My most important technique is that I first make sure the student is happy with what she's practicing and learning. We have to make it a fun process in order to make it easy to learn music!
So, basically, since we are living in this COVID-19 era, classes will be online over Skype or Zoom platform. Based on the current level of the student, we choose a book to work on through our sessions, and besides that, we try to work music theories as well since knowing music theory is a major part of learning music and can be useful in learning any kind of instruments, and piano would be no exception!
During the week, the student can contact me via email or a text message, and I try to help her in order to make sure she will not be working on something wrong during the whole week. Knowing that whether the student is on the right track is the key to success!
I'm a master's student in the CSE program (a multidisciplinary program of Mathematics and Business) at McMaster University. In spite of not being a music student in academics, I've been working in this field for more than ten years, have lots of live performances either as solos or group performance and with all of them, I've gained lots of experience and techniques which can be useful for anyone who likes to learn piano especially for non-classical purposes!
*Notable Live Performances*
- Sharif University of Technology’s 8th Music Festival Tehran, Iran: Feb. 2019
- First live performance for a classical group, played piano accompanying
with other classical instruments: violins, violas, cellos, and flutes.
- Covered some pieces of Brahms and Strauss.
- Sharif University of Technology’s 7th Music Festival Tehran, Iran: Feb. 2018
- My own rock band, Quawx’s, debut live performance in front of the
crowd. Played pianist and backing vocals.
Tamasha Gallery Cafe Tehran, Iran: Dec. 2017
- First live performance in a gallery cafe, collaborating with a band
called "Idioteque", covered songs of popular rock bands.
- Sharif University of Technology’s 6th Music Festival Tehran, Iran: Mar. 2017
- First experience of having a live performance in a rock band called
"Atlas" as a pianist, Covered two Persian rock songs.
- Sharif University of Technology’s 5th Music Festival Tehran, Iran: Feb. 2016
- First live performance in my university. Played a classical duet with a
violin. Also played two piano solos of Chopin.
- Foroogh-e-Honar Musical Institution Festival Babol, Iran: Nov. 2014
- My debut live performance. Played some solo pieces of Fariborz Lachini
(Iranian composer), and some other tracks accompanying with
*Achievements and Honors*
- 1st Saba Music Festival in Sharif University: Our band (Quawx) ranked 1st among more than ten other rock bands
- Sharif University of Technology’s 8th Music Festival: Our classical group ranked 1st among more than ten other classical performances
- 1st Art Festival in Sharif University: Quawx ranked 2nd among five other rock band
- Sharif University of Technology’s 6th Music Festival: Quawx Ranked 2nd among four other rock bands
Title: Leaving Out All the Things... Flying Up Above the Clouds
My debut solo piano work. You can listen to it on SoundCloud. (ShawnOnPiano)
Perfect! The teacher is very good！
She's a very talented student, but she can even be a more hard worker!
I’ve been taking Piano lessons with Shayan for 2 years now. He is patient with his students and he makes his classes fun. Great teacher and piano player :)
I've had the distinct privilege of knowing Shayan for more than 5 years. I've been to too many of his live performances including his solo piano performances as well as his collaborations with several different bands. I have also known a few of his learners and I'd like to assure you that he is a great teacher.
Besides qualifications, his unique talents and his professionalism, Shayan is also an extraordinary person and it is always fun to work with him.
I know Shayan for more than five years and he's been a nice friend of mine. I've been in a couple of his live performances and from there, I can say his piano techniques are amazing. I've never been to his classes but I heard lots of good and fun things regarding them. I suggest anyone who is really willing to learn piano try his classes for at least one session, and when they know his personality, they'll definitely continue their sessions!
I'm in an a cappella group with Shayan and am the first to say I don't have the piano skills he does! He helps me out whenever I have a theory question (i.e. rhythms, chords), need to play something on piano, or want advice on musical elements (i.e. tone, blend). He is a compassionate, dedicated, and patient person, which no doubt will translate to teaching piano. Highly recommend.
I've had the distinct privilege of knowing Shayan for more than 5 years. I've been to too many of his live performances including his solo piano performances as well as his collaborations with several different bands. He is one hell of a rockstar! I have also known a couple of his learners and I'd assure you he is an incredible teacher too.
Besides his professionalism, skills, and talents, Shayan is also an incredible person who is easy to work with and learn from.
Listening to piano can happen to us at work, at home, or on social media. For me, just a few numbers of pianists are able to touch my emotions in the way they play the piano. Shayan is definitely one of those pianists.
Shayan is a phenomenal piano player and a great person. We have been working collaboratively on music for the last year through the organization MacBeat. He's incredibly easy to work with, a vibrant soul, caring teacher, and excellent musician.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
Taking synthesizer lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|