My approach to learning involves a student-centered lens by incorporating student voices and student knowledge as legitimate and important to learning. I believe that empathy and understanding of students' diverse needs is at the core of any successful teaching methodology.
I received my teaching degree from the University of Toronto, specializing in Social Science and Religious Studies at the secondary level. I also obtained certification in ESL, Special Education, and Health and Physical Education. I previously received a Combined Honors Degree in Religious Studies and Sociology from McMaster University.
2015-2017 Masters of Teaching, Intermediate/Senior – General Social Sciences & Religious
Education, Spec Ed Part 1 AQ – OCT # 679991
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education , University of Toronto
*Research Paper: Middle-class teacher experiences in high-poverty secondary schools
2011-2015 Bachelor of Arts, Combined Honors Sociology and Religious Studies
2017 Winter- Present Occasional Teacher, Halton Catholic District School Board
2017 Winter High School Teacher, Metro International Secondary Academy
• Developed ongoing lessons for Grade 11 Food & Culture, Grade 12 Philosophy, Grade 12 World Issues, IELTS Exam Prep, ESL Level E, Grade 11 English, Grade 12 Challenge & Change, Grade 12 World of Fashion
2017 Winter Student Teacher, Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton CSS (TCDSB)
• Developed ongoing lessons for Grade 10, 11, 12 World Religions & Religion
2016 Fall Student Teacher, Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton CSS (TCDSB)
• Developed ongoing lessons for three sections of Grade 12 Religion
2016 Winter Student Teacher, Loyola CSS (DPCDSB)
• Developed ongoing lessons for Grade 12 Family Studies & Grade 11 Introduction to Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, and Grade 12 Law
2015 Fall Student Teacher, Archbishop Romero CSS (DPCDSB- Alternative School)
• Created lessons for various subjects & taught Grade 11 World Religions
2014-2015 Pathways to Education- North Hamilton
• Tutoring/mentoring of youth from low-income communities
2013-2014 Undergraduate Affairs of the Religious Studies Department
• Sit in on Undergraduate Affairs meetings for the department of Religious Studies at McMaster University as student volunteer and representative
• Provide opinions on course structure and availability.
2013-2014 Frontier College
• Volunteer tutor of high school ELL students
2005-2010 Carassauga & Carabram Cultural Festivals: Macedonian Pavilions
• Provided entertainment for visitors in Folk Ensemble Ilinden
2016 April- Present At-home Childcare
2016 March- Present Tutor Doctor
• At-home tutor
2014-15 Hamilton Tiger-Cats/Tim Horton’s Field Venue Staff
• Checking tickets and directing guests/ general customer service
2015 Summer Early Learning Collegeside Centre- Family Day Care Services
• Student full time employee for the summer of 2015
• Childcare/teacher assistant to classroom ECE & ECA with infants to school aged children
2014 Summer Early Years Centre- Family Day Care Services
• Student full time employee for the summer of 2014
• Assistant facilitator/teacher of programs for children 6 years and under & their parents
2012 Summer Norampac, Summer Student
• Customer Service/ Reception/ Accounting
2011-2014 Longo’s Bakery Clerk
• Customer service, preparing bakery goods, taking product orders
• Ontario College of Teachers Certified
• 12 year member of St Ilija Macedonian Orthodox Church’s Folk Ensemble Ilinden
• Grade 5 Piano with the Royal Conservatory of Music and seven years guitar experience
• Registered in CPR-C and First Aid Treatment with the Ontario Lifesaving Society
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|