My technique is straightforward and adaptable to the needs of my students. I work by anticipating those needs and providing solutions to the problems that they may be facing with English. I'm an easygoing instructor and I look forward to supporting students from the age of 13 and up till first year of university.
I'm an anthropology major with creative and academic writing expertise, I have experience planning and facilitating writing workshops. I have been writing poetry and non-creative fiction for 11 years. I will be receiving my Bachelor of Arts (Honours) this year.
Cancellation Policy: Reschedule at least 20 hours before if you can't make your session and you will not be losing any money. Outright cancellation will be subject to case by case evaluation but I will typically offer a 70% refund.
Education and Professional Development
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) |exp. completion June 2021 |Ryerson University, Toronto Ontario.
· Major: Anthropology Studies, Minor: Curatorial Studies
· Mental Health First Aid Certification (2017, 2019)
· Jack Layton Leadership School Certificate of Training in Social Justice & Advocacy Work (2019)
• Policy Development Intern June 26, 2020-Present
FAM Coaching & Consulting
- Research and development of policy and by-laws for a non-profit subsidiary of the FAM organization.
- Collaborative work on non-profit business planning and market research.
• Student Intern January 20-April 1, 2020
- Created the #Trying therapy campaign alongside the my supervisor and customer satisfaction team.
- Established procedures for social media marketing through mediums like Instagram and set up Crowdfire software to track online engagement.
- Served as student ambassador for the organization at Ryerson University.
• Editor January 10-April 30, 2020
Special Projects, Ryerson Students’ Union
- Worked alongside the President on the copy editing, layout and distribution of the first issue of the State of Mind Magazine.
- Chose student submissions to be included in the magazine based on quality and thematic significance.
- Organized the promotion and marketing of the magazine and worked alongside the SHIFT Centre staff for planning the magazine launch.
• Lead Coordinator September 9, 2019 – December 20, 2019
SHIFT Centre, Ryerson Students’ Union
- Used an intersectional and anti-oppressive lens to develop programming for students.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the SHIFT Centre including, but not limited to, centre operations, programming, outreach, marketing and service provision.
• Special Projects Lead May – September 1, 2019
Student Life and Events, Ryerson Students’ Union
- This role involved planning events by managing event logistics, event risk assessment, set up and tear down.
- Assisting the Vice President Student Life and Events with their portfolio and event ideation and planning for the academic year.
- Managing volunteers to facilitate events.
- Outsourcing performers, speakers and vendors for events and occasions.
• Vice-President Events,
Director of Arts and Contemporary Studies
Ryerson Liberal Arts Society June 2018 – May 31, 2019
- This role involved planning events by managing event logistics, event risk assessment, set up and tear down as well as managing volunteers.
- Facilitating a variety of events for the students in the Faculty of Arts, including career oriented and academically engaging events.
- Improving student leadership relations within the Ryerson community.
HOBBIES AND PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
· Narrative production in social advocacy for marginalized communities specifically women and immigrants.
· Curatorial Practice.
· Youth Mental Health Education.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$180|