My teaching methods include online platforms to communicate with students. These online platforms include Zoom, Brightspace (D2L), Microsoft Teams to connect with students. I use a variety of videos, interactive assessments (e.g. Kahoot, Nearpod), and whiteboards to aid in student learning. I believe in structuring lessons in a way that encourages flexibility and feedback from students, while still providing content specifically required by the student's learning needs.
I am a certified Mathematics (Senior/Intermediate) and Business (Senior/Intermediate) instructor at the Ontario Secondary School Level having taught secondary school math since 2003. I have been an instructor at an accredited Canadian College for 4 years now. I have received outstanding positive feedback from students and administrators for aiding students in learning, especially during the current Covid reality. I hold an MBA and two Bachelor degrees from accredited Canadian universities. Previously, I worked in various business administrative positions in Canada.
PROFESSOR, CANADIAN COLLEGE
(January 2018 to present)
• Prepare, deliver, and teach content to Office Administration Executive (OAE) and Pre-Health Science (PHS) students in the following courses: Health Science Math (Functions), Fundamental Math for Business, Accounting Fundamentals, Office Procedures & Strategies, Spreadsheet Design & Production
• Assess, evaluate and grade students' class work including assignments, projects, quizzes and tests
• Utilize various online and software platforms to assist student learning including Virtual Classroom, Zoom, Tutorial Videos, AME Engage (Accounting), Pearson MyLab (Math), Powerpoint, Word, Excel
• Facilitate and moderate extra math help sessions both online and in class
• Prepare weekly class schedule to include course materials such as important dates for homework assignments, quizzes, tests and handouts
(September 2017 to present)
• Follow the regular teacher's lesson plans in a way that enures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages student participation
• Maintain a well managed classroom and a positive learning environment
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER (Ontario)
(September 2003 to June 2013)
• Prepared and administered various Math, Business and ESL courses including MAP4C, MCF3M, MCR3U, MPM2D, MPM1D, ESLAO
• Maintain student attendance records and grades
• Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers
• Member of the School Literacy Team
ONLINE MATH TUTOR, ONTARIO EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (TVO)
(March 2010 to May 2012)
• Provided online math assistance for students in grades 7-10 through the use of an on-line whiteboard, tablet, and interactive tools
ANALYST, CANADIAN TIRE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
(February 2000 to April 2002)
• Analyzed historical sales models for Options Mastercard and Canadian Tire Retail Card to determine seasonal trends and future forecasting
• Administered database and prepared reports indicating the allocation of information technology personnel time
• Utilized computer spreadsheets to illustrate technical reports in the form of charts and graphs
PENSION CUSTODY SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR, CIBC MELLON
(October 1997 to February 2002)
• Received "GEM" award for customer service excellence.
• Developed and managed contacts with various organizational pension representatives
• Prepared monthly pension reports for internal and external clients
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|