Classes are meant for high school students looking to improve their writing and study skills in subjects including English, Social Studies and Legal Studies.
Teaching techniques include reviewing students' past work by understanding where the student needs help in and also helping students with assignments, papers, and final exams.
I am able to help students with diverse needs and work with the students' schedule.
I am working on my honours thesis and have a lot of professional writing experience.
I have been tutoring for the past year and am currently working with one student with their English class and they have been improving in their writing skills. I and am looking to help more students.
I am very sympathetic with students. I understand the difficulties they experience and have always been passionate about helping others improve their skills. I enjoy seeing students improve and succeed in school and feel more confident in their abilities.
If a lesson needs to be canceled, it is preferable for it to be done at least 3 hours before the lesson is to start or there will a $10 cancelation fee.
LAW AND SOCIETY HONOURS, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
GPA 3.5/4.0 Relevant courses: Business Law, Equality Issues, Socio-legal Issues in Contemporary Liberal Societies
Awards: Marguerite P. Bannister Memorial Degree Award, Jason Lang, Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship
CONDUCT MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY ADVISOR, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY RESIDENCE
OCT 2017 – Dec 2017
- Responsible for handling lower-level conduct cases within the Residence.
- Conduct meetings with students to discuss violations and educate students on Residence Community Standards.
- Decide on appropriate sanction for the student based on the case and prior violations.
PROGRAM AND EVENTS ASSISTANT, STUDENTS’ UNION UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
AUG 2016 –PRESENT
- Plan and execute successful SU events from September to April targeted at improving connectedness and wellbeing of the campus community. Events include Stress Less Week, the Undergraduate Research Symposium, Frostbite, and the Teaching Excellence Awards.
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, Student Services and Elected Officials, including developing seating arrangements, write and present briefing notes and conduct data entry.
- Manage event budgets and work with a team of 5 to plan and hold SU events.
LIVE IN MONITOR, UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA CAMPS JUNE 2018 – AUG 2018
- Directly responsible for ensuring smooth and quality delivery of all extracurricular and sightseeing components of the Experience University Life program.
- Ensured health and safety of student campers and supervised meals, free time in residence and all activities.
COMMUNITY ADVISOR, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY RESIDENCE AUG 2015 – DEC 2017
- Provide paraprofessional advising to 100 undergraduate students by developing immediate rapport to lead into a meaningful relationship with open communication.
• - Execute and enact community programming events to support success in students’ academic, personal and social life and to encourage a connected community.
• - Enforce Community Standards, to ensure a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for all residents.
RESEARCHER, UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY ANNUAL GIVING OFFICE MARCH 2015- JULY 2015
• - Locate accurate demographic updates for use in the automated Student Calling Program and ensuring maximum productivity and accuracy.
• - Strategically utilized Raiser’s Edge Database to efficiently find updated contact information and called the constituent to update information as needed.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||$20||Not available|