My knowledge of music is extensive and I am able to bring a practical approach to the classroom. Having worked with both children and adults, I am experienced in teaching many different age groups and am passionate about helping others discover their musical voice. It is very important to me to create an engaging, safe space where students feel comfortable challenging themselves.
Hi I'm Julia! I teach voice, piano, theory and songwriting. In 2015, I graduated from Humber College with a Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Performance and I am RCM certified Grade 9 Piano and Grade 8 Voice. In addition to my 7 years of teaching experience, I have 10+ years of experience as a professional singer, both as a solo performer (accompanying myself) and in many different ensembles.
Professional musician proficient in music education, performance and curation. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. Highly recognized vocal and piano teacher accomplished in memorizing lyrics, singing complicated pieces and maintaining professional stage demeanor. Well-versed in various styles of music, including Pop, R&B and Classical.
Lead Vocalist for West Coast Music from 2018-2020
- Professional vocalist for 100+ events such as weddings, corporate, and private events in Los Angeles.
- Notable venues include Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hilton, Hotel Bel Air.
- Prepared extensive repertoire list of 100+ songs for clients.
Piano & Voice Teacher for MPS Piano Studios from 2011-2017
- Taught curriculum enhanced lesson plans to educate students about fundamentals of music.
- Familiarized students with basic concepts of music such as notes, tempo, symphony, beats, compositions and chords.
- Advised parents of student progress by communicating student's achievements and developing methods for improvement.
- Evaluated and graded student performance, homework assignments, projects and tests.
- Developed strong working relationships with teachers, parents and students to propel school's vision and goals.
Vocal Coach for JC Dance Troupe from 2015-2017
- Selected and arranged music for JC Dance Troupe Triple Threat summer camp from 2015-2017.
- Handled requests for specific musical selections as each year focused on different themes of music.
- Directed three different age groups at rehearsals to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm and tempo.
- Taught fundamentals such as projection, breathing and vocal techniques that students could apply while dancing.
Lead Vocalist for BPM Krew from 2013-2017
- Professional vocalist for a variety of events such as weddings, corporate, lounges, showcases, and private events across North America.
- Acting band leader; responsible for managing event details, professionalism on stage, and coordinating with clients day of.
- Musical Director; updated repertoire periodically that corresponded with current popular music.
Lead Vocalist for Stereoflavour Live Entertainment from 2015-2017
- Professional vocalist at a variety of events such as weddings, corporate, bars, lounges, showcases, and private events across Ontario.
- Worked with 10+ Toronto musicians in a full ensemble.
- Acting band leader on gigs when required.
- Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance Humber College - Toronto, ON
- Awarded Trish Colter Award in 2015
- RCM Grade 9 Piano certification
- RCM Grade 8 Voice with First Class Honours certification
- RCM History & Theory: Basic with Honours
Perfect! Julia is kind, professional, and very talented. Great Teacher
Julia is amazing!!!!
I took vocal lessons with Julia for over a year. She is an exceptional teacher that is knowledgable, experienced and supportive to her students. I would highly recommend Julia whether you are looking to begin singing or improve your voice.
Julia has been one of my favourite vocal instructors! She caters our lessons to my needs/goals and has played a huge role in my vocal technique/health...Highly recommend!
Julia is a full time professional vocalist that gets to do what a lot of us wish we could do: sing for a living! Her job requires her to be familiar with many styles of music and that experience is invaluable to the students that get to take lessons from her. To be able to learn from someone who is actively working as a singer and is familiar with the kind of skill, repertoire, and knowledge is required of singers on the scene TODAY is priceless! No better person to learn from, if you ask me!
I would highly HIGHLY recommend, Julia as your vocal coach! She helped me achieve my goal of strengthening my upper and lower register and helped me gain more confidence overall in my singing capabilities. Can’t recommend her enough.
Julia is such a great teacher! She’s so encouraging and patient. I loved my lessons with her. Highly recommend.
Julia is so inspiring. The song she has on Spotify are amazing and the fact that she gets to be my singer teacher every week makes me so happy!!! She always makes my music lessons fun and I have improved so much since I have started. Thank you Julia!!!
Julia is an amazing teacher. She made each lesson fun and I always look forward to them. She helped me find confidence in my voice again and I can’t recommend her enough!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking music theory lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$60|