My teaching methodology is to first learn about your learning style and help you grow and learn based on your needs, ability and enjoyment. Learning is meant to be fun, therefore this will be a student-teacher parntership in learning and teaching.
Hi! My name is Sarah, and I am a third-year student at the University of Toronto, Mississauga campus. I am working towards earning a major in English and Earth Science, with a minor in Educational studies. I enjoy reading and writing, and love working with children. I look forward to learn more about teaching as I help you grow as a student.
Highlights of Qualification
• Dedicated student and inspiring educator focused on supporting all students by assisting educators.
• Excellent assistant, record keeper and multitasker.
• Passionate about helping students and offering proven skills developed over 5 years of related educational
• Caring and motivated to helping others and engaging in new experiences.
HUMANITIES | UNDERGRATE ( SEPTEMBER 2018 – MAY 2022 ) | UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO –
• Current third year humanities & science student
• Plan on graduating in 2022, with a major in English & Earth Science, and a minor in Education
TEACHING ASSISSTANT ( SHORT COURSE ) | JULY 2020 | ELEARNING COLLEGE
CUSTOMER SERVICE ( SHORT COURSE )| AUGUST 2020 | ELEARNING COLLEGE
Skills & Abilities
• GROUP & INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION, WITH TEAM LEADERSHIP & STUDENT SUPPORT SKILLS
DEVELOPED THROUGH VOLUNTEER POSITIONS WITH DIVERSE COMMUNITIES
• MANAGE CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS AND OFFICE DATA GAINED THROUGH MY TIME AS AN OFFICE
ASSISTANT FOR BOTH A PRIVATE SCHOOL AND INSURANCE COMPANY
• EVENT COORDINATION & PROMOTION AS AN EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT, ASSISTING WITH GRADUATION
CERMONIES AND OTHER MAJOR SCHOOL EVENTS
• DETAIL ORIENTED WITH STRONG WRITTEN AND ORAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS DEMONSTRATED AS
AN EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT WHEN COMMUNICATING BETWEEN PARENTS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, AND
• SKILL & GOAL DEVELOPMENT AS AN DEVELOPING EDUCATION FOCUSED STUDENT
• EXPERIENCE WITH WORKING FOR DIVERSE COMMUNITIES AND CULTURES WITH INTERCULTURAL
COMPETENCY AWARENESS DURING MY TIME AT A LOCAL MOSQUE
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT | MASJID AL-FAROOQ | FEBUARAY 2017 -
• Oversaw students in classroom, halls and playground to monitor, enforce rules and support lead teacher.
• Oversaw groups of up to 70 students at school and off-site locations, maintaining optimal safety and security.
• Organized classroom materials to help teachers prepare for daily instruction and activities.
• Organized and guided activities for students, including bake sales, movie day and field trips.
• Maintained student records to assist teachers with administrative tasks and maintain smooth daily operations.
OFFICE ASSISTANT | JW COOPERATORS INSURANCE | JUNE – AUGUST 2018
• Help makes copies and organize customer files
• Assisted with obtaining personal information of clients and prepared paperwork in a timely and efficient manner
• Accurately processed order paperwork and payment transactions
STUDENT VOLUNTEER | MASJID AL-FAROOQ | SEPTEMBER 2014 – FEBUARAY 2017
• Helped with administrative support, including managing incoming calls, coordinating files and sorting mail.
• Greeted incoming office guests, answered questions and directed individuals to desired locations to enhance team efficiency.
• Restocked displays with merchandise when items were running low.
• Utilized Microsoft Software to create colorful brochures and flyers used for marketing school and for special events.
• Answered phones when the owner was unavailable and provided callers with requested information.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|