How much do physicists make in Canada? Do physicists get paid well? How much would I have left after taxes? The list is endless with questions people ask when planning on studying physics and working with their degree in Canada.
This guide provides well-researched salary expectations for a physics professional in Canada. How can you quickly learn physics, and where can you get some of Canada's best tutors for physics?
Learn about the different types of physics jobs.
How Much Do Physicists Make in Canada?
The lowest salary expectation of a physicist in Canada is about 138,000 CAD, and the highest is about 390,000 CAD, but on average, a physicist in Canada earns approximately 260,000 CAD per year.
Physicists' salaries differ in different Canadian cities, and it also depends on your experience, gender, skills, and qualifications. The average salary also includes housing, transportation, and other benefits.
Generally, the salary of a physics professional in Canada range from a minimum of 138,000 CAD to a maximum of 390,000 CAD; the median salary expectation is 235,000 CAD per year, which means 50% of physicist in Canada earn less than 235,000 CAD, while the other 50% make above 235,000 CAD per year.
25% of persons working as physicists in Canada earn less than 168,000 CAD, while the other 75% earn more than 168,000 CAD.
Do Physicists Get Paid Well?
If your salary is higher than both the median and average value as indicated above, you are safe to say that you get paid well.
Whether or not physicists in Canada get paid well varies with individual satisfaction and lifestyle; what is enough for one person might not be for another person. Before concluding if a physicist gets paid well, you should also consider:
- Where you live and work in Canada since the cost of living differs in different cities.
- Some companies also offer numerous bonuses and allowances to their staff while others don't.
- Experience and age can also affect your pay in Canada as a physicist.
- A person with less than two years of experience earns approximately 160,000 CAD per year.
- A physicist with 2 to 5 years of experience earns about 200,000 CAD per year.
- Physicists with an experience level of 5 to 10 years earn about 270,000 CAD per year, 32% more than a physicist with 2 to 5 years experience.
- Physicists with 10 to 15 of experience earn around 315,000 CAD per year, 18% more than the former.
- Persons working as physicists in Canada with 15 to 20 years of experience earn around 350,000 CAD per year.
- Physicists with more than 20 years of experience earn 370,000 CAD and above.
The salary expectations of physicists in Canada also vary with educational qualifications.
- A bachelor's degree holder in physics earns about 190,000 CAD per year.
- A master's degree holder earns about 255,000 CAD per year, 32% more than the salary expectation with a bachelor's degree.
- A physicist with a PhD earns an average salary of 360,000 CAD per year, 40% more than a physicist with a master's degree.
Now that you are sure of what salary to expect as a physics professional in Canada. Also, for intending physicists, you have seen how much you can earn when you become a physics professional in Canada; you must now want to know how best you can quickly learn physics and start making money as a physicist.
Discover how you can learn physics and find the best tutors available for you, so you can quickly join those already enjoying salaries as physicists.
Where can I find a Suitable Tutor for Physics?
Do you wish to learn physics online or in person, or do you want to get a good understanding of ap physics? Then, you can select from thousands of expert and professional tutors for physics at Superprof.
Superprof offers students the chance to personally select a physics tutor that is perfect for them, arrange their lessons and discover new experiences. Learning physics has been made simple and more enjoyable with physics tutors from Superprof.
On Superprof, you can freely go through the profiles of as many tutors for physics as you want, and you can contact the ideal physics tutor that suits your needs ( price, reviews, qualifications, home or online lessons).
Superprof gives you the flexibility to explain the areas of physics you are challenged with, schedule your lessons according to your availability, and get unlimited access to all tutors and coaches.
Superprof does not teach students solely based on recorded videos and materials; when you hire a physics tutor from superprof, you get a tutor present with you in real-time even when you fixed the time for the class.
Can I Learn Physics Online Simultaneously With my High School Physics?
Of course, on Superprof, you can hire an online physics tutor to help you learn physics better, even as you study the regular high school physics in your school.
The most valuable thing you can do in your spare time as a high student interested in physics is to take extra classes online with an online physics tutor. This can help you do better in school, get higher grades and easily understand your high school physics.
Find good physics class here on Superprof.
Your online physics tutor can also help you with your high school physics assignments and homework, help you prepare for exams, and generally make it easier and enjoyable to learn physics.
The time it takes to learn physics and become certified depends on the country and the school you choose to study. This could also determine your learning speed.
However, taking online classes as you learn physics in high school or college can significantly reduce the overall time it will take you to learn physics before getting a certification. This is because the online classes can help you easily and quickly understand the physics you are being taught in school.
How Can an Online Physics Tutor Help Me?
An online physics tutor can benefit you and help you more than you can imagine. For example, online physics tutors can help you prepare for exams like AP physics test, MCAT, etc., help improve your grades in college or high school physics and help you understand and maximally utilize physics formulas.
Some of the numerous benefits of an online physics tutor are discussed below.
- They can be an excellent resource to help you study when preparing for exams; they can identify the areas you are challenged with and teach more on those areas.
- They encourage and boost your confidence to clear your doubts before an exam.
- They Identify your learning style and prepare to teach accordingly, thereby helping you increase your learning speed.
- Online physics tutors can set mock physics tests for students and give them corrections where they are wrong.
- An online physics tutor can help you become independent by motivating you to solve challenging physics problems and guiding you on how to do it.
- They can provide you with notes and lists of physics formulas you can quickly revise before an exam.
- You can fix a suitable time for your classes and comfortably learn physics simultaneously with your day-to-day college or high school physics.
- These tutors can simplify AP physics into what you can easily understand since most students find AP physics more challenging.
What Jobs can I get in Canada as a physicist?
After successfully learning physics and getting a certification, do you want to know what jobs you can get in Canada to earn the salaries discussed earlier in this article? Learn more about physics careers.
Canada is a beautiful place with vast opportunities in many sectors, including physics. As a professional physicist in Canada, you will get an excellent well-paying job with the salary expectations earlier discussed and many other bonuses and allowances.
Physicists are currently in high demand right across Canada. However, if you already are a physics professional or plan to become a physicist in Canada, you have many opportunities to explore and enjoy.
Some of the jobs you can get as a professional physicist in Canada include physics tutoring, technical writers, data analysts, web developers, research analysts, design engineers, etc.
You shouldn't just learn physics to get a job and earn money. Physics jobs in Canada have evolved more than that. There are many benefits to learning physics. A good physics education can give you valuable and flexible skills that will open doors for you and give you many opportunities in the future.
The Canadian Association of physicists and the CAP foundation are more committed now than ever to raising the profile of the physics profession and the standards of training or education for physicists, so there is no better time to learn physics than now.
Furthermore, there is no better platform to learn physics than Superprof. So why delay when you have it all sorted out? Take the bold step now! Hire a physics tutor from superprof for either online classes or in-person classes to give you the best physics education possible.
Want to become a physicist? See the career path for success.
The platform that connects tutors and students