Though my professional teaching experience is from university classroom environments, I approach education with flexibility and the understanding that every student learns differently. I encourage all students of mine, regardless of age and experience, to perform a verbal needs assessment with me so that lessons might be tailored to their specific needs. As such, classes can vary wildly from one to the next. I also strongly enjoy forming a connection with students, as I subscribe to the belief that education should be enjoyable for all who participate in it.
I am a recent Wilfrid Laurier University Grad with a BA in English & Medieval and Medievalism Studies. I was top of my class and participated in invitational pedagogy seminars, presented my writing at conferences, and I was an Instructional Assistant for the entirety of my fourth year. I also have a Level 5 OFQUAL TEFL certificate.
I can offer more specialized assistance, including off-hours review of written assignments and essay reviews, for an adjusted rate depending on the level of the student's work.
I request that cancellations be done with 24 hours notice.
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON 2016-2020
• Honours Bachelor of Arts, English & Medieval and Medievalism Studies
Premier TEFL 2020
• Level 5 OFQUAL Certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Laurier Faculty of Arts Divisional Council 2017-2018, 2019-2020
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
Student Representative (Undergraduate)
• Contributed to discussion and offer student perspective towards the management of Laurier’s Faculty of Arts
• Voiced student concerns regarding the development of programs within the Faculty, as well as presenting alternatives to problematic items elevated by lower councils
• Assisted in the development and finalization of Laurier’s Creative Writing option in the Department of English
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON 2019-2020
• Developed lesson plans that combine both lecture and discussion-centered learning, with emphasis on active learning and group work assignments
• Facilitated discussion for groups of up to 25 students while grading participation and attendance
• Held weekly office hours and maintained email communication with students to ensure thorough understanding of material beyond the bounds of the classroom
Laurier English Curriculum Committee, Waterloo, ON 2018-2019
• Provided student input regarding the restructuring, removal, and addition of various courses within the Department of English
• Assisted in the development, restructuring and rewriting of course descriptions, requirements, and titles
• Collaborated with professors and students in the finalization of a plan for a new Laurier Brantford option focusing on Aboriginal Studies within the Department of English, which was submitted to contacts at Laurier Brantford at the end of the term
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|