My teaching method is always evolving based on the need of my students / learners.
I usually follow the :-
Bottom-up teaching methodology while teaching all five skills (Reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar).
empower the leaners by focusing on them
I have a PhD in Psychology and am a licensed teacher in ESL, EAP, IELTS, CELPIP and CAEL. I have been teaching for over 20 years. I have worked at Lakehead University, Wilfrid Laurier University and Confederation College.
DR. KHUSHNUMA DUBASH
1201 – 4100 Ponytrail Drive; Mississauga ON L4W 2Y1
Tel: (concealed information) OR (concealed information)
(concealed information) Skype: Khushnuma.dubash
Talented English facilitator, administrator, and a strategic thinker looking for a position in the field of management and education, bringing related education, experience, and technical skill, while promoting an environment free of discrimination.
• Thomas Fiddler Memorial High School – Sandy Lake Reserve, Grade 8 homeroom teacher and Curriculum Developer- November 2019 to present
• Lakehead University (Orillia) Instructor English as a Second Language (ESL) [Advance-Intermediate]- July to October 2019
• CAEL-CE (The Canadian Academic English Language- Computer Edition) Test- Speaking rater.
• Wilfrid Laurier University (Brantford) Facilitator (EAP)- Sept 2018 to April 2109
• Lakehead University (Orillia) Instructor ESL [Low- Intermediate]- July and August 2018
• Confederation College (Thunder Bay) Instructor ESL- Sept 2017 to April 2018
• International Language Studies Canada (ILSC) – Instructor: University Pathway Program, Bridging Program, ESL, Literacy Classes and EAP
• Madinat Ullum Academy (MUA) – English and Education Advisor (Grades 9 to 12)
• Immigrants Working Centre (PT), Hamilton (PBLA) – Adult education instructor
• Canadian Institute of Management and Technology (PT)- Instructor: Adult CELBAN, IELTS, Business Communication, Business and Marketing, Business Values and Ethics, Professional Skills and Crisis Management
• Coach and Advisor for students of the TDSB and Peel board in both applied and academic English (online).
• Volunteer, Dixie Bloor Neighborhood Centre (twice a week)
Oman Medical College
Sep’2011 to August 2013: Teaching ESL to medical and pharmacy students
• Admissions representative and academic skills advisor
• Preparing and designing of assessments, Marking TOEFL papers and providing feedback to students on their performance.
• Compiled a workbook for the foundation students, Worked with students on “creative writing”
Oct’2009 to Aug’2011: Teaching ESL to business students
• Marking IELTS listening, writing, and reading, Training and marking speaking test for IELTS
• Supporting students in their academic activities through academic guidance and as their academic Advisor.
• Preparing and designing of assessments related to sales and marketing, including Placement test and re-sit assessments and resource development.
• Coeditor of the in-house magazine VOICES and part of the Quality Assurance Committee (EFL Department Muscat College) and part of the Working Group for the college accreditation.
Oman Medical College
Aug’2008 to Jul’2009: Teaching ESL to medical and pharmacy students (part-time)
• Preparing and designing of assessments including re-sit assessments
• Marking of assessed work and providing feedback to students on their performance
Dec’2006 to Mar’2008: Business Partner (Self Employed)
• Director Muscat branch of Mastermind Institute, providing coaching for
• 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grade students in Math, Science and English, in preparation for Indian Institute of Engineering (IIT) and All India Pre-Medical (AIPMT) Entrance Exams.
• Sole in charge of marketing, student enrollment, student retention, sales and student counselling
• Planning of institute’s schedule to the syllabus requirements of Mastermind Course for various grades.
• Build relationships with parents, stakeholders, and Indian schools in Muscat, providing presentations, brochures and answering inquiries
• Student success advisor
• Quality assurance and the recruitment, of exceptional faculty and staff
• Financial Budgeting
• Creating and modifying course curriculum based on the Ministry of Education requirements
• Responsible for staff and administration of all aspects of the institute and conducting meetings with my team (staff) and parents to discuss policies.
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Human and Organizational Psychology, Touro University Worldwide (California-United States of America) 2020.
• Master of Arts (M.A.) in English, Annamalai University (India), 2009-11
• Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology (Major) and English Literature (Ancillary), Mumbai University (Mumbai, India), 1996-97
• TESOL- Canada, Canadian College of Educators, July 2014
• CELTA, Caledonian College (Muscat), Cambridge Examinations Certificate in English Language Teaching for Adults, June 2006
• CEELT, British Council (Muscat), Cambridge Examinations, March 1998
• ECCE, Early Childhood Care and Education, Mumbai University (Mumbai, India), 2001
• Team player with ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Experienced at providing market research and making recommendations.
• Highly motivated, with willingness to learn and constantly improve.
• Use and develop a variety of learning strategies which are observable and measurable and keep abreast with new teaching methods
• Experienced in DP English (IB)
• Ability to handle confidential information and work under pressure
• Results-oriented with an ability to handle many tasks and maintain a high level of individual and team performance.
• Pedagogical variety and knowledge of online / e-learning / Banner / smart board
• Culturally sensitive and able to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Excellent English: written, oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
• Enjoy working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
• TESL Ontario membership # T140344
• Certified in first aid from St Johns Ambulance
• Certified CELPIP instructor
• Conference: Girl Guides Captain Meet (Oman)
• Conference: The 10th, 11th ,12th ELT conference: Current perspectives in ELT: new methodologies, research and best practices, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman 2010, 2011, 2012
• Conference: Teachers Cognition and Perceptions in Teaching Grammar by Dr. Borg Simon
• Conference: ‘Warmers and Fillers’ by Mark Fowler conducted at HCT by ELT Professionals
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|