I go through the student's weekly lessons and see what they are most struggling with. I reteach them the lesson in a way they understand, that could be through connecting it to a topic they enjoy, or a different method of approaching the problem. I will do a model example and then have them do one for more, guiding them and helping them along the way.
I am a University of Waterloo physics student with a 4.0 GPA. I have been tutoring students in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology for three years. I have been able to have my students pass courses they previously were failing and
If you cannot make a lesson, please notify me at least 24 hours in advance.
Summary of Qualifications
• Recipient of the Schulich Leader Scholarship, Canada’s most prestigious STEM scholarship
• Tutored high school students in sciences and mathematics
• Experience working with children as a counsellor
• 2 years of AP chemistry laboratory experience
• Excellent communication skills from tutor position
Candidate for Bachelor of Science-Physics
Chemistry minor September 2020 – Present
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
• Relevant Courses: Mechanics, Waves, Electricity and Magnetism, Modern Physics, Introduction to the Universe, General Chemistry 1&2
• Relevant Laboratory Experience: Mechanics lab, Introduction to the universe lab, Electricity and Magnetism lab, General Chemistry 1&2 labs
President of Science Club September 2020-June Thornhill, Ontario
• Organized an effective network of drop-in peer tutors for students who needed additional support in STEM classes, furthering student comprehension
• Communicated with teachers and administration to obtain supervision and support of the club. In turn, the club ran smoothly
• Fostered a safe environment for students to obtain help, resulting in high club attendance
Math Tutor September 2018-September 2020
• Utilized strong comprehension of mathematics and passion for education to fill in the gaps in the students understanding
• Tutored grade 9-12 students in both virtual and in-person one-on-one lessons
• Created induvial plans for each student to accommodate their learning style, resulting in a 20% increase student grades
Student Director September 2016-June 2020
• Organized rehearsal schedules using google apps, ensuring all content was rehearsed in time for the production
• Lead the behind-the-scenes tasks including lighting, props, sound, and costuming, creating an immersive experience for the audience
• Managed the sale of tickets and finances of the production, guaranteeing the budget was adhered to
Counselor August 2017-August 2019
Camp Green Acres
• Supervised children while collaborating with fellow counsellors to ensure each child had their needs met. The children placed in my care were known as the happiest kids at camp
• Coached children in musical theatre productions by aiding with line memorization and working one-on-one to improve dance skills.
University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship of Distinction September 2020
University of Waterloo
• Scholarship given to students with an incoming average of 95% and above
York Region District School Board Proficiency Award June 2020
• Awarded to the male and female with the highest average of their graduating class
Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation Branch Award June 2020
• Award for community involvement and social awareness
Schulich Leader Scholarship April 2020
• One of one hundred winners of Canada’s largest STEM scholarship
• (concealed information)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|