My teaching methodology is to keep it as simple as possible in the initial phases. My methods change with the ability and the perception of the student. I feel a teacher's job is to help the student just enough so that they can realize their true potential.
I am a Ph.D. student in Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
I have taught at the Kitchener Waterloo Education Services for the last one year as a maths tutor. I taught students from grades 6th to 10th in one-on-one as well as group sessions.
A Water Resources enthusiast with Masters from Delft University of Technology and affinity for Sustainable Development Goals, the environment, and the elixir of life: water. Currently pursuing Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo in Systems Design Engineering.
Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo, ON, Canada (2018 – 2022(expected))
PhD (Systems Design Engineering)
Research Interest: Systems design application in resolving water related conflicts in India and other developing countries by including sustainability, economics, legislation, and the nexus thereof.
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (2015 – 2017)
MSc. Civil Engineering (Water Management Track)
Key Skills gained:
• Developing IWRM based master plan for West Africa with focus on Ghana and Burkina Faso.
• In-house project on the Ghezira Irrigation system, Sudan and the River rating project in Suriname.
• Keen hydrological processes measurement acumen through applying the theories and practices in the field work at Delft and Luxembourg.
• Interpreting the water system behaviour by applying feedback and Model Predictive Controls.
• Understanding the peculiar behaviour of water in deltas and estuaries through complex analysis
• Realisation of the power of stakeholders in a controlled as well as an uncontrolled system.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking, with a conscientious approach to managing workloads.
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and presentations.
• Proficiency in all areas of WEAP, Python, Microsoft Office,
GIS software’s like QGIS and GRASS, Flood forecasting software like SOBEK.
Notable Modules - Integrated Water Resources Management, Hydrology of Estuaries and Deltas, Hydrological Modelling, Hydrological Processes and Measurements, Hydrological Field Work, Urban Drainage and Water Management, Operational Water Management, Water Systems People and Society, Polders and Flood Control, and Philosophy, Ethics and Technology Assessment.
Thesis: The thesis estimates how the global food prices drive deforestation and in-turn how this deforestation affects the regional water balance. The land cover land use change and reduction in precipitation snowballs into changed water balance in the region. This may have an adverse effect on the future food producing capabilities of the South American region. This was a combined project of TU Delft and UNESCO WWAP. (Grade 8.5)
Institute of Technology, Nirma University, India
(2008 – 2012)
Bachelor of Technology (Civil Engineering)
Key Skills gained:
• Worked as Trainee Engineer for K B Mehta Construction Private Limited, Surat, India for four months as part of final semester training module.
o Construction of three 60-metre-high Cement Silos.
Notable Modules - Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Hydraulics, Fluid Mechanics, Construction Project Management, Engineering Mathematics, Advanced Surveying, Transportation and Traffic Engineering.
Deputy Manager, Natural Resources Management Division, VisionRI Connexion Services Private Limited, National Capital Region, India
(May 2018 – August 2018)
• Preparation of Water Resources Master Plan for Zimbabwe funded by the World Bank.
Civil Engineer, Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd, Vadodara, India
(July 2012 – July 2015)
• Gypsum reclamation work amounting to $400,000.00, during my first year of employment.
• Appointed in-charge for Utility, Environmental Control and Water Supply head works.
• Prepared tenders for more than 20 projects in total amounting to $ 1,000,000.00 over the period of three years.
• Revamping of effluent treatment plants to modern technical specifications amounting to $150,000.00
• Planning and executing the construction of 1000 m3/hr counter flow cooling tower
European Geosciences Union 2017, Vienna, Austria (23rd April 2017 to 28th April 2017)
Poster Title: Anthropogenic affects to Biotic Pump of South America? (EGU2(concealed information))
• Presented on 24th April 2017 under the session Advances in Socio-Hydrology
ICWRER 2019, Nanjing, China
(14th June, 2019 to 18th June 2019)
Paper Title: Cauvery River Dispute: Strategic insights using Graph Model for Conflict Resolution (GMCR) with Fuzzy Preferences (139)
• Presented on 17th June 2019 under the session Conflict Resolution in Responsible Governance of Water Resources and Environmental Systems
Intern, UNESCO WWAP, Perugia, Italy
(September 2016 – November 2016)
• Bringing out conflicts in the Sustainable Development Goals 2030
• Between zero hunger, no poverty, economic growth, and water.
• Without proper water infrastructure for farmers (who depend on seasonal rains for irrigation), food security reduces along with the economic growth of the farmer as well as the country.
Intern, Alterra, Wageningen UR, The Netherlands (October 2015 – February 2016)
• Development of Delta Monitor for river deltas of the world
• Interviewing various Delta Wing heads and gathering information
Visiting Scholar, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA (May 2011 – July 2011)
• Development and validation of REDARS2 software
• Cost estimation of the damages caused by virtual earthquakes for better pre-risk planning.
• Better resource connectivity for increasing the efficiency of post risk management.
Vice-President, Dispuut Water Management, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
(December 2015 – November 2016)
• Improving the dispuut website’s interface and keeping it updated along with organising of various activities
• Member of Symposium committee (held on 25.04.2016)
o Promoting the event and making sure that the website can handle the traffic for the event
o Conceptualization and execution of the event
President, Indian Society for Technical Education, Nirma University, India
(April 2010 – April 2011)
• Organising the annual technical and management symposium and the annual cultural festival
• Arranging sponsorships for the events
INTERESTS & SKILLS
Interests: Water Resources Management
Nature Based Solutions
MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Languages: English (Full Professional Proficiency)
Hobbies: Socializing with family and friends
Reading Fiction Novels
Weekly Cricket Games,
Listening to regional Music, and,
Watching Cricket and Football
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|