My teaching methodology puts an emphasis on understanding the current knowledge of the student and working with them to find areas we are both interested in improving. When working with a student, I like to set a methodical pace that in-class instruction fails to provide. In a classroom, a teacher is tasked with ensuring a group of students develop the skills required of them as determined by the provincial curriculum. With only so much time on a teacher's hands, and so many students to divide it between, many students fall through the cracks and find themselves believing they just CAN'T understand a subject.
This is not true. Anyone can learn anything given enough time and practice. In my tutoring, I am able to devote my full attention to one student, and give them as much time as needed to help them understand a concept before moving to the next one. If ever you felt like the classroom didn't give you what you need, please consider contacting me. Working together, we WILL get your French to where you want it to be.
I am studying Honours French at University of Waterloo with a specialization in teaching. I am French Immersion certified. I spent one semester in a grade 7/8 French Immersion classroom as a co-op experience. There, I taught lessons, marked work, and engaged with students regularly. After post-secondary, I plan to apply to teacher's college and become fully certified to teach French Immersion and Core French.
Goal: To gain new skills and experience, and to impart what I've learned onto others.
Palmerston Public School (2019)
At Palmerston Public School, I spent four months learning about teaching grade 7 and 8 students in a professional setting. In this co-op, I instructed the students in the use of literary devices in creative writing, the proper use of cinematography in a public service announcement video, and a debate based on the comparative destruction of natural disasters. In addition to this, I worked with their teacher to plan lessons, mark papers, and help course correct when problems came up. This work was done in both French and English.
C.E.L.P. (Community Environmental Leadership Program) (2015-2016)
In the C.E.L.P. program, a variety of team-oriented tasks were required of me, including working to produce lessons for other classmates, providing day plans on field outings, and creating themed activities to teach children about responsibility regarding the environment.
University of Waterloo
- President’s Entrance Scholarship Recipient (2019)
Norwell District Secondary School
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma Recipient (2018)
- French Immersion Program Certificate Recipient (2019)
- Honour Roll Certificate Recipient (2014-2019)
- Student Council Grades 9-12 Representative (2014-2018)
- Theater Norwell Cast Member/Lead Actor (2014, 2018)
- Actor/Cameraman/Editor in Norwell's "The Show" (2014, 2017-2018)
Individual and Team-Oriented Work Skills
- Able to prioritize tasks that need completion
- Well versed at integrating another team member into the workload
- Able to identify challenge areas in own work and that of others and create a plan to improve them
- 95% in Grade 12 Academic English
- Volunteer and work experience in personal interaction with all demographics
- Fluent in English and French
Driven to Improve
- University Academic Average of 87% (GPA 3.85/4)
- Completed a semester of cooperative education in February, 2019 to receive hands-on experience as a teacher in the elementary classroom
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|