I am able to approach subjects with much flexibility in order to meet the needs of every student. I will begin with an overall assessment to review my student level of understanding prior to my tutoring. Each session after this will consist of us working together in areas where the student struggles. The student will also be given practice problems to work on; they will then be asked to highlight any questions they may want to bring to the next session.
I hope to make the use of time as efficient as possible, and teach my students the skills needed to become successful at their subject of choice.
Hello, my name is Sarah Cupello!
I am a third year Biochemistry student at UBC Okanagan with a 4.0 GPA and a spot on the Dean's list. I have experience facilitating a tutor session as a Calculus TA and Peer Helper throughout my experience in University.
I have a high aptitude for all math subjects including algebra, trigonometry, calculus, geometry, you name it! Also, I am knowledgeable in subjects concerning chemistry, biology, and physics.
Please call / text me at (concealed information) with any inquiries.
A discount may be applied for group lessons!
WALMART PHOTO CENTRE Trail BC
Photo Lab Technician April 2016 - October 2016
● Promote services and provide technical expertise and advice to the customer
● Maintain a neat and orderly environment
● Accurately account for cash, coupons, or credit transactions
● Responsible for the maintenance and operation of photographic processing equipment
VISAC GALLERY Trail BC
Gallery Assistant October 2016 – June 2017
● Greet and assist guests
● Knowledgeable about current exhibits
● Ensure safety of art during shift
● Tidy up and close gallery
ROSSLAND MUSEUM & DISCOVERY CENTRE Rossland BC
Educational Programs Assistant May 2018 – August 2018
● Monitor and supervise large groups of children ensuring safety and enjoyment
● Develop interesting course plans to meet academic, intellectual and social needs of children
● Provide leadership to children in all areas and acted as a role model in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, chores, rules, and sportsmanship
● Building and maintaining good relationships with members of the community
● Safeguarded personal property, program equipment, and facilities
UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH CULUMBIA Kelowna BC
Calculus Teaching Assistant & Peer Note Taker September 2018 – December 2018
● Provide instruction in labs and discussion periods
● Mark laboratory assignments
● Invigilating exams
● Provide academic assistance to students, and all other duties as required
GLENMORE LODGE Kelowna BC
Weekly Volunteer September 2018 – April 2019
● Assist with patient transportation within nursing home facility
● Contribute to resident program design
● Spend quality time with the patients reading, playing cards, or chatting
● Organize holiday events to bring joy to the elderly and decorate the facility
● Assist with serving ice cream to residents and visitors
I got an A. Sarah is natural at making complicated math problems seem easy. Sarah is brilliant but super easy to work with. I am so glad I invested my time with her. I highly recommend her if you are struggling in Math or Science.
Sarah tutored me in first year calculus at UBCO. Before beginning tutoring with Sarah, I was failing the class with not much possibility of passing. Sarah was able to break down the most complex problems in a very simplistic way for me to understand, teaching me step by step and giving me the confidence and tools to pass the class. I continued tutoring with Sarah into my second calculus class and with the constant encouragement and help from her, I was able to finally understand mathematics and pass this class with a grade 14% higher than the first calculus class. I recommend Sarah to anyone who struggles with mathematics and understanding the most basic and complex parts of it.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|