My teaching style is dynamic, motivated, and collaborative.
I believe in three tenets of teaching:
1. Every student has a different learning style and pace. Therefore, the purpose of the first lesson is to determine the best approach.
2. A student and teacher found a partnership, that requires patience and adaptiveness. Together, we will establish rules and expectations for tutoring sessions and take-home exercises.
3. Motivation unlocks success. I plan on teaching in a language the student understands, making school work seem fun and engaging.
My tactical approach is as follows:
1. Ask the student to self-reflect on concepts they find challenging as well as easy to grasp.
2. Review the school teacher's method of teaching (i.e. notes, lessons, etc.)
3. Create notes together for further review.
4. Practice different questions together to ensure understanding.
5. Review content again and provide extra worksheets as homework.
I am a recent graduate of Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario. I have just completed my degree in the Honours Business Administration Program, with distinction, and I have accepted an offer to join a top-tier management consulting firm in Chicago, Illinois in the fall.
I graduated from the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program in 2015. I am passionate about helping students reach their full potential, through guidance and advisory in English, mathematics, essay-writing, SAT prep, and extra-curricular help.
For five years, I have experience teaching students of all ages.
In university, I have served as a Teaching Assistant for Economics and Business, helping lead classes and mark assignments. I am also a school-sanctioned tutor. I have volunteered at Western University's Writing Clinic to edit and review essays for all purposes.
In high school, I worked as both an IB mathematics and English tutor. I also worked as a swimming instructor and lifeguard for the City of Vaughan.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|