The old days of delivering lectures are far gone. I base my teaching in more of an interactive session where the students not only understands a concept, but is also able to use those concepts in real life, whether it is Chemistry, Biology or even Mathematics!
I am a second year university student at the University of Calgary, Faculty of Science and major in Chemistry. I used to tutor students ranging from grade 4 to grade 12 with the Mathpro Learning Center, hence have enough experience in teaching. I see myself going into Medical school in the next five years.
A detail-oriented and organized person who has recently graduated from High School and has more than six years of experience working as dedicated volunteer for various not-for-profit organizations.
Computer Proficiency Includes: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as data entry and keyboarding. Effective at marketing products and sharing information via social media.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Peer Tutoring | Records Management | Fundraising | Cash Handling | POS Transactions | Inventory Management | Merchandising and Sales | Office Administration | Project Management
Self-motivated | Attentive | Excellent Communicator | Effective Problem Solver | Adaptable | Strong Time Management Skills| Willingness to Learn| Team Player | Responsible and Able to Work Independently | Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Tutor Feb 2019 – June 2019
Mathpro Learning Center
• Conduct 90 minutes of one-to-one, in-person tutoring sessions.
• Demonstrate ability to clearly illustrate difficult-to-understand subjects including Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
• Encourage students through inter-personal communication to ask questions, solve problems, and think independently.
• Utilize various teaching techniques to increase learning performances.
• Evaluate and manage each learner’s educational development with end-lesson assessments, practice worksheets, performance level, student conduct, and focus level.
Sales Associate Nov 2018 - Present
The Children’s Place – Calgary, Alberta
• Greet and acknowledge customers while providing the appropriate level of service.
• Demonstrate the appropriate level of selling skills to positively impact conversion.
• Support and maintain a neat, clean, and organized stockroom while adhering to a customer ready environment and adhering to safety requirements.
Special Projects Fundraiser (Self-employed) Oct 2016 – April 2017
Junior Achievement Program for Southern Alberta – Calgary, Alberta
• Worked within a not-for-profit team to create a start-up business and fundraise money for Children’s hospital
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University of Calgary - Calgary, Alberta Sept 2018 - Present
• First year Chemistry Major, Bachelors of Science
High School Diploma June 2018
Dr. E. P. Scarlett High School – Calgary, Alberta
• Took Advanced Placement (AP) Courses and was recognized as an Honours Student
Band Member October 2017 – Present
Ismaili Pipe Band – Calgary, Alberta
• Play in a band to entertain community members at social events
Reading / Creativity Club Volunteer July 2016 – August 2016
Calgary Public Library – Calgary, Alberta
• Effectively managed a kids reading club summer program
• Ensured that kids were learning a fun ways including through the use of technology
• Created resources and academic worksheets for students to supplement their classwork during the summer
Senior Patrol Leader June 2012 – December 2015
Boy Scouts – Karachi, Pakistan
• Arranged weekly meetings and overnight camping experiences each year for entire troop
• Participated in troop planning meetings and communicated expectations to all scouts
• Ensure that the health and safety of all members is maintained continually
Junior Volunteer (JV) Leader June 2016 - present
Ismaili Volunteers Canada (IVC) - Calgary, Alberta
• Guide young volunteers, aged 14 or less and assign them duties every week.
• Participate in various programs and events organized by IVC.
• Effectively communicate and deliver my ideas and plans.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|