I teach high school or middle school level material. I tailor my style to the student, depending whether they prefer oral or written learning, slow or fast, and any other preferences. My diverse knowledge background helps me make material tie together in a fun, engaging way, due to my genuine love of learning.
I am a gap-year student going into Queen's Computer Science and Creative Arts program. I was awarded the Math Scholarship at my high school for highest achievement in my class, but my well-rounded background in the arts helps me make material fun, interesting, and engaging!
Summary of Qualifications:
• Positive and upbeat personality, making students feel comfortable and engaged
• Very well rounded attributes, allowing me to communicate effectively and convincingly with all types of learners
• Extensive leadership initiative developed from the wide range of countries and organizations which I have experienced, from Canada to Sweden
• Continuously willing to adapt to new challenges, and to maintain a standard of excellence under any circumstances
2007 – 2010 Sunnybrook School, Toronto, Ontario
2010 – 2016 University of Toronto Schools (UTS):
Grade 12 Courses: Advanced functions (100%), Computer Science (100%)
UTS and High school Diploma
Awards and skills:
2008 – 2011 1st Violin at the RCM Orchestra
2012 Trained on the UTS tennis team
2013 Hospitality and Tourism Section of DECA, the leading business administration in Ontario for youth entrepreneurs:
-Developed my communication skills and my ability to deliver compelling speeches
2014 Executive of Art Club
Serial Story Writer and Editor for School Magazine
Canadian Computing Contest 1st Place Regional Winner
2015 Dr. T.M. Porter Scholarship for Mathematics – UTS Award for highest math achievements
2017 Sales Associate at Photos Unlimited Portrait Studios
• Learned and applied sales techniques
• Developed interpersonal skills:
o handled difficult situations
o Made adults and children alike comfortable
Brick Specialist at LEGO Store Yorkdale
• Learned to build customer rapport and pursue the highest customer satisfaction
Freestyle Painting Sales Representative
• Contacted clients to organize contracts and helped the business grow
Relevant Volunteer Experience:
2013 Terry Fox Run
• Promoted cancer research for school open house
2014 Bit-by-Bit Computer Science Volunteer at the University of Western Ontario
• Taught programming through LEGO Mindstorms, from beginner to advanced sections
Computer Science Representative at UTS Open House
1. Knowledge of math, science, and art
2. Friendly, open personality
3. Trilingual English, French, and Spanish
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|