My teaching methods are Student Centered, which means what ever the student feels they need help on. I listen to the student and tailor my lessons to fulfill their needs. I am flexible with how I structure my tutor sessions.
I am an Educational Technologist and I have been tutoring children from the ages of 6-13 in all subjects for 6 years and teaching computer science to Senior Citizens for 1.5 years. I have also gone up to Northern Quebec as part of Literacy Camps.
Education Coordinator, Administrator and Tutor 2013 - Present
DJ Sports Club Inc., Montreal, Canada
• Help create and organise educational courses for children aged 7-13, such as:
• Create a curriculum for the Homework Club that entails the objectives of the
Homework Club, a breakdown of existing and new workshops and a general weekly
• Create new workshops such as:
- Literacy workshops, which include Library visits
- Writing Skills Workshop, leading to a final project of a Book
- Video Game, using previous years’ Coding Workshop to go a step further
- Podcast Workshop
• Organise and oversee the courses and tutor sessions.
• Help organise the Career Fair by
- Emailing the prospective presenters
- Emailing the flyers detailing the Career Fair to the parents
• Keep the parents informed of such Homework Sessions and when they will be
• Telephone prospective members who show interest in registering their child for
basketball team and practice.
• Telephone prospective members who show interest in registering their child for the
• Create invoices for the many teams that play in several of the youth and adult leagues
provided and organised by DJ Sports Club Inc.
• Help schedule regular league games and special upcoming tournaments.
• Keep website up to date on scores and player statistics.
• Input new and old membership registration information.
• Maintain the organisation’s inventory.
Beginner and Intermediate Computer Science Teacher 2017 - Present
Jamaica Association, Montreal, Canada
• Started as a substitute teacher of an introductory evening computer class for Senior
Citizens. Now I have become the main teacher for the same class, as well as the
teacher for the Intermediate Class.
• Taught the Seniors terminology pertaining to computers and created little quizzes and
activities.• Helped them attain an email account and create an account on a typing website to
learn to type.
• Explained in rudimentary terms how the internet works and provided the terms of the
measurement of digital information, such as megabyte and gigabyte.
• Taught the Seniors certain short cuts to use on a computer, such as:
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Switch between windows
- Switch between tabs
- Projector mode
• Taught how to use Microsoft Word:
- Broke down the Home Tab and its different functions:
o Font, Font size, Font colour, Highlighter
• Taught how to use Excel:
- Create a table
- Add/insert rows or columns
- Delete rows or columns
- Use the Add function formula
- Create a graph
• Taught how to create a website using Wordpress:
- Create pages and subsections in the website.
- Import images and videos.
• Taught how to use Microsoft PowerPoint:
- Type different texts or titles and change the colour of the text.
- Search for images on the internet and import them into the PowerPoint
- Change background colour
- Add animations and sounds
Summer Camp Counsellor and Organisation Team Member 2013 - 2018
Frontier College, Montreal, Canada
• As a Camp Counsellor, in the Northern Communities:
- Organise and create a four-week curriculum.
- Incorporate reading, writing, numeracy, sports and arts & crafts activities into the
- Create fun activities that increase a love of learning and literacy in all forms for
- Incorporate indigenous culture and community into the curriculum through guest
speakers and outings, such as the Youth Chief, SNAP Prevention Officer and
visiting the Fire Hall.
- Create summer long projects that the children are heavily involved in, such as
films in which the children write the script, and help film and edit.
• Interview prospective volunteers who want to tutor.
• Train new volunteers.
- Train volunteers in different reading and writing strategies
- Train volunteers about the ways in which Frontier College operates and how the
tutors conduct themselves.
• Onsite coordinator at one of the partners of Frontier College:
- Welcome new volunteers and ease them into volunteer tutoring- Liaise between Frontier College and the onsite coordinator of the partner.
- Observe if the volunteers need any help with their youths
- Take a register of which volunteer and youths come to each Homework Club
• Help organise an event called Youth on Campus, in which young adults visit a
university campus and do hour long workshops.
Instructional Designer 2016
Ottawa Modern Jewish School, Ottawa, Canada
• Conducted a needs analysis to identify the performance gap.
• Conducted research on curriculum development, childhood development and other
areas, such as collaborative learning, to understand the task and provide
• Conducted a high-level design to organise the objectives, provide instructional
strategies and provide evaluation methods that were in accordance with the
• Conducted meetings with the organisation and maintained constant dialogue with the
• Created a template course plan that satisfies the research as well as the needs of the
organisation to bridge the performance gap.
• Collaborated with the teachers to create and develop curriculum that satisfies the
organisation, the teachers, and the students.
• Create and develop evaluative methods such as a rubric to evaluate the students’
knowledge and questionnaires to evaluate both the improvements of the students as
well as evaluate the course itself.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||Not available|