My teaching methods make use of both a textbook based and practical approach. During my time mentoring high-school students in relation to essay writing, I would make sure to provide written feedback as well as host an in person session to explain the feedback. I approach the subject with a relative amount of flexibility and am ready to teach both native and non-native English speakers and have experience in the same. I would prefer to teach remotely but will make up for this by being available throughout the day.
I am an undergraduate student currently attending Queen's University, Kingston on a full academic scholarship. I am pursuing a degree in Applied Economics and a minor in Mathematics while also taking English classes. I have relevant experience in essay editing and mentoring high-school students as well as 2 years of teaching at a school for underprivileged children, in India.
Cancellation must be at least 1 day in advance and will fees will not be charged for cancelled lessons
EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
1. Queen’s University, Kingston (Projected Major: Applied Economics, Projected Minor: Mathematics)
Currently in 1st Year of study (Mathematics, Economics, Political Studies, History, Philosophy)
2. Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, India.
International Baccalaureate Diploma (12th Standard Board Exams): 41/45
(Higher Level: English, Economics, Psychology,
Standard Level: Mathematics, Computer Science, Hindi)
Indian Certificate of Secondary Examinations (10th Standard board examinations): 94.67%
(English, Mathematics, Hindi, History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Physical Educational Biology)
English Proficiency Test (IELTS): 118/120
English Higher Level (International Baccalaureate exam): 7/7
French (Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française A1 level): 79/100
Hindi (International Baccalaureate Examination): 7/7
ACADEMIC HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Named Chancellor’s Scholar (2020) by Queen’s University, for “academic excellence, proven leadership and engagement in extra-curricular activities”.
• Academic Honors Prize (2015-2018, 2020), Cathedral and John Connon School.
• Chosen to represent India and placed 1st at the Sunburst Youth Camp (cultural exchange and leadership program organized and funded by the Temasek foundation in Singapore)
• Placed 1st in National East India Debates Competition, 2018. (English Parliamentary Debates). Additionally awarded: Second best speaker of the tournament.
• Two-time winner of “outstanding delegate” award at Harvard Model United Nations, Boston. (2018, 2019)
• Named Secretary General of Cathedral Model United Nations Conference 2019 (Cathedral and John Connon School).
• Received distinction in Grades 1-7 in Speech and Drama, Trinity College London Examinations.
• Played squash on the Indian National Circuit:
Member of zonal and state teams: 2016-2019
Career high: National Rank: 11th, State Rank: 8th
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND SOCIAL WORK
• Organized charity event “Squash-a-Mile”, in association with VCARE Cancer Foundation:
Raised $55,000 for the treatment of underprivileged cancer patients. (2018-19)
• Organized “CMUN for Society”:
Raised $9000 for the education of the girl child in rural India. (2019-20)
• Organized and Participated in Annual Psychology-Sociology Seminar, “Towards a Better World”, on the topic of student mental health. (2019, 2018)
• Weekly volunteer at “ToyBank Foundation”.
Volunteer at “Akanksha Foundation”.
LEADERSHIP POSITIONS & AWARDS
• Gandhi Medal for Leadership, 2020. Awarded at the end of standard 12, for proven in leadership in school.
• Sri Ratan Award for Youth Volunteerism, VCare Foundation.
• School Prefect, 2019-2020.
• House Captain, 2019-2020.
• School Symposium and Debate club president, 2019-2020.
• School gymnastics team captain, 2019-2020.
• School squash team vice-captain, 2019-2020.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
• Interests: Economics and finance, politics and public policy, international relations, law.
• Computer Skills: JAVA script, MySQL, HTML, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Netbeans, BlueJ and Data-Base Management Systems.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest writing comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing expression - english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$15|