My classes are composed of a mix of teaching strategies that will make the class dynamic and attractive to the learner. Strategies used: -Communicative language teaching to communicate effectively. -Task-based language learning consists of assigning a task that is interesting to the learners. Student-centred classes so he/she feels in control of the learning process and positive reinforcement at all times. I use visual and listening aids to compliment my lessons.
One of our best! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and responds during the day. Laura will plan your first lesson with care.
I am a Spanish and ESL internationally educated teacher with three years of experience in Ontario and seven years overseas, currently pursuing my teaching license here in Canada. I am very patient, understanding and committed to a high standard of work; I easily relate to students from all backgrounds and cultures.
Because I am very passionate about education, I believe tutoring provides the perfect atmosphere to build a rapport that will surely help the student meet his/her learning needs. Also, through one on one sessions, I am confident I can contribute to the proper development of their emotional and social skills. I use positive reinforcement at all times, and I make sure that by the end of the class, the student has all his/her doubts cleared.
I love what I do, so I always do my best to contribute in all possible ways.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Creative, dynamic and responsible educational professional with over eight years' of experience providing excellence in education
• International Bachelors of Education Degree: Major in ESL (2011) TEFL Teacher Training Certification – Oxford Seminars (2005)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish; ability to create professional relationships based on respect and understanding
• Reliable computer and technical skills; MS Office, Internet and a variety of social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook
• Patient, understanding and committed to a high standard of work; able to relate easily to children from all backgrounds and cultures demonstrating a growth mindset
• Punctual, organized and focused; ability to multi-task and remain focused while working in a demanding high energy environment
Academic English, grades 11 and 12. (ENG3-4U) teacher in a private school fully aligned with the Ontario Curriculum.
Toronto, Canada. 2018- present.
• Teach English for academic purposes to international high school students pursuing undergraduate studies in Canadian universities.
• Develop lesson plans, content-based quizzes, tests, and exams.
• Provide Ontario District School report cards to the head department.
Private Spanish Teacher
•Develop personalized lesson plans for an adult student, twice weekly. Starting benchmark A1. Current benchmark B1.
Private ESL teacher to pre-school student.
• Biweekly lessons through play and sensory-motor activities.
English as a Foreign Language Teacher in a private institute, Toronto, Canada 2017
• Taught students of a broad range of English capabilities, ranging from elementary, necessary English skills to CAE-prep
• Provided individualized attention and guidance to the students for developing their language skills
• Built rapport with students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds
English as a Foreign Language (ESL) Teacher Overseas Pre-School 2015 – 2016
• Prepared interactive lesson plans that met content-based standards and ESL pedagogies
• Instructed students using textbooks, worksheets, games, and visuals to help improve speaking and listening skills in students aged 3-7.
• Provided biweekly feedback to Head of the English department; participated in regularly scheduled teacher and parent meetings.
Overseas University English as a Foreign Language Teacher - Engineering and Accounting Program 2015 - 2016
• Developed curriculum, including lectures, reading materials, and tests; improved students' classroom performance with additional tutoring to students requiring extra help
• Taught students communication skills related to their field, including presenting, socializing and job interview preparation
• Facilitated small group activities emphasizing critical learning
Overseas English as a Foreign Language Teacher/ High School Counsellor 2011 – 2014
• Coordinated and participated in meetings and counselled many at-risk students and their parents
• Organized & facilitated monthly multicultural events & programs by theme or institutional development
• Worked with students aged 10-20 in small groups of 5 to 6 to help them overcome academic deficiencies and improve language skills
University teacher's Assistant 2009 – 2010
• Collaborated with classroom teachers and created lessons to support students
• Administered individualized English for Academic Purposes tutoring sessions
• Conducted group and one-on-one settings to address individual needs
Volunteer Teacher in a shelter 2015
• Worked with small groups of children aged 2-18 and helped them better their skills in all subject areas, up to 5 students at once
• Kept students interested and engaged in creating games that were fun and also helped the students learn
• Acted as a positive role model to the students
Volunteer Teacher 2011
• Organized and engaged in recreational activities such as games and puzzles
• Encouraged curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to children's developmental levels
• Maintained a safe play environment by emphasizing and maintaining cleanliness and organization
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
-Currently completing an online IELTS instructor certification course.
-Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification by the Red Cross 2018
-Intermediate Microsoft Office and Excel Certification and Office Procedures Certification 2018
-Overseas Bachelor's Degree in Education: Major in ESL 2007-2011
-Certificate – Teaching English as a Foreign Language 2005
Perfect! Laura has lots materials to practice and was patient to me even my response was so late from thinking during the zoom class. I appreciate!
Excellent! She is so attentive, trying to adapt the classes to your goals. She is always looking to do different kind of exercices to make the class more dynaimc. A good experience as a her student.
A knowledgeable student that is eager to learn.
Perfect! Laura is perfect. She has lots of energy, so her classes are always productive. She is always well-prepared, and she knows how to adapt to my needs and pace. My work demands that I take part in Zoom meetings; hence taking online classes was extremely helpful. I improved my speaking-skills right since my first class with Laura.
Aida is a top student, always eager to learn.
Perfect! Laura is a fantastic tutor. I'm so glad to have her as a private English tutor. She is helping me with my IELTS exam. Thank you so much to be patience with my all questions. :)
Ricardo is a fast and motivated learner who is willing to challenge himself to pursue his goals. He would benefit from a regular practice of the acquired skills. Great job!
Laura is very easy to work with, patient, and provides practical learning for students. Highly recommend.
I took private Spanish lessons with Laura. It was a great experience. She was well prepared for the lesson, on time. We made good progress and I had to temporarily stop the lessons due to my travelling away from home. I would highly recommend Laura as a teacher
Laura is an amazing teacher. She goes above and beyond for her students. Her level of dedication to her work, is admirable. She is very knowledgeable, dedicated and patient, all qualities which make her a great teacher.
Laura is great. We trusted her with our daughter. She's knowledgeable and always prepared with lots of teaching materials. We liked her approach and commitment.
Laura used to be my private English teacher, she is a caring and punctual person With great teaching method. I definitely recommend her!
Laura is an extremely patient tutor whom ensures you are making realistic progress towards your goal. As a mature student, I am glad I had Laura as my tutor as she made learning a new language so much fun and without feeling embarrassed!
I am a mature student who has not practiced spoken Spanish for many years. I worked with Laura one-to-one and found her very creative in terms of the lesson content and we had interesting conversations which challenged me with respect to vocabulary and grammar. I recommend Laura highly. She is a patient, knowledge teacher who will help you improve/develop your ability in spoken and written Spanish.
I am a friend that knows how Laura works. Being fully bilingual myself I can testify to her ability to switch back and forth between English and Spanish seamlessly. She is friendly, intelligent, and dedicated to her craft.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest listening comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|