My teaching methodology focuses on the easiest way to help gauge the subject. I work on structured learning and don't mind going over the concepts several times until the student understands the concept and principles entirely. I believe in active learning and having discussions with the student rather than "I-teach-you-listen".
As each student is different, I adjust to the learning capability of the student by going over students' current problems and offering guidance or provide additional practise problems that help deepen their understanding.
Solving different types of problems, specifically real-life ones; cements the student's understanding and builds confidence in the subject.
My teaching methods include breaking down each question and finding patterns between questions so once you can solve a handful of them, you can pretty much solve any question thrown at you under that topic. I am able to explain concepts in a variety of different ways such that if one way doesn't work for one student, I always have another way to make sure the concept clicks (i.e visual representation, similarities to in life problems etc.)
Aaron Darius is one of our best tutors. High-quality profile and excellent qualifications, organised and responsive to lesson requests, appreciated by their students!
My name is Aaron Darius Vaz and I graduated from Birla Institute of Technology - Pilani, which is one of the top tier universities across the world, with a Masters degree in Structural Engineering and placed second in Bachelors of Civil Engineering.
I have been tutoring full-time for over 8 years. Many of my students have dramatically improved their proficiency and test scores. I love all aspects of math and I make it fun to learn. I am very patient and I would go step by step with you to make sure you understand everything. My main area of tutoring is Math which includes Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry and all other topics related to the Canadian curriculum.
I have also taught Civil Engineering at the university level for 3 years and have been known to make each subject and topic, simple to understand. Backed with over 3 years of industrial Civil design experience I have working knowledge and teaching knowledge of software like AutoCAD, REVIT and ETABS.
Masters of Engineering – Structural Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology – Pilani
Bachelors of Engineering – Civil Engineering
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology
• Second Rank with a GPA of 9.58 on 10
Summary of Qualifications
• Assistant Professor with 3 years’ teaching experience in Civil Engineering.
• Structural Design Engineer with 2 years’ experience in design.
• Home tutor with over 3 years of work experience
• Master’s degree in Structural Engineering.
• Experienced and trained in using software packages such as ETABS, STAAD.Pro, AutoCAD, REVIT, and SketchUp.
• Self-motivated, able to learn independently by keeping up-to-date on the software packages used in the market.
• Reputation for dependability and credibility.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively working with everyone
• Proven ability to respond immediately and confidently.
• Explain the concept, review essential skills and then teach the student on how to apply them through solving problems.
Department of Civil Engineering
• Created video content using CAMTASIA for REVIT, STAAD.Pro and ETABS software packages that benefitted students and faculty in-turn increasing the learning capability by 75%.
• Customized various grading sheets using MS Excel for faculty to monitor each students' progress.
• Explained the concept of structural analysis and engineering mechanics using blended classroom pedagogy, in turn, giving a 100% pass rate.
• Trained undergraduate students to use software packages such as AutoCAD, STAAD.Pro, ETABS, REVIT, helping them acquire professional licenses keeping up with industry trends.
• Developed theoretical and practical based curriculum to update students with current requirements in the industry.
• Evaluated examinations and project reports, maintaining records required for analyzing the area of improvement of each student.
• Assisted the Head of Department in the documentation of the overall progress of the department for submission to the University Grants Commission, and National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Junior Structural Design Engineer
NCC Ltd., Hyderabad, India
• Spearheaded a team of 3 design engineers and 2 draftsmen to complete a 19-floor high rise reinforced concrete residential building project.
• Developed a model using STAAD.Pro for a 31 MLD water treatment plant, assisting a designer for on-time submission.
• Developed, prepared and oversaw the design and construction of a 50 KLD sewage treatment plant, lab room and panel room building required to complete a 2 x 600 MW power project.
• Calculated the quantity of material required for a group housing project in Uttar Pradesh, India, to prepare a running bill of quantities.
• Coordinated constantly with the architectural and drafting team on various projects to ensure the structural design is compatible and complete.
• Designed and reviewed drawings and models prepared regularly, to maintain company standards
• Prioritized projects for the design team to ensure timely submission to the chief general manager.
• Proven track record in guiding, organizing and assisting various design teams, drafting teams and modeling teams.
Provided great conceptual clarity, and always ready to help and clear doubts!
There is good clarity in his class and I find difficult chapters easy now.
Aaron is a very talented and insightful teacher. He has amazing skills to break down the subjects to make it much simpler and easily perceptible. He is also a very jovial and friendly person.
He is calm and patient and comes well prepared to each lesson and makes the learning experience fun and interactive. He also provides the appropriate level of learning material, after the lesson, to help us properly prepare.
Thank you Sir, there have been very few teachers in my Life that have gone out of their way to break things down to my level so that I can understand it, and you are probably the best! I have faith that I can pass my Structures exam now!
I totally recommend that you choose him, he's both knowledgeable and friendly. He also has a very interesting way of posing questions. 11/10 will attend more of your classes.
My reason for recommendation is very simple. 1) He knows what he is teaching, and 2) He cares about whether or not you understand it too.
And to this add, friendly and kind too, and there's the holy grail for a professor. Attend his class once, and you'll come back for more.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|