I would love to have the amazing opportunity to guide and inspire new and experienced students within my field!
Please allow a 24h notice if possible if you are cancelling your lesson.
Queen’s University Kingston May 2020-August 2021
Current Bachelor of Education student
Queen’s University Kingston Sept 2015-June 2019
Dean’s Honour List student in the Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours
Sheridan College Oakville Sept 2013-June 2015
Continuing Education Certificate in Fine Art
Young Artists of Kingston Instructor Kingston May 2018-Present
• Designed and implemented curriculum and lessons for introducing and developing life drawing, portrait drawing, contour and blind contour drawing, painting with watercolour and acrylics, pastel drawing, screen printing and linoleum printmaking.
Mowat Woods Daycare Provider Kingston June 2018-Present
• Designed and implemented activity programs involving meals, park time, lessons, crafts, and athletics while caring daily for children between 9-months and 4-years old.
Children’s Bay Park E.C.E Supply Kingston March 2018-Sept 2018
• Supplied for different daycare positions including infant educator, toddler educator, preschool educator, and worked with children with learning and developmental exceptionalities.
SmARTS Art Instructor Kingston July 2018
• Organized and delivered fine art and art history programs at the Agnes Etherington for children between 6-years and 12-years old. Programs developed and based on the Agnes Gallery exhibitions.
Printmaking Workshops Kingston July 2018-present
• Organized workshops in linoleum print for children between 6-years and 14-years old at Module Vanier, Agnes SmARTs camp and Young Artists of Kingston.
Event Photographer Kingston Sept 2018-present
• Offered professional photography for semi-formals, birthday parties, professional portraits and/or artwork documentation.
Woodshop and Metal Shop Supervisor Kingston Sept 2017-April 2018
• Monitored and assisted students in building projects including stretchers and stretching canvas, sculpture work, welding, etc.
• Educated in safety and proper use of woodshop equipment at Queen’s Ontario Hall.
“Exposed” Graduating Exhibition Kingston May 2019
• Presented series of artworks alongside 20 female artists in undergraduate show.
• Planned exhibition over the course of a year through fundraisers, outreach to Queen’s and Kingston communities also organized exhibition spacing and setup by hanging canvas stretchers, and painting walls.
Union Gallery “What’s Left Behind” Kingston June 2019
• Presented a series of artworks alongside 2 artists, while working closely with curator and gallery director.
• Fluent in English, Polish, Spanish and French
• First Aid and CPR C certified
• Responsible Adult course certified
• Experienced cook and baker
• Works well under pressure
Perfect! Dominika was very friendly and engaging. Asked lots of questions about what specific skills I want to develop as an artist and set up the a plan of action to begin working towards my goals. Excited to continue lessons with her!
I have taught alongside Dominika in several printmaking workshops and life drawing classes. She is an enthusiastic teacher who is very dedicated to her student’s success. If you are interested in taking art classes, you will highly benefit from her caring and patient attitude towards teaching!
I’ve known Dominika for many years, we studied together in university. She is a passionate teacher who puts relationships with her students first. She is caring, attentive and patient. Her classes are fun, creative and engaging. I highly recommend her classes if art is something you’re interested in pursuing!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oil painting lessons for all!
Taking life drawing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|