After teaching over 1000 university students, I have become familiar with different types of learners. I will adapt the lesson plans to fit your learning style. Each class is different and the contents of the class is determined by you. For example, some students want me to spend the class time explaining specific concepts. Other students ask me develop a study plan for them and help them stick to the plan. Everything is up to you!
I am currently a university instructor for first year biology, upper year genetics, and human anatomy and physiology. Before becoming an instructor, I was a teaching assistant at UBC for two years.
I can help you with the following courses at UBC:
If you are a student at other schools, I can help you with the following topics:
First year biology
human anatomy and physiology
Biology Laboratory Instructor, 2016 - present
• Delivered short lecture to brief students on background knowledge that are relevant to the lab day
• Covered topics including experimental design, animal diversity, plant structure, animal reproduction, cell biology, and molecular genetics.
• Evaluated and provided constructive feedback for assignments and lab activities
• Revised and developed lab exams and lab materials
Science One Mentor, UBC, 2015
• Provided support and academic advice to students enrolled in the intensive Science One program
• Helped first year undergraduate students transition into university life
Teaching Assistant for Fundamentals of Genetics course, UBC, 2015
• Led weekly tutorials for 15 second year students to enhance students’ understanding of lecture material
Guest lecturer, UBC, 2015
• Prepared lecture about research thesis to approximately 180 students in the first year introductory biology class at UBC
• Successfully demonstrated to students that current scientific research is built upon the foundational scientific knowledge gained in undergraduate studies
• Communicated novel research findings in an appropriate language for 1st year undergraduate level
• Student feedback indicated that the lecture was a refreshing method to connect classroom materials to current research on campus
Teaching Assistant for Genetics, Evolution and Ecology course, UBC, 2015
• Provided guidance for students during office hour, review sessions, and on discussion forums
• Assisted instructor with maintaining record of grades
Teaching Assistant for Laboratory Investigations in Life Science course, UBC, 2014
• Received letter of appreciation from Dean of Science for providing quality teaching at UBC
• Instructed students in a biological laboratory on the fundamentals of biological experiment design, lab safety, and proper lab equipment usage
Teaching Assistant for Plant Physiology and Development course, UBC, 2014
• Prepared and led tutorials to help students critically analyze data to answer research questions
Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Modern Biology course, UBC, 2013
• Provided guidance to students outside of class time, in office hours, and over discussion forum
• Graded student assignments and provided written feedback on homework and exams.
University of British Columbia M.Sc. Botany 2015
• BGSA Symposium first place oral presentation, 2013
• Frances Chave Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Botany, 2013
University of British Columbia B.Sc. biology 2013
• President’s Entrance Scholarship, 2009
• Dean’s honor list
Perfect! Michelle is an excellent tutor for bio234. She is very knowledgeable and patient, plus she asks great questions to help you consolidate some points. That helped me a lot in my reviewing.
Perfect! Michelle was great! She broke down material for an easier understanding and helped me do a lot better in my anatomy and physiology class! I would recommend Michelle!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$175||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$350||$350|