My teachings are always based on collaborative learning by including active learning strategies like Group Works, Instilling practical approach by various examples. Assigning tasks as per student's understanding capabilities & regularly providing developmental feedback, in all facilitating the learners to achieve the learning objective.
Am a graduate in Chemistry with a post graduate in Biochemistry having 6+ years of full-time formal experience teaching students of various grade levels. Taught Chemistry & Biology for Cambridge Curriculum (IGCSE) for 3+ years for grade 6 to grade 12 students. Looking forward to connect with the students of Toronto.
Grade 8 - 10 : $40/hour
Grade 11 - 12 : $40/hour
College Level : $40/hour
To teach….is to touch lives….forever!!
An enthusiast looking forward to pursuing a career in the global education field with an institution of repute
An effective communicator with clear fundamentals & creative teaching skills
Storyteller, efficient learner, disciplined, dedicated & determined individual with clear goals of making a career in the education field
Has a proven track record of consistent learnings & performance displaying major accomplishments
An optimistic, curious & result oriented individual with excellent time management skills
WES Outcome: Bachelor’s Degree (Four Years) & Post Graduate Diploma (One Year)
2018 Diploma – Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching & Learning (Pursuing)
2017 Certificate - Cambridge International Certificate in Teaching & Learning (Completed)
2010 M.Sc. (Biochemistry) from Fergusson College, University of Pune – Secured 70.2% Marks (Distinction)
2008 B.Sc. (Chemistry) from Fergusson College, University of Pune – Secured 84.5% Marks (Distinction)
2005 HSC (C.B.S.E) from St. Mary’s Convent Senior Secondary School Ujjain - Secured 77.6% (Distinction)
2003 SSC (C.B.S.E) from St. Mary’s Convent Senior Secondary School Ujjain - Secured 72.6%
WORK LIFE EXPERIENCE
Manthan International School (Mar’2015 – Apr’2018): Chemistry Teacher
• Mentored AS level students with Cambridge Curriculum in Chemistry & Biology
• Designing a coherent plan of lectures with the focus on active learning, case studies, group discussions, lab work & technique demonstrations achieving the overall target of collaborative learning
• Develop & redesign course curriculum for requirement based learning needs. Focusing on Skill based teaching as opposed to content based teaching
• Regular assessment of learner’s progress & readiness by using various methods such as worksheets, quiz, crosswords, role-play etc.
• Providing individual feedback/remedies for below Grade level learners by using multiple learning strategies such as Kinesthetic Approach, Logical Reasoning etc.
• Testing conceptual understanding by assigning independent/group projects on various subject fundamentals such as Salt Preparation, Separation Techniques, and Titration etc.
• Teaching methodology involves practical learning through on the job experimentations, simulations etc. On topics such as Reactivity Series, Thermodynamics reversible –Irreversible reactions etc.
• Attended various workshops on subject enrichment & classroom management
• Represented School at various forums and platforms and achieved accolades for the results & efforts
The Beginner’s (Feb’12 – Mar’15): Mother Teacher
• Taught all subjects as a ‘Mother Teacher’ to Grade II students as per prescribed curriculum of CGBSE (Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education)
• Planning the sessions to make the class time special, creative & enjoyable by practicing various methodologies, such as infusing Icebreakers, adding energizer in between the session, playing loop games, quiz, creating patterns by Art & Craft, etc.
• Managing the classrooms with the diverse batch of students coming with different learning abilities to promote their physical, mental and social development
• Establishing classroom rules and holding each student accountable, showing them how a class functions best when everyone works together
• Developed & administered tests / exams .followed by correcting individual/group assignments to evaluate students’ progress
• Conducted field trips to add practical exposure in student’s learning such as visiting Zoo to explain Animal life & behavior, visiting Supermarket to teach the concept of Money Transactions, visiting a farm to explain them the concept of the plantation with on hands experience of paddy plantation etc.
• Assigning & reviewing homework to monitor students learning & progress
• Engaging with students requiring extra help in the subject by preparing & implementing specific learning needs / remedial measures
• Met one on one with students for improving performance & address behavioral issues
• Discuss student’s progress in staff meetings for dealing with behavioral issues, discussing how to develop problem-solving and critical thinking abilities etc.
• Hold Meetings with parents & guardians for providing regular feedback based on diagnostic tests to specify individual student’s learning ability
• Attended multiple educational conferences & workshops such as Inclusive Classroom Strategies, Happy Teaching etc.
• Trained new teacher recruits on school policies & procedures involving teaching strategies practiced at School as per the prescribed curriculum
Successfully completed Cambridge International Certification in Teaching & Learning – Feb 2017
Successfully completed Certification for Extension Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry hosted in Bangalore by Global Cambridge Faculties (Code - 9701) – July 2017
Attended Training Session on Creative Learning Techniques & Happy Teaching – Apr 2016
Successfully completed Certification for Intermediate Cambridge IGSCE Chemistry hosted in Bangalore by Global Cambridge Faculties (Code - 0620) – Nov 2015
Worked on a project titled “Effect of Organic Solvents on the Catalytic Activity and Thermo Stability of Enzymes” during the fourth semester of M.Sc (During 2010)
Worked on the project titled “EMS - Effective Micro-organisms Solution” and achieved second prize during Second year B.Sc (During 2006)
Software Packages: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), Excel – Beginners Level
IELTS: Overall Band – 8 (Listening – 8.5; Reading – 8.5; Writing – 7; Speaking – 7)
I consider myself very lucky finding Neha as a biology tutor for my daughter.
Neha is an amazing tutor, with talent and passion for teaching beyond any expectations.
With extreme patience she explains the subject in the greatest detail making sure there is nothing left unclear.
Through a very hard work , dedication and commitment combined with a soft approach and great kindness , Neha helps the student to understand and become familiar with a large volume of material in very short time.
Her strategy and methodology helps the student to achieve their objectives and to regain the confidence and motivation.
We will not hesitate to contact Neha, every time when my daughter will need help for biology, chemistry or physics.
It was a big pleasure for me and my daughter to meet and work with Neha and without any hesitation we strongly recommend Neha as an exceptional teacher.
Neha is very patient and understands the material very well. She was able to explain confusing concepts to me in an easier way and it really helped me!
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biochemistry lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|