I analyse the learning behaviour of the student and customize the teaching technique and method. For example, my student in Brno was interested in listening and comprehension as well as presentation. I used Ted Talks videos.
A technical writer and analyst with a Master of Arts degree from McGill University. I have worked in Canada and the Czech Republic. I taught business English for two years in Brno, Czech Republic.
Rates vary according to travel and level of English.
Summary of Qualifications
• Over 12 years of research and writing experience in various industries.
• Extensive experience in developing proposals, user specifications, product guides, and online help systems using common authoring tools.
• Innovative thinker with a passion for solving complex problems well as ways to adapt systems and workflows to allow users to function more efficiently.
• Crossteam contributor to the development of specification documents.
• Strong research, analytical, and design skills.
Adobe Technical Communication Suite
Microsoft Office Suite, Visio
Project Tracking Agile methodology (Scrum), JIRA, Confluence, ClearQuest Source Control SVN, Alienbrain
Operating Systems Mac, Windows
Other XML/DITA Structure, SQL, Service Management ITIL, SDLC
Technical Writer/Analyst Novartis. Prague, Czech Republic Oct 2017 Jan 2018
• Supporting the product owner and business experts to clarify and provide a detailed description of user requirements specified for projects and change requests
• Defining a satisfied solution for the client, especially regarding costs and incomes linked to the request
• Prepare and development requirements/specification documents and ensure they are signed off by the relevant stakeholders
• Guiding and organizing Business Acceptance Tests in order to check if developments are aligned with the given specifications, and to assure that there are no bugs or regressions
• Guarantying compliance with the customer policies by creating and managing the governance framework
• Working together with third parties (e.g. process manager) to align on different tasks
Desk Agent/Analyst NSCGlobal/AT&T. Brno, Czech Republic Nov 2016 Aug 2017
• Conducting a systems analysis to set up SharePoint as the Content Management System with the purpose that it is scalable and configurable for future projects.
• Call handling as the initial first level contact to resolve IT issues and managing escalation.
• Accurately logging issues or tickets in the system for ITIL and SLA purposes.
• Collaborate with customers, team, and team leader to clear the backlog.
• Scheduling meetings with customers for problem resolution and training.
Business/Systems Analyst FNZ. Brno, Czech Republic Nov 2015 – Apr 2016
• Collaborated with project managers and other steak holders to develop the Statement of Work and review the Request for Proposal.
• Communicated with users to gather data to create complete Source Requirement Specification (consists user cases, flow diagrams, functional and nonfunctional requirements).
• Worked with stakeholders to develop solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
• Partnered with QA and Test teams to write user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, and test plans.
• Created mock up diagrams for the new user interface to be reviewed by developers and consultants. Revised workflow or interface wireframes are incorporated in the respective documents.
• Educated and prepared customers on the platform functionality.
eLearning/Content Specialist Freelance, Czech Republic May 2015 – Aug 2015
• Designed eLearning and raining documents for internal and eternal customers.
• Liaising with user experience developers to ensure that the eLearning programs are useable.
Technical Writer CM Labs. Montreal, Canada Mar 2013 – Aug 2015
• Designed documentation templates to be used for customerfacing printed and portable guides.
• Collaborated with project managers to define the documentation deliverables and specifications for each project.
• Worked with subject matter experts such as quality assurance leads, system engineers to develop instructor guides and workbooks.
• Collaborated with the graphics team to sketch and develop graphics that accompanied written content.
• Established a review process for all documentation to improve content quality and accuracy.
Technical Writer CM Labs. Montreal, Canada 2011 – March 2013
• Designed user guide templates.
• Designed and developed the first online help system in the company.
• Worked with developers and engineers to develop content for the products.
• Established formal training sessions for employees on various product concepts and recommended workflows.
• Established an automated generation for release notes output.
Senior IT Content Writer Groupe Dynamite. Montreal, Canada 2010 – 2011
• Research, write, and format multimedia documents and training materials for a wide range of users.
• Manage the documentation phase of a project’s life cycle from research to execution.
• Create sustainable documentation and training plans that define milestones, timelines, deliverables and potential risks and customization.
• Actively collaborate with key stakeholders, such as software development, translation, PMO, creative, and marketing, to reach objectives outlined in the project plan.
• Write clear memos to communicate the rollout of the training and manage the transition to new systems.
• Validate quality of all documents through editing and ensuring that they are brand compliant.
• Create training schedules and give training to over 40 employees from different parts and levels of the business in a formal classroom setting.
• Create and modify document templates and revise processes to increase efficiency of each project.
• Proactively work with vendors, such as Adobe, to determine how emerging authoring technologies can be applied to our projects.
Senior Technical Writer Avid Technology. Montreal, Canada 2002 – 2009 Communication
• Conducted research with developers, testers, and product owners to define document requirements.
• Wrote and published single‑ source paper and electronic documents.
• Interviewed users to gather feedback, which improved the design, flow, and quality of the documents.
• Penned scripts and storyboards for multimedia demonstrations beneficial in learning about new features.
• Proven ability to interface between engineering and the users, successfully conveying and presenting complex and technical concepts and tasks to the intended audience in a comprehensive language.
• Gave presentations to product managers and team members to communicate progress and resolve predicted issues or showstoppers.
Management and Organization
• Managed all operations of the documentation process from research to delivery within budget and on time, including staffing and implementation.
• Scoped and produced documentation plans and strategies for multiple projects in different silos of film and broadcasting that involved working with a decentralized team.
• Interfaced with senior management to develop product requirements and realistic project goals.
• Performed quality assurance on content that ultimately improved content, usability, and established procedures and standards for developing documentation and training materials.
• Managed resource requirements for the projects such as the assessment, recruitment, training, and day‑ to‑ day support of interns and contractors.
• Supervised interns and contractors and provided work guidance, mentoring, and coaching.
• Liaised with various departments such as Finance for budgeting, Marketing and Communications to understand product positioning, and Legal to get approval for copyrights of footage and trademarks.
Analysis, Planning, and Design
• Analyzed user needs and identified document requirements per milestone for projects that span over a long timeline.
• Implemented different methodologies that facilitated the migration from print to online versions.
• Wrote the scoping and design documents that specified the new and improved content organization.
• Created a modular design to aid singlesourcing, reuse of content and the customization of documents according to customer needs.
• Designed, developed, and maintained an online portal that centralized tutorials and learning videos. The website won the Award of Excellence from the Society of Technical Communications.
• Developed an online survey for customers to investigate how documentation is accessed and used. As a result, more user guides were offered online reducing the number of printed books.
Junior Technical Writer Marconi Communications. Montreal, Canada 1999 – 2002
• Authored and edited installation and hardware guides.
• Collaborated with engineers to develop product specification documents and release notes
Master of Arts (Communications)
McGill University. Montreal, Canada 1997 – 1999
• Award: Alma Mater Student Grant that allowed me to present part of my research at a conference in Vancouver, BC. The complete paper was later published as shown in the Publications section.
• Thesis: “Disrupting Binary Divisions: Representations of Identity in Saikati and Battle of the Sacred Tree”.
Bachelor of Arts (Film Studies)
Carleton University. Ottawa, Canada 1993 – 1999
• Graduated with Honors and was on Dean’s List.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|