There’s always something new to learn in the world of computer programming. Regardless of where you are in your computer programming and coding education, going the extra mile will ensure you have all the knowledge you need to succeed.
If you are interested in becoming a computer programmer and aspire to have a computer programmer salary in the future, it is important that you beginning coding as soon as possible so you can get all the necessary skills to become a real pro in the business.
Keep reading to find out more about coding courses, computer online courses and the best way to become a computer programmer with the help of Superprof.
Beginning Coding: How to Do It?
Coding is one of the most valuable skills you can build. Whether you want to advance your career, build software or games for your friends, or just understand the tech space better than before, learning the language of computers can be a major asset to your professional and personal development.
But, how can I beginning coding? How can I get started in the programming world?
While anybody can learn how to start coding, many people don’t take the plunge because they’re worried they need a computer-science degree or they won't be able to build the necessary skills. This is not true!
If you want to learn how to code, taking your first steps into this huge universe might seem like a daunting, if not intimidating task but the best way to beginning coding is by taking the plunge and just start!
The first thing we recommend is to find a good coding tutor that can help you understand the basics of computer coding. A simple set of computer courses could be lifesavers for you and they will give you a general idea of what computer coding is really about.
Learning to code is a new skill that is popular these days. It is so much in demand that even high schools have added programming in their curriculum. If you are interested in studying coding in terms of formal education, there are many excellent opportunities to study coding in Canada:
- Computer Programmer at Lambton College
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Programmer at Canadore College
- Diploma in Computer Programming at Sheridan College
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Programming and Analysis at Seneca College
- Diploma in Information Technology at New Brunswick Community College
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Programming at Niagara College
- Computer Science Degree at UBC
- Computer Science Degree at U of Toronto
- Computer Science Degree at SFU
- Computer Science Degree at UVic
- Computer Science Degree at Queen's College
- Computer Science Degree at U of Calgary
If you are interested in more informal coding courses, you can also check out some of the coding bootcamps offered by Lighthouse Labs, Juno College, Brainstation and General Assembly. These bootcamps teach students everything they need to know to become a professional web developer, and aim to do it as quickly as possible. Unlike other programs, which are run outside of the tech industry, coding bootcamps are run from within the industry.
Learn more about the industries for computer programmers.
Tips for Computer Programmers
There's no longer any doubt: coding is the most crucial skill of the 21st century. Developers are needed in every industry, and entirely new industries are being created from emerging technologies.
There are a ton of incredible online resources for learning to code. Most people that do any of the above options start with these and move slowly by finding a good learning hub or tutor. With that in mind, here are some basic tips for computer programmers that could come in handy in your programming career.
- Focus on the Fundamentals. Getting a good grasp of the fundamentals is critically important to achieving long-term success. The information you learn at the beginning of your programming education or coding bootcamp will allow you to grasp the logic of more complicated topics further along.
- Learn to Ask for Help. Knowing when to ask for help is a skill you’ll need throughout the course of your life, not just in your coding career. The fact of the matter is, you aren’t going to know everything, especially when you’re just starting out.
- Put Your Knowledge into Action. If you really want to learn how to code, you need to do more than just read the book and take some notes: you need to put the information you’re learning into action.
- Learn How to Code by Hand. If you really want to succeed in computer programming, especially if you are seeking a coding career, learning to code by hand is one of the most important skills you can learn.
- Check out Helpful Online Coding Resources. You can find countless sources of information on the internet on just about any topic. This information can be especially helpful when you are learning how to code.
- Know When to Take a Break from Code Debugging. Debugging can be one of the most frustrating processes when you are learning how to code. Taking this step will allow you to clear your mind enough to go back to the bug with a renewed sense of focus.
- Do More Than Just Read Sample Code. When you get your hands on sample code, it’s easy to just read through it and think you have an understanding of what’s going on. To start a successful coding career, you need to cultivate a deep level of understanding, and playing around with sample code is a great way to do that.
Are you ready to become a programmer? You can teach yourself!
What is A Computer Programmer Salary?
Computer programmers work in a wide range of industries, but generally in offices as salaried employees who code or write computer software and write, design, debug, troubleshoot, and maintain source code related to various computer programs.
You have probably heard that one of the big pros of becoming a computer programmer is enjoying a computer programmer salary. Truth is, computer programmers are so sought after that they are in a privileged position when it comes to asking for raises and better working conditions.
Canada’s economy has shifted towards technology, but it lacks a lot of qualified workers in technology fields. This is where you come in.
But, how much money do programmers make? What is the average for a computer programmer salary in Canada?
According to Indeed, the average hourly rate for computer programmers in Canada is $35.34 per hour. This can vary depending on the province where you are located, since the cost of living is not the same in every Canadian city:
- Calgary $43.42
- Vancouver $38.46
- Kitchener $36.92
- Saskatoon $36.06
- Windsor $36.06
- Toronto $35.90
- Halifax $33.65
- Winnipeg $33.33
- Montreal $31.47
- Fredericton $30.81
- Edmonton $28.07
On the other hand, it is also true that the IT industry offers the most competitive salaries in Canada:
- The median annual salary is $81,500,
- The bottom 10% of earners in the tech field make less than $48,750,
- The top 10% of earners make in excess of $114,300,
- The salary range for computer programmers is $34,782 to $81,430
Also, in the world of computer programming there are many different jobs with varied salaries such as:
- Java Developer: $97,107
- Software Engineer: $92,544
- Software Developer: $76,180
- Systems Analyst: $75,158
- Developer: $73,308
- Web Developer: $59,536
As you can see, diving into the world of computer programming and coding could be an excellent choice for your professional future. Do you want to start now? Keep reading to find out more about coding courses and computer online courses with Superprof.
Find the best coding courses to become a programmer.
Computer Online Courses With Superprof
We are happy to tell you that you have arrived at the best place for coding courses and computer online courses with personal tutors: Superprof.
Our platform has over 400 personal tutors that are ready to share their skills in computer programming with you. All you need to do is conduct a thorough search of computer programming tutors in your area and start looking at their profiles to pick the one that best suits your needs. Some things you cana look at are:
- Their professional experience as a private tutor
- Their professional experience outside of tutoring
- Their academic background
- Their diplomas or certificates
- Their availability for in-person and online classes
- The reviews previous students have left on their profile
This last point is super important since it will give you a good idea of what taking programming courses with a certain teacher is like. We also recommend you ask for a trial class. Most of the Superprof tutors typically do the first lesson for free since it is a great way to get to know the students and align objectives and goals.
Find the best programming tutor for you and get ready to become a coder with the help of Superprof!
The platform that connects tutors and students